How to Change WhatsApp Number Without Losing Chat
When you want to change your phone number, one of the things you worry about the most is losing your WhatsApp chats and contacts. But there’s no need to be afraid anymore because there is an easy way to change your phone number without losing your WhatsApp chat.
This feature is certainly very useful for all WhatsApp users, especially for those who go abroad and have to change their phone number but still want to save all chats.
This WhatsApp phone number change feature can be used on Android and iOS. This feature also applies to changing numbers on the same phone or to a new phone, but changing to a new phone is a bit complicated.
Before starting, there are several things that must be considered. First, make sure your new number is active and can receive calls or SMS.
Also, make sure your old number is currently registered on WhatsApp. The way to find out a phone number that is already registered on WhatsApp is to open the app then go to settings and tap on a profile photo.
Without further ado, here’s how to change your phone number on WhatsApp without losing chats:
- Insert a new SIM card into the phone
- Open the WhatsApp application on your phone then go to Settings > Account > Change number > Continue
- Enter the old phone number and the new phone number in the fields provided. Make sure the number entered is in full international format.
- Tap Next to move to the next step
- WhatsApp will ask if you want to notify your contacts of changing phone numbers. You can choose between three options namely ‘All contacts’, ‘Contacts in my chat list’, or ‘Custom. If you choose the ‘Custom’ option then you have to find or select the contact you want to be notified of, then tap the check mark
- Keep in mind that the group you are joining will be immediately notified about changing your phone number, regardless of your choice to notify the contact
- Once everything is in order, tap Done to complete the number changing process.
After that WhatsApp will ask you to verify the number you just registered. You will receive a six-digit code via SMS or telephone to complete the registration process. Once registered, your WhatsApp chats will still be available at the new phone number.
But to change a new number and a new cell phone, you have to take the extra step of making sure all chats and data are backed up on Google Drive or iCloud, depending on the phone you’re using.
Before moving your WhatsApp account to a new phone, you have to change the old number to a new number on the old phone using the method above. After that install WhatsApp on the new phone and register a new phone number. Follow the instructions to restore the backup and your WhatsApp account can be used as usual without any chats being lost.
How to Download and Send New Year’s WhatsApp Stickers 2023
New Year’s Eve is always a special moment. People around the world celebrate the new year in various ways, from following long-standing traditions in their respective countries to welcoming the new year 2023 with great fanfare in famous places and sharing WhatsApp messages.
So that sending WhatsApp messages is not boring, you can do this by sending stickers. One of them is by downloading the Sticker.ly application on the Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS).
How to send New Year’s WhatsApp Stickers 2023
- First, you have to download and install the Sticker.ly application from both the Google Play Store and the App store. Then log in using a Google account (Gmail) or Facebook.
- In the search field type “New Year 2023” or “New Year 2023”.
- Then lots of New Year 2023 stickers will appear, choose the one you like and add it to your WhatsApp.
- Your WhatsApp already has lots of New Year 2023 stickers.
How to Send WA Stickers
- Open the WhatsApp application and select the chat you want to send the sticker can be personal or group.
- Press the “Sign Add” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the “Sticker” icon.
- You will be taken to a screen that displays a list of stickers available on WhatsApp.
- Select the sticker you want to send by tapping on it.
- The sticker will automatically be sent to the chat you have selected.
How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Chats, Become a New Feature for WA
The latest WhatsApp feature has just been released, where users can restore chat messages that they have already deleted.
This can happen if you are in a hurry or accidentally delete a chat.
Now with this new WA feature, chat messages that you have deleted can be displayed again.
However, not all deleted WA chats can be recovered.
Users can only recover their own chat posts.
So this feature is only available in the “delete for me” or “Delete for Me” menu.
Then how to restore deleted WhatsApp chats?
How to recover deleted WhatsApp chats
- Open a chat on WhatsApp, and select the chat you want to delete
- Press and hold the chat you want to delete then click the trash icon in the upper right corner
- At the bottom will appear a pop up then click “Undo”
- Then the chat that you deleted will come back again in the chat room
To be able to enjoy this feature, you must update the application on the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
Be patient if the new feature still hasn’t appeared, because usually the presence of feature updates is done gradually.
How to Use Keyboard Shortcuts and New Lines on WhatsApp Web, To Type Faster
WhatsApp Web is widely used on laptops to chat faster and easier because it uses a keyboard.
However, even though it is often used daily, it turns out that many do not know how to create a new line of chat on WhatsApp Web.
To create a new line on WhatsApp on a cellphone, it’s very easy, just press Enter the WhatsApp button on the cellphone.
But for WhatsApp Web a little different.
When chatting on WhatsApp on your cellphone, to make sure that the Enter button doesn’t immediately send a message, you can check it in WhatsApp settings.
That is through the three dots in the upper right corner, then select Chat and turn off the checkmark in the Enter column.
Well, how to create a new line on WhatsApp Web? Apparently don’t just press Enter.
You do this by holding down the Shift key, then Enter to create a new line on WhatsApp Web.
So the chat is not sent, and the process of typing in the bottom row can be continued.
How to use WhatsApp Web keyboard shortcuts
Another way to be aware of this is to use WhatsApp Web keyboard shortcuts to reduce mouse-to-keyboard switching for typing.
Using keyboard key shortcuts can speed up typing, which are as follows:
Ctrl + Alt + Shift + U : Mark as unread
Ctrl + Alt + Shift + M : Mute
Ctrl + Alt + E : Archive chat
Ctrl + Alt + Backspace : Delete chat
Ctrl + Alt + Shift + P : Pin chat
Ctrl + Alt + / (slash) : Search
Ctrl + Alt + Shift + F : Search chat
Ctrl + Alt + N : New chat
Ctrl + Alt + Shift + N : New group
Ctrl + Alt + P : Profile and About
Ctrl + Alt + , (comma): Settings
How to Solve WiFi Authentication Problem
SHARE More If you open WIFI at a school, cafe, airport, or hotel, you are usually asked to enter username...
How to Overcome the TikTok link on WhatsApp can’t be opened
SHARE More Are you a TikTok user who has experienced problems opening a link, especially on WhatsApp? If it is,...
How to Fix Spotify AI DJ Not Showing
SHARE More As a music streaming service, Spotify has revolutionized the way we listen to music. One of its most...
How to Overcome steam error code e84
SHARE More The steam error code e84 problem usually occurs when we are about to log into the Steam platform,...
How to Overcome Time synchronization failed on Windows
SHARE More Time synchronization failure is a problem that appears when Windows experiences a time synchronization failure or it could...
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook Messenger
SHARE More Facebook Messenger is a widely used messaging app that lets you stay connected with your friends and family....
How to Fix an LED TV That Has No Picture But Has Sound
SHARE More For those of you who are having problems with LED TVs where the picture doesn’t come out but...
How to Overcome Hotstar error mn-1002 on Android Devices
SHARE More The Hotstar error mn-1002 problem is a problem that occurs if you use the Hotstar application on a...
What is a Virtual Private Server
SHARE More In the world of web hosting, Virtual Private Server (VPS) has become a popular choice for website owners...
Instagram Marketing Strategy 2023
SHARE More Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 1 billion active monthly users. As...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones4 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones4 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech3 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News4 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers