How to Make a Mail Merge in Microsoft Word 2016
Ever know what a Mail Merge is? Well, launching from Google Sites, mail merge is a tool that allows users to easily create several types of letters, labels, envelopes, name tags, and more.
These types of letters will later be created using information stored in spreadsheets or document databases.
Then, how to make a Mail Merge? It’s easy. But most importantly, you need a Word document (be it a pre-existing or a new one) as well as a list of Mail Merge recipients.
HOW TO MAKE A MAIL MERGE IN MS WORD
With Mail Merge, it will be very helpful for you to create a letter with the same content for different recipients in a short time.
In addition to letters, Mail Merge can also be used to create certificates, labels, and envelopes. There are 2 types of documents that are commonly used in creating a mail merge, namely:
- Master Document, the main document whose content is the same for all recipients.
- Data Source, which is a document whose contents are specific to each recipient, for example, the name and address of the recipient. Usually, the source data can be in the form of data in Excel Access, Contact in Outlook and so on.
In this article, we will explain a tutorial on using Mail Merge in Microsoft Word. What are the stages? Immediately see the following reviews:
- Open an existing Word document, or create a new one.
- From the Mailings tab, click the Start Mail Merge command and select Step-by-Step Mail Merge Wizard from the drop-down menu.
The Mail Merge pane will appear and guide you through the 6 main steps to complete the merge. The following example shows how to create a form and combine it with a recipient list:
From the Mail Merge window on the right side of the Word window, select the type of document you want to create. For example, select Letters. Then click Next: Starting document.
Select Use the current document, then click Next: Select recipients to move to Step 3.
Now you need a list of addresses so that Word can automatically place each address into the document. The list can be in an existing file, such as an Excel workbook, or you can type a new address list from within the Mail Merge Wizard.
Select Use an existing list, then click Browse to select a file. Find your Microsoft Word file, then click Open.
If the address list is in an Excel workbook, select the worksheet that contains the list, then click OK.
In the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, you can check or uncheck each box to control which recipients will be merged. By default, all recipients must be selected. When finished, click Close.
Then click Next: Write your letter. If you don’t have an existing address list, you can click the Type a new list button and click Create, then type your address list manually.
Now you are ready to write a letter (mail merge). When it was printed, each copy of the letter was essentially the same. Only the recipient data (such as name and address) is different.
Therefore, you must add a placeholder for the recipient data so that Mail Merge knows exactly where to add the data.
To insert recipient data:
- Place the insertion point in the document where you want the information to appear.
- Select one of the placeholder options. For example, select Address block.
- A dialog box will appear with various options according to taste. Select the desired option, then click OK.
- A placeholder will appear in your document.
- Add any other desired placeholders. For example, adding a Greeting line placeholder, above the body of the letter.
- Once done, click Next: Preview your letters. For some letters, you only need to add an Address block and Greeting line. But you can also add more placeholders (such as recipients names or addresses) in the body of the letter.
- Preview the letter to make sure the information from the recipient list appears correctly in the letter. You can use the left and right scroll arrows to view each version of the document.
- If everything is correct, click Next: Complete the merge.
- Click Print to print the letter.
- A dialog box will appear. Decide whether you want to print all letters, current documents (records) or only certain types of letters.
- Then click OK.
- The Print dialog box will appear. Change the print settings if needed, then click OK. Letters will also be printed.
Well, that was the tutorial on how to use Mail Merge and how to create a Mail Merge in Microsoft Word, summarized by us from various sources.
Hopefully, the tutorial above is useful, Goodguys!
How to Make Letterhead in Microsoft Word
How to make a letterhead in Word correctly and neatly is actually easy, but surely there are still many of you who don’t know how to make it.
In an official letter, of course, there is a letterhead and there is always a line at the bottom right. Well, it turned out to be quite easy to make you know.
Apart from being the introduction to a letter, letterhead is also commonly used as a place to write the identity of the letter, such as the identity of the sender and recipient.
For those of you who want to know how to make it, here we explain in full the steps to make a letterhead in Word for you.
HOW TO MAKE LETTERHEAD IN WORD
You should know how to make a letterhead in Word this time, guys, especially when you want to send letters between agencies.
Although not all agencies use it, it doesn’t hurt you to try and find out how to make this letterhead, here are the steps!
- First, open your Word.
- Place the cursor at the back of the last word of the letterhead
- Then select the menu Borders – Borders and Shading.
- After the border menu appears, all you have to do is select the line you want on the menu with a sign like this.
Don’t rush to click Ok, because there’s one more thing you have to do to make it, guys. In the section below, remove it or set it like this to make the line only exist at the bottom, and then Ok.
Yeah, you have successfully drawn the line, Guys, it’s easy and fast, right, how to make a letterhead in Word?
You don’t need to be confused anymore about how to make it. For beginners, making letterhead or letterhead does sound quite difficult.
In fact, how to make a letterhead in Word is fairly easy as long as you already know the procedure. After all, the letterhead cannot be made casually because it is an official identity.
The letterhead contains the official identity of an institution, agency, or company. Well, you can create an official identity on the letterhead in Microsoft Word.
How to Create a Background in Microsoft Word
This way of making a background in Word aims to beautify the appearance of the document and make it more attractive Guys.
Usually, this is often found in the use of proposals, certificates, covers, and not infrequently in job applications.
With this function, how do you make it? It’s so easy. Yes, although there are several ways you can do this, you can follow this tutorial in full.
HOW TO MAKE A BACKGROUND IN WORD
This background function is very useful if you want to create a document that upholds the originality of Guys, for example, a thesis.
In addition to having to know how to create a table of contents in Microsoft Word, you may also need to know how to create a background in your thesis document, especially in showing the results of the tests you did.
How to make this background is also needed if you want to make an official letter from the agency. Besides needing to know how to make letterhead lines in Word, you also need to know how to add a background to the letter. Here’s how:
- The first thing you can do is change the color.
- Go to Design – Page Color – and immediately choose a color like this.
That is the easiest way and you can change the color according to your needs or tastes, guys. In addition to this method, you can also replace it with an image that you have.
The method is almost the same, guys, pay attention to the following rare:
- Go to the Design menu.
- Click Page Color.
- Select Fill Effects.
- Next, select the tab Picture – Select Picture – From a File.
- Then find the image you have and press Ok
- Finished! The background will change.
But, you also need to remember that both methods will not appear when you print either color or image.
To make it appear when printing, then you need to go to the File menu – Options – Display – and check the Print background colors and Image.
Well, after you go through these few steps, the background will change and also enter when you print, GRATZ!!! It’s easy to make a background in Word.
How to Create a Signature in Word
There are several ways to make a signature in Microsoft Word. And the method is really easy, just follow the steps below, guys!
Making a signature is really needed, especially in the digital era like now, right? Of course, you need a signature in your Word file, so from that our Team will provide this tutorial in detail.
Actually, you can also use a third application or additional devices such as pens that support your PC or laptop. But this is the easiest way without using other devices and applications Guys.
HOW TO CREATE A SIGNATURE IN WORD
You need to sign first, Guys on a piece of white paper. Make sure the paper is really white and the pen has colour ink that you can really see clearly.
This function is for later photos or files the resolution will be smaller Guys. Not only that, but the customized color saturation will also reduce the thickness of the pen color, you know.
So make sure you give a signature with a clear enough emphasis. Here’s how to create a signature in Word:
- Prepare a white paper with a signature on it. Photos using a smartphone or you can directly scan the signature through a scanner.
- You can reduce the resolution and crop it so that the photo focuses on the signature. For convenience, click the image file > Edit.
- On the Paint menu, you can resize to reduce the resolution. Choose 50 per cent resolution, fill Horizontal 50 and Vertical 50
- Hover over the exact position of the word you want to add a signature to. Click Insert > Picture > insert the previous signature image file.
- After you insert the image, reduce the size again using the cursor for more precision.
- Double click on the image.
- On the Format menu, select the Color > Recolor > Black and White 50 per cent submenu.
- if your signature is not clear, double click on the image, select menu Correction > Brightness 0 per cent (Normal) Contrast 40 per cent.
You can change the last two steps depending on the contrast and color saturation you want, guys. So you can at the same time adjust the thickness of your signature that has entered the word, so guys.
I also said what Guys, how easy it is to make a signature in Microsoft Word! The most important thing is to make sure your signature is clear enough, and the photos are of high enough quality. Obviously, so that later your signature looks good, it doesn’t break.
How to Solve WiFi Authentication Problem
SHARE More If you open WIFI at a school, cafe, airport, or hotel, you are usually asked to enter username...
How to Overcome the TikTok link on WhatsApp can’t be opened
SHARE More Are you a TikTok user who has experienced problems opening a link, especially on WhatsApp? If it is,...
How to Fix Spotify AI DJ Not Showing
SHARE More As a music streaming service, Spotify has revolutionized the way we listen to music. One of its most...
How to Overcome steam error code e84
SHARE More The steam error code e84 problem usually occurs when we are about to log into the Steam platform,...
How to Overcome Time synchronization failed on Windows
SHARE More Time synchronization failure is a problem that appears when Windows experiences a time synchronization failure or it could...
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook Messenger
SHARE More Facebook Messenger is a widely used messaging app that lets you stay connected with your friends and family....
How to Fix an LED TV That Has No Picture But Has Sound
SHARE More For those of you who are having problems with LED TVs where the picture doesn’t come out but...
How to Overcome Hotstar error mn-1002 on Android Devices
SHARE More The Hotstar error mn-1002 problem is a problem that occurs if you use the Hotstar application on a...
What is a Virtual Private Server
SHARE More In the world of web hosting, Virtual Private Server (VPS) has become a popular choice for website owners...
Instagram Marketing Strategy 2023
SHARE More Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 1 billion active monthly users. As...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones4 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones4 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech3 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News4 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers