How to Download and Install AIMP Player on Ubuntu Linux Easily
Aimp for ubuntu : If you are a lover of the Aimp application for listening to music then read this tutorial where you will learn how to download and install AIMP player on Ubuntu Linux easily. In turn, we recommend Cantata, a useful program to listen to the radio in Linux.
How to Download and Install AIMP Player on Ubuntu Linux Easily
Natively the Aimp application is not available for Linux, even so, there are ways with which we can use the program. Either way, to use these methods, a series of steps must be followed.
It is very important that you keep in mind that for this process we will use WINE since Aimp is not available for Linux. For this reason, it is essential that you know how to configure WINE correctly on Linux.
The aforementioned process is very important since the Aimp music program will run through the WINE software. The truth, in most cases, the latest versions of Linux, already have Wine configured. In any case, if you have trouble installing apps, follow the advice mentioned above.
Download the Aimp application [Aimp Ubuntu]
The first thing to do is download the Aimp application, for this, it is necessary to go to its official website. Once you are there, it will be necessary to select the version for Windows, so press the newest one that appears.
After clicking on Aimp download, different ways to download the application will be shown. We recommend downloading it directly from the link to the official page, that is, select “Aimp”. After this process, wait for the application to download, which should not take more than a few minutes.
Install the Aimp application [Aimp Linux]
Double-click on the previously downloaded file, after which the installation should begin as normal. The screen will display the notice for selecting the language, select Spanish and click on “OK”.
After the previous step, the Aimp installation wizard will be displayed, now you just have to click on “Next”. Accept the terms and conditions displayed on the screen and proceed with the installation. Here there are two ways to install the program, one of them is the portable version, and the other is the normal one.
The portable version of Aimp can be run from anywhere you choose, even from a Pendrive. While the normal version installs the program like any other Windows (in this case WINE). Choose the version that suits you best and continue with the installation.
Once the installation is complete, you can use the program to listen to music on your computer. It should be noted that even though WINE performs excellently, there may be some compatibility issues. Given this, it would not hurt to consider an alternative to this fabulous program.
Audacious the alternative to Aimp on Linux [Aimp For Linux]
One of the first options that come to mind when we think of alternatives to Aimp, is Audacious. Audacious is an open-source music listening application that has all the options you may require. Without a doubt, it is a program for music lovers.
The application is developed specifically for Linux, so you can download it without any problem or compatibility failure. To access the download area for the app, head over to the Audacious website. Once there, download the appropriate version for Linux and proceed with the installation.
Please note that the program is also available for the Microsoft operating system (Windows). For this reason, if you have a Windows computer, you can also enjoy this great software that undoubtedly competes with Aimp.
2 Easy Ways to Format Flashdisk on Ubuntu Linux, which method do you choose?
Flash format is an activity that aims to empty the files stored in it. This method is done for various reasons, such as wanting to copy new files, removing viruses, and others.
Flash format in Linux is not much different from the flash format in Windows, and it’s just that there are various ways of formatting that you can do. Depending on your understanding of which one is easy, you can use your method.
In this discussion, I will use two of the most common and easy-to-use ways to format a flash drive on Linux, namely how to format a flash drive manually and via the Terminal. The Type of Linux that I use here is the desktop version of Ubuntu 16.04.
How to Format Flashdisk on Linux Ubuntu
( I. ) Format Flash Disk Manually
The one most often used by users is how to format the flash here manually I use. The steps are as follows.
1. Open your file explorer or directory. Click on the flash drive that you want to format to see if your flash drive is legible, what it contains, and are you sure you want to format it.
2. After that, right-click on your flash device, as shown in the picture—Click Format to empty your flash.
3. Next, there are options ( Erase, Type, and Format ) that you can adjust to your needs on this Volume Format. You can follow the default options as shown in the picture.
- I select ‘ Don’t overwrite existing data (Quick )’ in the Erase section. This option makes the formatting process faster.
- I choose the FAT format for Type here, but you can select another such as NTFS.
- Then, write a new name for your flash device in the Name field.
- Next, click the Format button.
4. After that, a confirmation will appear again to make sure you do the correct format of the flash. At this stage, the Type of your flash device will be displayed as indicated by the arrow in the image. The flash that I formatted is branded HP and has a capacity of 16GB. Click the Format button to start the flash format process.
5. Format your flash drive has been successful. You can check it by re-opening your flash directory and seeing that the flash drive is empty.
( II. ) Format the flash drive via Terminal.
In addition to manually, you can format the flash via the Terminal. How to? Follow these steps.
1. First, you can check the contents of your flash drive first to make sure you format it. Here, the name of my flash is My FD.
2. Open your Terminal. You can use the shortcut by pressing the keyboard’s Ctrl + Alt + T keys. Type the command:
sudo fdisk -l
The above command aims to find out the address of your flash drive. In the command, use the word sudo, where the Terminal will ask for your password input first. Enter your password; then, the Terminal will display the specifications of the device installed on your computer.
The device that is connected is the flash that we will format. You can ensure the device is your flash drive by observing its size. The example image above says 15.1 G, which means that the flash that I will format is filled with 15.1 GB. Then, remember the address. The address is listed in the Device column, wherein the image above it says /dev/sdb1.
3. Next, use the flash address we know earlier to run the umount command. This command aims to release the flash that is currently associated. You can see the related flash disk in the file explorer, wherein the flash name has an arrow button, as shown below.
Use the command below to remove your pen drive.
sudo umount /dev/sdb1
4. Next, you can type a command like the one below to format the flash drive.
sudo mkfs.vfat /dev/sdb1
There is the word ‘ vfat ‘ in the command where FAT states the flash format after formatting. You can replace it with NTFS, hfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, and others according to your needs.
5. Finally, your flash is successfully formatted. To check, please open your file explorer and prove your flash drive is empty.
Before formatting the flash drive, make sure there are no important files that will be deleted. Back up your precious data if you are worried about losing your files. That’s how to format the flash on Linux Ubuntu easily. Give your feedback in the comments column below. Thank you.
How to Install Microsoft Teams on Linux
For those who don’t know, Microsoft Teams is now available as a Multi-Platform application on almost all operating systems, be it Windows, Mac, Linux, Android or iOS.
Now about this, we will summarize the short steps on how to Install Microsoft Teams on Linux. As usual, here, I will use Elementary OS as my mainstay Linux OS.
Here are the short steps.
Step 1. First, please open the Microsoft Teams site.
Step 2. Please download the Installer file from Microsoft Teams; please adjust it to the Linux distro you have, DEB for Ubuntu, Debian and all their descendants, and RPM for Fedora, CentOS and all their siblings.
Step 3. After the file is downloaded, please open the file, and if your Linux already has an app installer, the steps will be easier because we click install.
But if it doesn’t exist, we can use the classic steps by using Terminal. Open Terminal > Go to Directory Download > Then type the following command:
sudo dpkg -i <namafileinstaller>
Exactly as in the picture above, after typing the command, you need to enter your root password, and then the installation will run until the Microsoft Teams application is installed.
Well, please try, guys; it’s easy, isn’t it? I hope this article is useful.
GParted, Partition Management Application for Linux Operating System
Have you ever heard of GParted? This name may still sound less familiar to your ears, especially for those who use the Windows operating system because GParted is intended for Linux users.
Although it sounds less familiar, this application is quite a lot of people who use it. One of the reasons is because GParted offers ease of operation. Even people new to using it tend not to experience complicated problems even though it is the first time they try it.
What Are the Features of GParted?
GParted is an application that can run on both x86 and x64 computers with operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, and Linux with a minimum RAM size of 256 MB. From these specifications, we can know that this application is light because it only requires a RAM capacity of only 256 MB.
Some of the features that make GParted one we recommend include:
- Create or delete partitions
- Format partition
- Resize partition
- Mounting and unmounting partitions _
- Checking storage conditions
- Enable and disable Swap (this feature can be used on devices with Linux OS)
- New UUID
- and others
You can use all of these features according to your needs. Using the features in GParted is not too difficult because the instructions are clear. Also, because GParted is GUI, it makes the instructions easy to understand.
How to Use GParted
- As usual, you download the GParted application.
- There will be an ISO file; then, you burn the file.
- Restart the computer and make sure that the boot CD-ROM is in the first place
- GParted is ready for you to use
- You can click Resize or Move if you want to adjust the size of the hard disk.
- You drag across the partition towards the left. Don’t forget to pay attention to the words New Size to create a new size and Free Space Following, the new partition you are using.
- Then you press the Resize or Move button to start this process
- You click the new partition in the Filesystem section. Then select ext3 and label ‘/.”
- Click the Add button, then apply to begin the partition change process.
- Restart the computer and see the size of the partition on the hard drive now
- Don’t forget to backup your data first before using GParted.
For your information, several versions of the Linux operating system that can use GParted include Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, and Open Suse. GParted stands for Gnome Partition Editor, an application with a GUI or Graphic User Interface.
This application is used for storage management, namely SSD or hard disk. Functions of GParted as found in the Partition Wizard in DLC Boot for Windows OS. At the beginning of its creation, this application was intended for Linux OS.
However, now you can download GParted and use it for Windows OS. By using this application, you can edit, resize, or create or delete partitions on the storage media on your computer or laptop.
How To Secure Your Wi-fi Devices Step By Step
SHARE More Securing your Wi-Fi devices is crucial to protect your personal and financial information from hackers and cybercriminals. Here...
What is CPU Cache?
SHARE More Have you ever heard the term CPU Cache on your computer device? if so, in this article we...
How To Overcome Printer Not Responding
SHARE More Why can it appear Printer not responding? even though your printer looks active and properly connected to your...
How to Improve the Security of Your Home Network Easy
SHARE More Securing your home network is essential to protect your personal information and devices from cyber threats like hacking,...
How to hide contacts and text messages on Android phone – step by step
SHARE More Have you ever wondered how to hide your contacts and messages on Android quickly? Also, do you want...
How to Overcome Checksum Error Winrar
SHARE More The WinRAR checksum error is a problem that appears when you try to extract files with WinRAR. This...
How to Download and Send New Year’s WhatsApp Stickers 2023
SHARE More New Year’s Eve is always a special moment. People around the world celebrate the new year in various...
How To Learn To Code For Free Online
SHARE More There are many resources available online that allow you to learn to code for free. Here are a...
How To Restore Permanently lost Files in Windows
SHARE More There are a few methods you can try to restore permanently lost files in Windows: Check the Recycle...
What is Confidential Data?
SHARE More Confidential data is personal data, trade secret data, business data, and other personal data that is protected from...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones3 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones3 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech3 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News4 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers