How to Add a Check Box in a Microsoft Word Document
Hello Goodguys, back again with an exciting article from us. In this tutorial, we will explain how to add a checkbox to a Microsoft Word document.
Checkboxes in Word are often used for various purposes that aim to make documents look more presentable and pleasing to the eye.
Especially when you create a survey or form with Microsoft Word, adding a checkbox becomes a more accessible option to read and answer.
HOW TO CREATE A CHECKBOX IN A WORD DOCUMENT
In this article, there are two options for how to add a checkbox in Word. The former is ideal for documents that make it easy for people to fill out digitally within the Word document.
The second option makes it easier to print documents so that they are neat, such as to-do lists and so on.
Without further ado, here’s a tutorial on how to create a checkbox in Microsoft Word, summarized by us from How to Geek :
Option 1: Use Word Tools to Add Check Boxes to Forms
- To create a form that includes checkboxes, you must first activate the “Developer” tab on the Ribbon menu.
- Then, open the Word document where you want to insert the checkbox. With the Word document open, click the drop-down on the “File” menu, then select the “Options” command.
- The “Word Options” window will appear. Switch the window to the “Customize Ribbon” tab. On the right of the list, select “Customize the Ribbon” and select “Main Tabs” in the drop-down menu.
- In the list of available Main Tabs, select the “Developer” checkbox, then click the “OK” button.
- Notice that the “Developer” tab is added to your Ribbon. Position the cursor in the document where you want to add the check box. Then, switch to the “Developer” tab, then click the “Check Box Content Control” button.
- A checkbox will appear where you placed your cursor, for example, next to each answer, making the checkbox interactive.
- Click the checkbox to mark it with an “X” symbol (as shown in the figure), or select the entire form box to move the checkbox, format it, and so on.
Option 2: Creating Check Boxes for Printed Documents
If you want to create a printed document -such as a task list or survey- and want to add a checkbox to it, please follow the steps in this second option.
You don’t need to bother adding Ribbon tabs like the tutorial in option 1 above. Instead, you can create a simple bullet list and then change the bullet from the default symbol to a checkbox.
Here are the steps:
- On the “Home” tab, click the small arrow to the right of the “Bullet List” button in a Word document. Click the drop-down menu and select the “Define new bullet” command.
- In the “Define New Bullet” window, click the “Symbol” button.
- In the “Symbol” window, click the drop-down on the “Font” menu and select the “Wingdings 2” option.
- Next, you can browse through some of the available symbols to find an empty box symbol that looks like a checkbox. Or an easier way, you can directly type the number “163” into the “Character Code” box to select the check box automatically.
- After that, click the “OK” button to close the “Symbol” window, and click “OK” again to close the “Define New Bullet” window.
- Next, return to the MS Word document. Now, you can type your bullet list. A checkbox will also appear in place of the regular bullet symbol.
- Later, when you need the checkbox symbol again, you don’t have to go through that entire set of windows. Just click the little arrow to the right of the “Bullet List” button, and you will see a checkbox listed under the “Recently Used Bullets” section.
For the second option, this is only useful for documents you want to print. The checkbox symbol is not interactive, so you cannot check it in that Word document.
Well, that’s a tutorial on creating a checkbox in a Microsoft Word document that you can choose from the two options above. Follow the steps step by step, and hopefully, the tutorial above is helpful.
How to Make Letterhead in Microsoft Word
How to make a letterhead in Word correctly and neatly is actually easy, but surely there are still many of you who don’t know how to make it.
In an official letter, of course, there is a letterhead and there is always a line at the bottom right. Well, it turned out to be quite easy to make you know.
Apart from being the introduction to a letter, letterhead is also commonly used as a place to write the identity of the letter, such as the identity of the sender and recipient.
For those of you who want to know how to make it, here we explain in full the steps to make a letterhead in Word for you.
HOW TO MAKE LETTERHEAD IN WORD
You should know how to make a letterhead in Word this time, guys, especially when you want to send letters between agencies.
Although not all agencies use it, it doesn’t hurt you to try and find out how to make this letterhead, here are the steps!
- First, open your Word.
- Place the cursor at the back of the last word of the letterhead
- Then select the menu Borders – Borders and Shading.
- After the border menu appears, all you have to do is select the line you want on the menu with a sign like this.
Don’t rush to click Ok, because there’s one more thing you have to do to make it, guys. In the section below, remove it or set it like this to make the line only exist at the bottom, and then Ok.
Yeah, you have successfully drawn the line, Guys, it’s easy and fast, right, how to make a letterhead in Word?
You don’t need to be confused anymore about how to make it. For beginners, making letterhead or letterhead does sound quite difficult.
In fact, how to make a letterhead in Word is fairly easy as long as you already know the procedure. After all, the letterhead cannot be made casually because it is an official identity.
The letterhead contains the official identity of an institution, agency, or company. Well, you can create an official identity on the letterhead in Microsoft Word.
How to Create a Background in Microsoft Word
This way of making a background in Word aims to beautify the appearance of the document and make it more attractive Guys.
Usually, this is often found in the use of proposals, certificates, covers, and not infrequently in job applications.
With this function, how do you make it? It’s so easy. Yes, although there are several ways you can do this, you can follow this tutorial in full.
HOW TO MAKE A BACKGROUND IN WORD
This background function is very useful if you want to create a document that upholds the originality of Guys, for example, a thesis.
In addition to having to know how to create a table of contents in Microsoft Word, you may also need to know how to create a background in your thesis document, especially in showing the results of the tests you did.
How to make this background is also needed if you want to make an official letter from the agency. Besides needing to know how to make letterhead lines in Word, you also need to know how to add a background to the letter. Here’s how:
- The first thing you can do is change the color.
- Go to Design – Page Color – and immediately choose a color like this.
That is the easiest way and you can change the color according to your needs or tastes, guys. In addition to this method, you can also replace it with an image that you have.
The method is almost the same, guys, pay attention to the following rare:
- Go to the Design menu.
- Click Page Color.
- Select Fill Effects.
- Next, select the tab Picture – Select Picture – From a File.
- Then find the image you have and press Ok
- Finished! The background will change.
But, you also need to remember that both methods will not appear when you print either color or image.
To make it appear when printing, then you need to go to the File menu – Options – Display – and check the Print background colors and Image.
Well, after you go through these few steps, the background will change and also enter when you print, GRATZ!!! It’s easy to make a background in Word.
How to Create a Signature in Word
There are several ways to make a signature in Microsoft Word. And the method is really easy, just follow the steps below, guys!
Making a signature is really needed, especially in the digital era like now, right? Of course, you need a signature in your Word file, so from that our Team will provide this tutorial in detail.
Actually, you can also use a third application or additional devices such as pens that support your PC or laptop. But this is the easiest way without using other devices and applications Guys.
HOW TO CREATE A SIGNATURE IN WORD
You need to sign first, Guys on a piece of white paper. Make sure the paper is really white and the pen has colour ink that you can really see clearly.
This function is for later photos or files the resolution will be smaller Guys. Not only that, but the customized color saturation will also reduce the thickness of the pen color, you know.
So make sure you give a signature with a clear enough emphasis. Here’s how to create a signature in Word:
- Prepare a white paper with a signature on it. Photos using a smartphone or you can directly scan the signature through a scanner.
- You can reduce the resolution and crop it so that the photo focuses on the signature. For convenience, click the image file > Edit.
- On the Paint menu, you can resize to reduce the resolution. Choose 50 per cent resolution, fill Horizontal 50 and Vertical 50
- Hover over the exact position of the word you want to add a signature to. Click Insert > Picture > insert the previous signature image file.
- After you insert the image, reduce the size again using the cursor for more precision.
- Double click on the image.
- On the Format menu, select the Color > Recolor > Black and White 50 per cent submenu.
- if your signature is not clear, double click on the image, select menu Correction > Brightness 0 per cent (Normal) Contrast 40 per cent.
You can change the last two steps depending on the contrast and color saturation you want, guys. So you can at the same time adjust the thickness of your signature that has entered the word, so guys.
I also said what Guys, how easy it is to make a signature in Microsoft Word! The most important thing is to make sure your signature is clear enough, and the photos are of high enough quality. Obviously, so that later your signature looks good, it doesn’t break.
How to Solve WiFi Authentication Problem
SHARE More If you open WIFI at a school, cafe, airport, or hotel, you are usually asked to enter username...
How to Overcome the TikTok link on WhatsApp can’t be opened
SHARE More Are you a TikTok user who has experienced problems opening a link, especially on WhatsApp? If it is,...
How to Fix Spotify AI DJ Not Showing
SHARE More As a music streaming service, Spotify has revolutionized the way we listen to music. One of its most...
How to Overcome steam error code e84
SHARE More The steam error code e84 problem usually occurs when we are about to log into the Steam platform,...
How to Overcome Time synchronization failed on Windows
SHARE More Time synchronization failure is a problem that appears when Windows experiences a time synchronization failure or it could...
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook Messenger
SHARE More Facebook Messenger is a widely used messaging app that lets you stay connected with your friends and family....
How to Fix an LED TV That Has No Picture But Has Sound
SHARE More For those of you who are having problems with LED TVs where the picture doesn’t come out but...
How to Overcome Hotstar error mn-1002 on Android Devices
SHARE More The Hotstar error mn-1002 problem is a problem that occurs if you use the Hotstar application on a...
What is a Virtual Private Server
SHARE More In the world of web hosting, Virtual Private Server (VPS) has become a popular choice for website owners...
Instagram Marketing Strategy 2023
SHARE More Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 1 billion active monthly users. As...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones4 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones4 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech3 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News4 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers