How to install Neofetch on Linux Ubuntu to know the system information
We often want to know in detail the characteristics of our computer, be it laptop or desktop, such as what operating system we are using. For this, we can use a program that helps us discover the details of the system we have, and that is practical for you. So in this article, we will teach you how to install Neofetch in Linux Ubuntu to know the system information of your computer.
What is Neofetch?
Neofetch is a CLI system information program written in BASH, it displays information about the system together with an image. Its main purpose is to use the screenshot medium to show other users the version of the operating system that is running.
This program is fully customizable by virtue of the use of flags in the command line or user configuration file. A key factor is that there are more than 50 options to customize this application, it even brings with it the print_info function allowing you to add your own personalized information.
What is Neofetch compatible with?
This program is adaptable or compatible with different computers and versions of operating systems, being a great tool for your PC.
These are the systems that Neofetch is compatible with, but we will focus on how you can install it to find out the information about your Linux operating system.
Install Neofetch on your Linux operating system
For those who are Ubuntu users or someone associated with this type of scheme, you must add the application file. To add this file you will have to use and open the terminal by pressing (Ctrl + Alt + T) and execute the following commands:
- sudo add-apt-repository.
- PPA: dawidd0811 / neofetch.
Update the Linux file and package registry with the following command that you will use in the terminal you opened in Linux, please do so verbatim.
- sudo apt update.
Now you must install the program using the following command so that it is placed on the Linux system and you can start using it.
- sudo apt install neofetch.
If you are a Debian 9 user or a secondary system based on it, you can install Neofetch, using the terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T) and the following commands:
- sudo apt-get install neofetch.
For those who use Fedora, RHEL, CentOS, Mageia, or its secondary ones, you must install it using the terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T) and the following command.
- sudo DNF-plugins-core.
You will then carry out the following commands to enable the COPR repository on the system, please type the commands carefully.
- sudo DNF copr enable konimex / neofetch.
Finally, it will install the program or application on the system, using this other command in the terminal, and which must be written exactly.
- sudo dnf installs neofetch.
If you are a Solus user, install this program using the terminal with the following command, and in this way enjoy the functions of Neofetch.
- sudo eopkg it neofetch.
Later, those who use Alpine Linux will be able to install the program or application with the next command to be described below:
- apk add neofetch.
Finally, anyone who uses Arch Linux, Manjaro, Antergos or secondaries to the system supported by Arch Linux, can install it in the following way.
- sudo pacman -S neofetch.
This is the procedure that you must carry out in order to use the Neofetch application on your computer with the Linux operating system and its derivatives.
How to use Neofetch?
Once you have completed the installation, you can start the program by executing the following command in the terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T):
This will display the existing information on the equipment, such as the operation of the operating system that we are using on the computer. The Neofetch application will establish a pre-programmed configuration file in the path $ HOME / .confg / neofetch / config.conf in this first execution.
This file contains options to monitor all aspects of the output of the information that will be shown on the screen when executing the command.
As you could see, the installation of Neofetch will allow you to know the system information of your Ubuntu Linux computer in an easy way. We hope this article helps you to share it, also on miracomosehace.com you can find more Linux content if you need it.
2 Easy Ways to Format Flashdisk on Ubuntu Linux, which method do you choose?
Flash format is an activity that aims to empty the files stored in it. This method is done for various reasons, such as wanting to copy new files, removing viruses, and others.
Flash format in Linux is not much different from the flash format in Windows, and it’s just that there are various ways of formatting that you can do. Depending on your understanding of which one is easy, you can use your method.
In this discussion, I will use two of the most common and easy-to-use ways to format a flash drive on Linux, namely how to format a flash drive manually and via the Terminal. The Type of Linux that I use here is the desktop version of Ubuntu 16.04.
How to Format Flashdisk on Linux Ubuntu
( I. ) Format Flash Disk Manually
The one most often used by users is how to format the flash here manually I use. The steps are as follows.
1. Open your file explorer or directory. Click on the flash drive that you want to format to see if your flash drive is legible, what it contains, and are you sure you want to format it.
2. After that, right-click on your flash device, as shown in the picture—Click Format to empty your flash.
3. Next, there are options ( Erase, Type, and Format ) that you can adjust to your needs on this Volume Format. You can follow the default options as shown in the picture.
- I select ‘ Don’t overwrite existing data (Quick )’ in the Erase section. This option makes the formatting process faster.
- I choose the FAT format for Type here, but you can select another such as NTFS.
- Then, write a new name for your flash device in the Name field.
- Next, click the Format button.
4. After that, a confirmation will appear again to make sure you do the correct format of the flash. At this stage, the Type of your flash device will be displayed as indicated by the arrow in the image. The flash that I formatted is branded HP and has a capacity of 16GB. Click the Format button to start the flash format process.
5. Format your flash drive has been successful. You can check it by re-opening your flash directory and seeing that the flash drive is empty.
( II. ) Format the flash drive via Terminal.
In addition to manually, you can format the flash via the Terminal. How to? Follow these steps.
1. First, you can check the contents of your flash drive first to make sure you format it. Here, the name of my flash is My FD.
2. Open your Terminal. You can use the shortcut by pressing the keyboard’s Ctrl + Alt + T keys. Type the command:
sudo fdisk -l
The above command aims to find out the address of your flash drive. In the command, use the word sudo, where the Terminal will ask for your password input first. Enter your password; then, the Terminal will display the specifications of the device installed on your computer.
The device that is connected is the flash that we will format. You can ensure the device is your flash drive by observing its size. The example image above says 15.1 G, which means that the flash that I will format is filled with 15.1 GB. Then, remember the address. The address is listed in the Device column, wherein the image above it says /dev/sdb1.
3. Next, use the flash address we know earlier to run the umount command. This command aims to release the flash that is currently associated. You can see the related flash disk in the file explorer, wherein the flash name has an arrow button, as shown below.
Use the command below to remove your pen drive.
sudo umount /dev/sdb1
4. Next, you can type a command like the one below to format the flash drive.
sudo mkfs.vfat /dev/sdb1
There is the word ‘ vfat ‘ in the command where FAT states the flash format after formatting. You can replace it with NTFS, hfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, and others according to your needs.
5. Finally, your flash is successfully formatted. To check, please open your file explorer and prove your flash drive is empty.
Before formatting the flash drive, make sure there are no important files that will be deleted. Back up your precious data if you are worried about losing your files. That’s how to format the flash on Linux Ubuntu easily. Give your feedback in the comments column below. Thank you.
How to Install Microsoft Teams on Linux
For those who don’t know, Microsoft Teams is now available as a Multi-Platform application on almost all operating systems, be it Windows, Mac, Linux, Android or iOS.
Now about this, we will summarize the short steps on how to Install Microsoft Teams on Linux. As usual, here, I will use Elementary OS as my mainstay Linux OS.
Here are the short steps.
Step 1. First, please open the Microsoft Teams site.
Step 2. Please download the Installer file from Microsoft Teams; please adjust it to the Linux distro you have, DEB for Ubuntu, Debian and all their descendants, and RPM for Fedora, CentOS and all their siblings.
Step 3. After the file is downloaded, please open the file, and if your Linux already has an app installer, the steps will be easier because we click install.
But if it doesn’t exist, we can use the classic steps by using Terminal. Open Terminal > Go to Directory Download > Then type the following command:
sudo dpkg -i <namafileinstaller>
Exactly as in the picture above, after typing the command, you need to enter your root password, and then the installation will run until the Microsoft Teams application is installed.
Well, please try, guys; it’s easy, isn’t it? I hope this article is useful.
GParted, Partition Management Application for Linux Operating System
Have you ever heard of GParted? This name may still sound less familiar to your ears, especially for those who use the Windows operating system because GParted is intended for Linux users.
Although it sounds less familiar, this application is quite a lot of people who use it. One of the reasons is because GParted offers ease of operation. Even people new to using it tend not to experience complicated problems even though it is the first time they try it.
What Are the Features of GParted?
GParted is an application that can run on both x86 and x64 computers with operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, and Linux with a minimum RAM size of 256 MB. From these specifications, we can know that this application is light because it only requires a RAM capacity of only 256 MB.
Some of the features that make GParted one we recommend include:
- Create or delete partitions
- Format partition
- Resize partition
- Mounting and unmounting partitions _
- Checking storage conditions
- Enable and disable Swap (this feature can be used on devices with Linux OS)
- New UUID
- and others
You can use all of these features according to your needs. Using the features in GParted is not too difficult because the instructions are clear. Also, because GParted is GUI, it makes the instructions easy to understand.
How to Use GParted
- As usual, you download the GParted application.
- There will be an ISO file; then, you burn the file.
- Restart the computer and make sure that the boot CD-ROM is in the first place
- GParted is ready for you to use
- You can click Resize or Move if you want to adjust the size of the hard disk.
- You drag across the partition towards the left. Don’t forget to pay attention to the words New Size to create a new size and Free Space Following, the new partition you are using.
- Then you press the Resize or Move button to start this process
- You click the new partition in the Filesystem section. Then select ext3 and label ‘/.”
- Click the Add button, then apply to begin the partition change process.
- Restart the computer and see the size of the partition on the hard drive now
- Don’t forget to backup your data first before using GParted.
For your information, several versions of the Linux operating system that can use GParted include Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, and Open Suse. GParted stands for Gnome Partition Editor, an application with a GUI or Graphic User Interface.
This application is used for storage management, namely SSD or hard disk. Functions of GParted as found in the Partition Wizard in DLC Boot for Windows OS. At the beginning of its creation, this application was intended for Linux OS.
However, now you can download GParted and use it for Windows OS. By using this application, you can edit, resize, or create or delete partitions on the storage media on your computer or laptop.
How to Solve WiFi Authentication Problem
SHARE More If you open WIFI at a school, cafe, airport, or hotel, you are usually asked to enter username...
How to Overcome the TikTok link on WhatsApp can’t be opened
SHARE More Are you a TikTok user who has experienced problems opening a link, especially on WhatsApp? If it is,...
How to Fix Spotify AI DJ Not Showing
SHARE More As a music streaming service, Spotify has revolutionized the way we listen to music. One of its most...
How to Overcome steam error code e84
SHARE More The steam error code e84 problem usually occurs when we are about to log into the Steam platform,...
How to Overcome Time synchronization failed on Windows
SHARE More Time synchronization failure is a problem that appears when Windows experiences a time synchronization failure or it could...
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook Messenger
SHARE More Facebook Messenger is a widely used messaging app that lets you stay connected with your friends and family....
How to Fix an LED TV That Has No Picture But Has Sound
SHARE More For those of you who are having problems with LED TVs where the picture doesn’t come out but...
How to Overcome Hotstar error mn-1002 on Android Devices
SHARE More The Hotstar error mn-1002 problem is a problem that occurs if you use the Hotstar application on a...
What is a Virtual Private Server
SHARE More In the world of web hosting, Virtual Private Server (VPS) has become a popular choice for website owners...
Instagram Marketing Strategy 2023
SHARE More Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 1 billion active monthly users. As...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones4 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones4 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech3 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News4 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers