How to Group or Ungroup Files in Stack on My Mac Desktop
Mac is one of the most sophisticated systems and desired by millions of people, its unique system allows its users to enjoy privileges and benefits that they can only obtain if they use said system. If you are a new Mac user and want to learn how to use the system correctly or log in automatically, today is your lucky day.
We have prepared an article where we will show you the ways to organize your files on the Mac desktop, in addition, we will show you useful tips and shortcuts that will help you keep all your files organized and within reach.
Organize your files on the Mac desktop
You have surely noticed that the desktop occupies a large part of your screen and is the shortcut in which almost all the work is done. It is normal for you to save your files there. You can save file folders, documents, and even aliases to your desktop. To better organize these files we will show you step by step the best way to do it.
The desktop that Mac provides allows you to organize your files in different ways. You can classify your files by names, date they were added, types, labels, and sizes. In order to do this, you must follow two simple steps:
- Click on the desktop and select the “View” option.
- Then go to the ” Sort by ” option and choose how to sort your files on your Mac desktop.
Another method that you can apply perfectly to make the desktop of your Mac computer look more orderly and elegant is to hide the icons and some folders on your desktop.
How to group items on the desktop
To quickly group items on the Mac desktop, the first thing you should do is select all the items you want to group, then press ” Control + click ” on one of the items and select the option ” New folder with selection .” Unfortunately, you will not be able to group the locked items.
Use stacks to organize your files
Stacks are a great option to keep your files organized on your desktop. It allows you to section your files. Mac, allows you to group your stacks to have a better order. To do so, you just have to drag the files and drop them in the created folders. Even if you split your stacks by names, every time you save a related file it will be saved directly to the stack with that name.
How to resize and space icons on your Mac desktop
If you have a lot of files on your desktop and you don’t want to group folders, one way to get more space is by resizing the icons for your files on your desktop. Still don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry, following these steps you can do it quickly:
- The first thing you should do is click on the desktop and select the ” View ” option.
- Then select ” Show Display Options ” and use the controls that will appear to change the size of the icons on the desktop.
An easier way to change the icons on your Mac desktop or directly press « Control + click » on the desktop and select ” Show display options “.
Organize your stacks in the Dock
Stacks in the Dock are an excellent shortcut when selecting your search engines and applications in even your favorite files if you want to learn how to organize the Dock or insert a stack into them. To carry out this configuration you just have to follow two steps:
- Select the file, folder, or app that you want to put in the Dock.
- Drag it to the desired location in the Dock and release.
Your stack of files will automatically be inserted so that you can access them more easily from the Dock. If you want to change the look of the folder or file, press Control + the file you want and sorting options will appear.
Then select the desired one and choose if it will be visible in the Dock (you can also modify the appearance of a file without it appearing in the Dock ). We hope you found this content useful and you already know how to better organize and customize your Mac.
How to find Mac
Just as you can lose your iPhone or iPad, you may either forget your computer or it may be stolen. This is why it is necessary that you have the Find My poppy option configured, because that way, in case it happens, you will be able to find it in a few simple steps. In this post, we will tell you how to configure it.
In case of loss or theft, you can find your computer in a few minutes, you must have the Find My Mac option enabled. As with other Apple devices such as the iPhone or iPad, this option allows you to find your device through any other. It works just like any other Apple device, and it can be very useful if you are someone who goes everywhere with your computer or if you are a little absent and can lose or forget it anywhere.
What is Find My Mac for?
As we have said before, this option is used so that you can find your computer if it is stolen or lost. It is true that it is difficult to lose a laptop, but you can forget it somewhere, inside a backpack or bag. Therefore, it is important to always have this option enabled. It makes no major changes to how your Mac works, so you have no excuse for not activating it.
You probably already know how this system works on an iPhone since at some point we all had to look for a mobile, either ours or a friend or acquaintance. On Mac it works pretty much the same, you just need to activate it and with your iCloud account, you will be able to find it.
Procedure to configure it
- On the Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud. If you are prompted to sign in, enter your Apple ID or, if you do not have one, click Create New Apple ID and follow the instructions.
- Select Find My Mac. If you are prompted to confirm that Find My Mac is using the location of your Mac, click Allow.
- If a Details button appears next to Find My Mac, click the button, select “Open Security & Privacy,” and then select “Turn on-location services.”
- The Details button appears if location services are turned off in the security and privacy settings.
- If “Turn on location services” is dimmed in “Security and privacy”, click on the lock icon and enter the name and password of a computer administrator.
- For added security, make sure all user accounts have strong passwords and automatic login is turned off in the settings for users and groups.
- For instructions, see Changing the Mac Login Password. To open the Users and Groups settings, choose Apple menu> System Preferences, and then click Users And Groups.
So you can find it
When you need to locate and protect your missing Mac, do one of the following:
- Use another computer: Go to icloud.com/find to use the Find My iPhone app on iCloud.com. Use a Mac or Windows browser that meets iCloud system requirements.
- Use an iOS device – Use the Find My iPhone app.
- For more information, tap Help in the Find My iPhone app.
With the Find My iPhone app on iCloud.com or on an iOS device, you can:
- Find your Mac on a map: See the approximate location of your Mac when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Play a sound with your Mac: If you think you’ve lost your Mac somewhere nearby, you can have it play a sound to help you find it. This option is most commonly used on smaller Apple devices, such as the Apple Watch.
- Lock your Mac: If you can’t find your Mac, you can lock it with a password so no one else can use it. This may be the first step to follow if you suspect it may have been stolen or if you do not want anyone to know the information you have stored.
- Wipe poppy – Remotely wipe everything on your Mac and lock it with a password so no one else can use it.
- Before deleting your Mac, try to find it on a map and make it play a sound. After removing it, you will not be able to use Find My iPhone for these processes. However, you can see the location where you were last connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Note that if your Mac is turned off or disconnected when you try to do any of the above, the actions will occur the next time your computer connects to the Internet. For this reason, you need to make sure it has an internet connection because if you try to look for it and it does not have it, it will not help and you will have to look at the app all day long.
If you cannot find your Mac or have not configured Find My
Find My Mac is the only Apple service that can help you track down or locate a missing Mac. If you have not set up Find My Mac before losing it, or if you cannot find it, these steps can help you protect your data:
- Change your Apple ID password to prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (like iMessage or iTunes) from your Mac.
- Change the password for other accounts you use with your Mac, such as email, banking and social networking accounts like Facebook or Twitter.
- Report your Mac lost or stolen to the police. You may be asked to enter your computer’s serial number. You can find this information on the original box or receipt you received when you purchased your Mac.
- Another option you can do is to search websites for buying and selling used products. This would not be the first time a user has recovered their stolen device thanks to this type of portal.
How to take a screenshot on my Mac computer What ways are there?
Having a form or tool that allows you to take screenshots on your Mac computer is of the utmost importance since nowadays images are a fundamental part of everyday life.
Therefore, if you have a tool that allows you to take screenshots, you will be able to save for posterity any type of information that is shown on the display of your Mac computer.
With this in mind, we will show you the ways that exist and that you have at your fingertips to take a screenshot on your Mac computer quickly and easily.
Ways to take a screenshot on my Mac computer
Screenshots or screenshots are one of the most useful tools to save any window that is open on your Mac computer in image format. Therefore, it is essential to know the different ways you can take a screenshot on your Mac PC.
Take a screenshot on Mac from the keyboard
One of the easiest ways to take a screenshot on your Mac computer is through the commands available for this purpose on the computer keyboard.
Therefore, in case you want to automatically save the screenshot, you must simultaneously press the Shift + Command + 3 keys to take a complete screenshot of the window in which you are. In case you prefer that the capture is saved in the clipboard of your computer, you have to press the keys Shift + Control + Command + 3.
On the other hand, if you want to get a screenshot of a certain area of a window on your Mac, you must press Shift + Command + 4 on your keyboard. When you do this, a cross will appear that will allow you to select the screen area you want to capture. You must hold down the space bar while making the selection. To finish, you will only have to release the mouse button.
Take a screenshot on Mac instantly
While having combinations or shortcuts on the Mac keyboard to take screenshots is a useful tool, sometimes it can be tedious for some to have to memorize these commands. In this case, you can integrate a program on your computer that allows you to take screenshots, or use those that are already integrated into your Mac.
Such is the case of Grab or Snapshot, which is a program that is previously integrated into Mac OS computers of any version. To enter this program you must open the ‘Finder’ and then ‘Applications’. Now, in the ‘Utilities’ folder, you must locate and select the Grab / Snapshot program.
Once there, to take a screenshot of any window on your Mac, you must select the ‘Capture’ option that is displayed in the program menu. In this way, a series of options will be shown so that you can choose one of your preferences when capturing the view of your screen.
Where are the screenshots saved on my Mac computer?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions by those who take screenshots on a Mac computer. Well, once it has been taken, no indication is shown of where the image file produced has been located to find it later.
Therefore, once you have taken the screen capture on your Mac computer, whatever method you have preferred to use, it will be automatically saved in your PC’s storage. You can find all the screenshots taken on your Mac desktop.
Likewise, these screenshots have in their filename the exact time and date when they were taken. Also, the screenshots you take on your Mac computer will be a PNG image file.
On the other hand, we recommend that you group the files on your Mac desktop in a stack, so that it is easier to locate the screenshots you have taken. Keep in mind that if you take captures on a regular basis it is likely that your desktop will fill up regularly.
The MacBook Pro 2021 gets a redesigned MagSafe. We know the details
The MacBook Pro 2021 gets a redesigned MagSafe
In recent weeks, there have been several reports discussing the upcoming 14 ″ and 16 ″ MacBook Pro for 2021. The main author is a respected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo ( accuracy 78.2% ), who claims that the devices will get a sophisticated charging system MagSafe.
Apple returned to its famous connector in 2020, when it introduced its “own” version for the iPhone 12. Apparently, after five years, it will reappear in the MacBook Pro, where we can expect better capabilities than ever before.
The analyst believes that the design of MagSafe will be similar to its latest version, offered until 2016 (for MacBook Pro). However, the connector will provide a faster-charging speed than USB-C, through which we replenish power today.
Interestingly, charging via USB-C is likely to be retained as another alternative. So if you do not have a classic charger for Mac, but only a cable with a USB-C connector, there will be no problem.
Write to us in the comment what your opinion is on MagSafe and whether you will welcome its “rebirth” or you will find it useless. We have liked it very much in the past, but we objectively add that charging via USB-C is not completely pointless. There seems to be something different for everyone.
Elon Will Create His Own Smartphone to Fight Apple and Google if Twitter is Deleted
SHARE More Twitter’s new ruler Elon Musk will build his own smartphone to take on Google and Apple if his...
Xiaomi 14 Pro – price, specification, and what we know before the premiere
SHARE More Xiaomi 14 Pro is the upcoming flagship of the Chinese brand. The phone has been the subject of...
Oppo Reno 9 Pro Plus without secrets – price and technical specification
SHARE More Oppo Reno 9 Pro Plus is the upcoming flagship of the Chinese brand. The device has a large...
Xiaomi 13 design leaks, how does it look like the iPhone 14 Pro?
SHARE More Xiaomi 13 is expected to be launched sometime this month. The Chinese company has not officially announced the...
A Chinese YouTuber Modifies iPhone into a Folding Screen Phone
SHARE More Currently, folding phones are becoming a trend that is being loved by a number of smartphone manufacturers in...
Congratulations, Samsung Wins Award as Best Company of 2022
SHARE More A multinational electronics company headquartered in Yeongtong District, Suwon, South Korea, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd has won the...
How to See Neighbor’s WiFi Password via the Wifimap Application
SHARE More ConnectivityWiFi In the digital era, it is very necessary to access the internet more quickly and unlimitedly. Currently,...
How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Chats, Become a New Feature for WA
SHARE More The latest WhatsApp feature has just been released, where users can restore chat messages that they have already...
How to Use Keyboard Shortcuts and New Lines on WhatsApp Web, To Type Faster
SHARE More WhatsApp Web is widely used on laptops to chat faster and easier because it uses a keyboard. However,...
Reminder: There’s Nvidia Bug in Windows 11 22H2, User Recommended Driver Update!
SHARE More A few days ago there were quite a number of problems reported by Nvidia users, where the GPU...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones3 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones3 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech3 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News3 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers