The popular messaging application WhatsApp is currently used by billions of users around the world. Not only as a medium for exchanging messages, but also a lot that can be done from group video calls, sending stickers, status updates, sending voice messages, and much more.
But did you know that from the many features that WhatsApp has, there are also secrets that many people may not have realized — including you?
Summarized by our team from several sources, Friday (8/10/2021), the following are a series of secret features and how to activate them:
1. Delete messages automatically
By activating the ‘Disappearing Messages’ feature, all conversation messages will disappear from the chat room after seven days. This feature will also free up phone memory and make it easier for users to delete old messages.
To do this, go to the WhatsApp application > open the chat that is intended for personal or group > tap the name of the contact or group at the top > then activate the ‘Disappearing Messages’ option.
2. Pinning the top contact
On WhatsApp, of course, we have a lot of conversations either personally or in groups. So, sometimes important contacts sink to the bottom. For example, important contacts from family, parents or partners who often chat.
Thus, so that the contact remains on top and continues to be visible, there is a pin feature so that conversations with this contact will be permanently placed at the top.
To do this, go to WhatsApp > long-press the desired contact > then pin at the top select the pin image.
3. Bookmark important messages
Many chats on WhatsApp are considered important such as family matters, work, school and others. So, so as not to forget the user can mark the message. So if you need it, it’s easy to find.
To do this, open the WhatsApp application > enter the chat in question > long press one of the important messages > then tap ‘Star’ or the star icon.
4. Custom Notifications
Instead of having the same notification sound for every incoming message, you can set a custom notification for each contact. This is so you can know who is contacting you.
Android users just do this. First of all, tap on the Menu icon while viewing a chat thread. Next select View Contact > Custom Notification, check the box and then complete the settings.
For those using WhatsApp on iPhone, tap on the contact’s name while viewing the chat thread, then select Custom Tone.
5. See who you chat with the most
Want to know who the people you talk to the most on WhatsApp are?
To do this, open the WhatsApp application > tap the three dots at the top right corner then select settings > select Data & Storage (storage and data) > open Manage storage (manage storage)
After that, a list of the contacts who have messaged you most frequently on WhatsApp will appear. You can also tap on each contact to see more details.
6. Turn off auto-download media, save storage
Usually, in groups, there are those who often send photos and videos, so to save your cellular data and also not to fill up your phone’s storage memory, you have to disable the automatic storage feature.
To do this, enter the WhatsApp application > settings > select data and storage usage, select media auto-download (Settings – Data usage & storage Automatically download media).
In when using mobile data (When connected to Cellular Data) uncheck all media, as well as in the menu when connected on Wi-Fi (When connected to Wi-Fi).
7. Export conversations
You can export conversations if you really need to save them. While viewing a conversation, Android users need to tap the Menu button followed by More > Export Chat.
On iPhone, the process is similar to viewing a chat thread, tapping the contact’s name at the top of the screen, then scrolling to the bottom of the Contact Info page and selecting Export Chat.
8. Delete files quickly
Sending photos and videos on WhatsApp will make the internal memory of the phone’s storage full and can make the phone sluggish.
While deleting them one by one from each chat would be too much of a hassle. Quoting Pocket-lint, you can delete it quickly through one of the rarely known features of WhatsApp.
To do this, enter the WhatsApp application > settings > select storage and data > manage storage > Under the ‘Review and Delete’ section, you can tap the ‘Larger Than 5 MB’ or ‘Forwarded Many Times’ tabs> after that Select the files to be deleted, then delete.
How to Trace Unknown Numbers, Immediately Know Who
Have you ever received an unknown call and were afraid of being scammed? It’s easy! Just track it using the app.
Now, tracing a cellphone number is not a difficult thing to do. TheDigitNews, Saturday (10/16/2021) has summarized several applications that can help you to track foreign cellphone numbers that may be bothering you, along with an explanation.
How to trace a cellphone number with 7 applications:
Showcaller serves to identify unknown phone numbers even to know the detailed location of the caller. You can also block numbers to avoid scams and unwanted calls. In addition to displaying names, this application also shows addresses and comments about the number of other people who have been victims.
This application developed by Gogolook can identify unknown calls. So the user can decide to accept or reject the call.
There are number setting features, blocking based on numbers and keywords, and offline database in this application. Whoscall is also included in the Best Apps of Google Play 2013 in 8 Asian countries. In 2013, this application was acquired by Naver, so that it became one shade with the chat application Line.
3. Call Blocker Free Blacklist and Whitelist
This application aims to prevent users from unwanted phone numbers. It has a unique way of blocking unknown numbers by consuming low storage, so it doesn’t take up memory on your smartphone.
The following superior feature is the Whitelist alias allowlist. Where users can create a list of numbers, they don’t want to block. There is also a feature to detect and stop spam calls.
Truecaller is a smartphone application that can display the calling user’s name even if the number is not saved.
Not only can it identify unknown numbers, but it also has an extensive directory of spam callers. Users can also add a list of specific numbers as spam.
Created by the developer True Software Scandinavia AB, this Swedish application can detect caller ID, contact blocking, SMS spam blocking, and functions as a dialer. The application, which was released in 2009, is available for iOS and Android devices.
Before changing its name, this application was called Whitepages Caller ID. And this latest version, then named Hiya, comes with a series of features to block calls and SMS spam.
There are additional features in this application, such as information when you call a private number and notifications when your cellphone receives a message in the form of spam, viruses, malware, adware, and spyware.
6. Mr. Number – Block Calls & Spam
This application can detect and block phone numbers commonly used to launch calls and SMS spam and fraud. You can also use it to block calls from unknown foreign numbers, numbers with specific area codes, and numbers suspected of being spammers.
7. Tellows – Caller ID & Block
This application is equipped with a feature that allows it to find out information such as the caller’s name, address, and location when we receive an incoming call. In addition, we can also see the types of calls from foreign numbers, divided into 9 categories, including trusted numbers, debt collection companies, lucky draws, surveys, aggressive advertising, terrorism, money fraud, telemarketing, and missed calls mode. So, we can know the purpose of the owner of the number calling us.
How to locate the iPhone in case of theft with ‘Find my iPhone’
Would not it be great to be able to locate the mobile, the computer or anything else, in case of theft? Well, if you have an iPhone, iPad or Mac, you’re in luck. With the application ‘Find my iPhone’ you can locate your mobile device and completely free of charge. Yes, yes, you heard right. Stay tuned to what we are going to tell you here because if you install this application you will no longer have to worry about having lost your iPhone since you will be able to know immediately where it is.
Steps to follow:
1. Enter the Apple application market from your iPhone and download ‘Find my iPhone‘: http://itunes.apple.com/app/find-my-iphone/id376101648
2. Enter your Apple credentials – Apple ID and password – to enter the application.
3. With this, you will be able to locate your iPhone and see its location on a map.
4. It is done! From now on your iPhone is located and if you lose it, you can enter the application from any other Apple device and see where it is.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to locate the iPhone in case of theft with ‘Find my iPhone’, we recommend that you enter our Life Hack category.
- In order to locate the lost device, it is necessary that it is turned on and that it does not lose the data connection.
- You can also use ‘Find My iPhone’ to locate a Mac, iPod Touch, or iPad.
- If you have more than one Apple device, you can link them all to the same Apple ID.
How to locate a person through mobile
There are many reasons that can lead someone to want to know the whereabouts of a person through their mobile number: a relative who you have not heard from for days, a friend who does not answer your calls, etc.
However, locating someone without their knowledge is something that must be done under the responsibility and ethics of each one. Above all, respect the privacy of each person and go to this extreme only when strictly necessary. Next, we will tell you how to locate a person through mobile.
How to know the location of mobile for free
There are different mobile applications that allow you to identify for free where a person’s phone is located, such as:
- “Find my device” from Google: this simple Google tool will not only allow you to know exactly the location of that person’s mobile, but if you have lost your mobile, you can also make it ring and/or delete its content from the Internet. Upon entering, it will ask you for your Google account (or mobile number) and the password with which the phone in question is linked, so if you do not know it it can be a problem. Of course, if the mobile is off or without a battery it will not detect it.
- Application “Locate mobile by number”: this telephone application lets you know where your friends or family are through their phone number. It also lets you know their last rides and how much battery they have left.
- App “Lookout Security & Antivirus”: an application for Androids mobiles. With this app, you can know the location of whoever you want through their phone number. Despite being free, it also has a payment option with which, in case of theft or loss, you can lock your screen and completely reset the phone.
- App “Cerberus”: this application is one of the simplest and with the most functionalities out there. It allows you not only to find a person through their phone number but also to listen to the sound of the environment and access the call log of that person.
- Application “Family Locator”: this is an application different from the others, as it is much cleaner and more moral. “Family Locator” is designed to create a private network with the family, to know if someone has already reached their destination or not, as well as the routes they have made. This app is ideal for families who have a habit of travelling, or for people with Alzheimer’s or young children.
How to know where a person is on WhatsApp
With WhatsApp, it is possible to share a location in real-time with whoever you want and for as long as you want, although this option may be of little use if what you want is to know where a person is without them knowing.
On the other hand, there are many websites that claim to be able to discover the real location of a person through WhatsApp, but it is a totally impossible option, so be wary of all those sources that defend knowing where someone is through a WhatsApp conversation.
How to locate a mobile by GPS
Another way of knowing where a person is on their mobile is through their GPS. There are different ways of knowing the whereabouts of a person with this method, such as:
- App “GPS Tracking for Mobile”: this application for Android allows you to track your family and friends through GPS. You can know the location in real-time and track minute by minute the whereabouts of your children, parents, grandparents, etc. In addition, this application also tracks old phones, making it ideal for monitoring very elderly family members.
- App “Search iPhone & Android Mobile”: another ideal application to know the whereabouts of a person through their mobile device is this. In addition, it is also a perfect option to find your own mobile if it has been stolen or if you have lost it.
- App “GPS Family Locator KidControl”: this application has something that others do not. While others lose the signal when entering depending on which sites, KidControl GPS Family Locator detects the GPS signal of the phones of your interest even if they are in an underground area. It also allows you to select dangerous zones and receive alerts when your children are in them. As if this were not enough, the application has an SOS button ideal for emergencies.
You may also be interested in this other article on How to locate the iPhone in case of theft with “Find my iPhone”.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to locate a person through mobile, we recommend that you enter our Life Hack category.
How to Change Folder Color in Google Drive
SHARE How to change the color of a folder in Google Drive is very easy. And this serves to make...
Eyebrow soap: what is it for and how to use it
SHARE Fashions and aesthetic preferences are constantly changing and evolving. Unlike a few years ago, when the eyebrows were thin...
2 Ways to Easily Copy Paste PDF Files, Let’s Try it!
SHARE PDF is a type of document format that can only be opened using Adobe Reader software, a browser, or...
How to Trace Unknown Numbers, Immediately Know Who
SHARE Have you ever received an unknown call and were afraid of being scammed? It’s easy! Just track it using...
How to burn and eliminate back fat
SHARE Do you dare to put on that low-back blouse that you saw on the sideboard or do you still...
How to Install New Windows 11 Insider Emoji on Windows 10
SHARE As previously reported, Microsoft updated Emoji in Windows 11 starting with Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22478, then can...
How to quickly delete thousands of emails at once in Gmail
SHARE Your Gmail storage capacity is dying? The only way to get around this is to quickly delete hundreds of...
How to Schedule Live on Instagram, Can Be Set Up to 90 Days
SHARE Live Instagram is now getting more exciting regarding the schedule live feature. A feature that allows users to schedule...
How to burn belly fat
SHARE Over the years, bad eating habits, pregnancies, sedentary life, menopause … Many and varied are the causes that make...
Oppo Reno 7 5G on the way. There is a technical specification
SHARE Oppo Reno 7 5G is the brand’s upcoming smartphone. The technical specification of the phone has appeared on the...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight Loss
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones2 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones2 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech2 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News2 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers