If you tried to access your account of the largest social network in the world and did not succeed, you need to follow the process and report the compromised Facebook account.
Millions of users have problems when logging in: loss of password, email address, phone number or even account hacking are the problems that can arise when trying to access the Facebook account.
For the peace of mind of its users, the company has tools that will allow you to report problems in a matter of minutes, as long as the recovery information has been configured before.
However, there are several methods that you can try until you are exhausted when faced with the challenge of how to report a compromised account.
Report your compromised Facebook account without a password
The most common cause for reporting a compromised Facebook account is the loss of the login password.
If you still have access to your email and remember its address, the task of reporting your Facebook account will be more than simple. Here are the steps to follow:
- Enter the Facebook page to identify yourself.
- In the box, write your email address and hit “Search”.
- Then, you must choose the option “Send code by email” and press “Continue”.
- Check your email and take note of the 6 digits that Facebook sent you.
- I entered the 6-digit code on the Facebook page and hit “Continue”.
- Define a new password for your account and then press “Continue”.
This way you can report your compromised Facebook account and access it with the new password. Alternatively, in the third step mentioned above, you can choose other methods to report the account.
How to report your account without email
Can’t remember your email or don’t have access to it ?: You can still report your compromised Facebook account using the phone number linked to it. Perform the following steps:
- Go to the Facebook site.
- In the box, write your phone number and click “Search”.
- Choose the option ” Send code by SMS ” and click on “Continue”.
- On your mobile, check the SMS sent by Facebook and write down the 6-digit code number.
- I entered the 6-digit code in Facebook and hit “Continue”.
- Enter a new password for your account and then press “Continue”.
Facebook is always in the crosshairs of cybercriminals.
And without email and without number?
If you lost access to your email and you also have no access to the phone number registered in your account, there is only one way to satisfactorily solve the problem of how to report your compromised Facebook account: thanks to trusted contacts.
For this option to work you should have previously configured the so-called ” friends to contact in case you lose access to your account ” in the “Security and Login” section on Facebook.
If you have not done it before, this method will not work with your account and you will not be able to solve the problem of how to recover your Facebook account.
How to report the account with the help of friends
If you previously configured the list of friends to contact in case of losing access to your account, you can solve the problem of how to report your compromised Facebook account through the following steps:
- Head over to the Facebook site to identify yourself.
- Enter your email address, phone, username or full name and then hit the “Search” button.
- Click the link “No longer have access?”
- Enter an email address or phone number that you currently have access to and then press “Continue.”
- Click the ” Reveal my trusted contacts ” button and fill out the form with the full names of all your trusted friends assigned to your account.
- Copy the special link and send it to your trusted friends.
- Ask your trusted friends to open the “link” and send you the login code.
- Complete the form with the recovery codes that your friends send you.
How to report an account when it is at risk or hacked
If you lost access to your account due to a hack, Facebook has a special section for such situations: it is possible through a form.
This form to report the compromised account is enabled for cases in which you feel that another person took control without your authorization or you have been the victim of a computer virus that steals information.
To report this before you must follow these steps:
- Enter the Facebook hack button.
- Click the ” My account is at risk ” button.
- Enter the email address of your account and hit “Search”.
- Write the last password you remember and hit the “Continue” button.
- Click “Protect my account” to change your password.
- This procedure for reporting compromised Facebook accounts may vary slightly depending on the information entered.
Avoid losing your Facebook account in the future
Losing an account in service is not pleasant at all, much less if it is a social network like Facebook, which keeps you in contact with your friends and allows you to access other related services.
In order not to go through a similar situation in the future and face the task of reporting your account, it is necessary that you take certain measures to ensure that you will never lose your Facebook account :
- Go to Facebook settings and do the following to secure your account:
- Check your main e-mail: in the “Contact” section make sure that the address that appears there is still accessible to you.
- Add other emails and phone numbers to verify your account: press “Edit” in the “Contact” section and then click the link “Add another email address or phone number” to add alternative emails or phone numbers. They will be useful in the event of loss of your password.
- Change your password regularly: for this, you must go to the “Security and login” section and then press the “Edit” button located to the right of “Change password”.
- Add trusted friends who can help you recover your account: in the “Additional security settings” section, press the “Edit” button located to the right of ” Choose three to five friends to contact in case you lose access to your account “and then select three to five trusted friends who could help you recover your account if you lose it.
Fully protect your Facebook account and prevent attacks
Security is a factor that must be present in every type of service or platform that we use on the Internet.
Today social networks are widely used by users, they offer us a wide range of possibilities and there are very diverse ones. However, our data may be compromised.
Therefore, we will review what we must do to protect our Facebook account. The objective is to avoid any intruder or problem that affects us and you should not dedicate yourself to reporting your compromised Facebook account.
The importance of protecting profiles on the Internet
Protecting our records, our social media accounts or any other platform is vital on the Internet. It is important to prevent the entry of intruders who can access personal information and endanger our privacy.
Hackers use various techniques to steal data, access accounts, and compromise security. We, therefore, need to correctly protect those services that we are going to use and thus not reach the instance of reporting the compromised account.
Facebook is one of the most popular social networks. This means that hackers can especially set their sights here, as they could be more successful in stealing accounts.
How to protect my Facebook account
There are a series of tips to secure the Facebook account and we are going to give you some recommendations that can prevent the entry of intruders that affect privacy.
The first step is to use a strong password. It is something basic that we must apply in any registry on the Internet.
Nothing to put as a password our date of birth, telephone number or words that are easy to find out, because this way your account will be hacked easily.
The objective is to create passwords that have letters (uppercase and lowercase), numbers and other special symbols, randomly and without us using them elsewhere.
Activate two-step authentication for my Facebook account
Two-step authentication is an extra layer of security that we can add.
To do this we have to enter our Facebook account, go to the menu on the top right, enter Settings and privacy, go to Settings and then access Security and login. Here we will see the section on Authentication in two steps.
If we click on the first option, Edit, it will direct us to a new window for configuration. We may use third-party applications or have them send us a code by SMS. The ideal is the first option. This way you won’t have to report your compromised Facebook account.
Receive alerts of suspicious logins to my Facebook account
Another feature that we can see in Settings and security is to control the logins of our account. We can see details of where we have logged in, from what operating system or device.
It is a very interesting tool to avoid the problem of reporting a compromised Facebook account. The idea is to detect fraudulent logins.
We can also configure our Facebook account to alert us if you have logged in from a suspicious place. This option is just below the previous one.
We can configure whether we want them to send us an email or notifications through the social network that there has been a strange login.
Use only official applications on my Facebook account
Another way to protect our Facebook accounts is to only use tools that are official and reliable. We must avoid installing third-party software or making use of programs that are not official from the social network.
This could pose a problem for our privacy because we could add software that has been maliciously modified.
Beware of bots and fake profiles on Facebook account
On Facebook, as on other social networks, false profiles or also known as bots abound. They try to impersonate real users to add us and get personal information.
These types of profiles could also send dangerous messages, links that contain malware and, ultimately, compromise our security. We must be careful with the contacts we add and always be alert. This way, you will never have to report your Facebook account.
New Features of Facebook Messenger, Making it Easier for Users to Send Messages to Groups
Facebook, which has now changed its name to Meta, has just introduced a new feature in one of its chat applications, Messenger. This new feature is expected to make it easier for users to send messages.
The new feature is called @everyone shortcuts. How it works, the @everyone shortcut will send notifications to all group members for incoming messages.
If the message uses the @everyone tag, it means that the message is addressed to all group members and will be seen by all members.
This feature is very suitable for disseminating information to all group members, rather than sending them one by one. Messenger will tag everyone in the group.
Meta says this @everyone shortcut can be used on Android and iOS devices in the Messenger app.
Here’s how to use the @everyone feature:
- When you start Messenger with @everyone, all members in the group will receive a message notification.
- This feature is suitable as a reminder, an invitation to a get-together, or collecting answers to urgent questions or requests.
- With this feature, messages can be seen by all group members.
Not only the @everyone feature, but Meta also introduces the silent feature. When using this feature, chat group members will not get notifications for messages sent by users.
Especially for iOS devices, Messenger provides shortcuts shrug, table flip and gif to express emotions when sending messages.
This text-based shortcut makes it easier to type emoticons, shrug and turn the table (table flip). Users can type “/shrug” to add these emoticons; there is no need to type symbols.
The new shortcut feature coming to Messenger is Pay. However, it is only available to users in the United States for iOS and Android devices.
The pay feature sends or receives funds via Messenger, and the platform does not charge additional fees.
How to Delete Instagram?
One of the social media often used by the public is Instagram. On Instagram, various features are provided to support the needs of its users, such as the photo and video sharing feature.
To join Instagram, users must first create an account. After that, they can only play on Instagram.
However, it is undeniable that there are only a handful of people who forget their Instagram accounts or, for some reason, want to deactivate or delete their Instagram.
If you are one of the few people who forgot your Instagram account or want to deactivate or delete an Instagram account but don’t know how you can follow the three ways to delete an Instagram account below.
How to Deactivate Instagram Account
Deactivating your Instagram account means that your account is no longer active on Instagram. However, this inactivity is temporary and not permanent. So, your account will not be deleted; it’s just that it’s not active for a while. For those of you who want to deactivate your Instagram account, here are some ways you can follow:
- Open an Instagram account via browser.
- Login as usual by entering your username and password.
- Select the settings option by clicking on the top right corner. Then, select the profile menu, and at the bottom, there is an option Temporarily “Disabled My Account.”
- State the reason you want to deactivate your account temporarily. Make sure you find the most relevant reason so you can be selected in the options.
- Re-enter your Instagram account password.
- Done, your Instagram account is temporarily deactivated.
- If you already want to go back to Instagram and reactivate it, you can log in as usual.
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently
Not infrequently, Instagram users forget their Instagram accounts. You can reset the password and log in with the new password.
However, if you no longer want to use the Instagram account permanently, you can follow the steps below to delete an Instagram account.
- Log in to your Instagram account in the browser.
- After successfully logging in, you can access this link.
- The question “Why Do You Want To Delete, @yourname?” will appear. You can choose several questions according to / relevant to the main reason for permanently deleting your Instagram account.
- If there is no appropriate reference for the reasons provided, please select the “Something Else” option.
- After applying how to delete a permanent Instagram account, confirm by re-entering your account password.
- Select “Delete Username” and automatically
- Your Instagram account will disappear.
How to make WhatsApp look offline even though it’s online
What will you do while on vacation or rest, and want to receive WhatsApp messages from your closest friends or family?
Turning off WhatsApp can miss important messages. While turning on WhatsApp will make messages from anywhere come in and interrupt your rest.
It turns out that turning off or deactivating a WhatsApp account by deleting the application can be done by WhatsApp users when taking leave, holidays, or on weekends.
This is especially so when you don’t want to be disturbed by various work activities.
However, sometimes users occasionally want to open WhatsApp to contact someone in a critical situation.
Therefore, some users outsmart it by making it look like their WhatsApp account is inactive or offline even though they are online.
There is no unique feature of WhatsApp that allows this.
However, some tricks can make WhatsApp look offline even though it is online, such as the following steps.
1. How to make an offline status on WhatsApp
Creating an “offline” status on your WhatsApp account prevents other users from contacting you.
Here’s how to make an “offline” status on WhatsApp.
- Open your WhatsApp account. Click the three-dot icon in the top right corner Select “Settings.”
- Tap your WhatsApp profile name. Select “About.”
- Tap the pencil icon, Then write the status “Offline X.”
- You can also add other words, such as “on leave” or “not active.”
- Then click “Save.”
2. Turn off the “Last Seen” feature to make it look Offline
Last seen or last seen is the information under the WhatsApp user account name.
Other users will know when you last opened the WhatsApp application if this feature is active.
This indicates that you are actively using WhatsApp.
To make it look offline, you can turn off this feature in the following way.
- Open your WhatsApp Click the three-dot icon in the top right corner
- Select “Settings” Select “Accounts” Click “Privacy”
- Click ” Last seen ” in the “Who can see my personal info” section, click “Last seen.”
- Select “Nobody” to disable “Last seen” for all contacts
Now the information on when you were last active on WhatsApp will no longer be visible to other users.
However, you also won’t see “last seen” information in other users’ contacts.
3. Turn off background data
You can turn off the “background data” setting for Android phone users.
- Go to the “Settings” menu on your Android phone
- Select “Apps” Click “Manage apps.”
- Find the “WhatsApp” application
- Select “Data usage.”
- Slide the toggle “Background data” to the left to turn off
Please note that this method is performed on Android 9 phones.
It could be that the display and layout on other Android phones are different.
The WhatsApp application will not connect to the internet when not in use by turning off background data.
That way, you can still do other online activities, such as playing games, streaming, and opening other social media.
4. Disabling the blue tick
Another way to make your WhatsApp account look offline even though it’s online is to disable the blue tick.
The blue tick is an indicator that indicates that the message sent has been read.
By disabling the blue tick, anyone who sends a message to your WhatsApp will not know whether the message has been read or not.
This is what makes your account look offline.
- Open your WhatsApp Click the three-dot icon in the top right corner
- Select “Settings” Select “Accounts”
- Click “Privacy” Slide the toggle “Read receipts” to the left for
- turn off blue tick
For the record, when you turn off the blue tick, you also can’t see the blue tick when “chatting” with other contacts.
That means you also won’t know if your message has been read or not unless the contact replies to your message.
5. Avoid creating status
Making a WhatsApp status visible to all WhatsApp contacts can indicate that you are visible online.
Avoid creating a status that all your WhatsApp contacts can see to trick this.
If you want to create a WhatsApp status, you can take advantage of the “Status” feature by sorting specific user contacts so they can see your status.
- Open your WhatsApp Click the three-dot icon in the top right corner
- Select “Settings” Select “Accounts”
- Click “Privacy” Select “Status”
- Pilih “My contacts.” “My contacts except,” atau “Only share with.”
- After selecting, click “Done.”
Here are some ways to make WhatsApp look offline even though it’s online.
iPhone 14 will receive front cameras from a Korean supplier
SHARE More iPhone 14 will be in production from the summer. We learn that Apple diversifies suppliers and acquires front...
Releasing Windows 10 Build 19044.1739 to Release Preview Channel
SHARE More Some time ago Windows Insider Release Preview Channel users who are still using Windows 10 have received the...
How to change the username in Windows 10
SHARE More If you want to know how to change your username in Windows 10, This article will show you...
Microsoft Releases Windows 11 Insider Build 25120 For Insider Dev Channel
SHARE More Last week, Microsoft started releasing Windows 11 Insider Dev Build 25115 (Sun Valley 3) for Insider Dev Channel...
How to Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro
SHARE More Generally, nowadays many new devices have received Windows 11 Home by default, even though Windows 11 Home itself...
Again, Here’s Leaked One Outlook, Email Client For Windows 11
SHARE More As previously reported, Microsoft is developing a new Mail Client that aims to replace all existing Mail Clients,...
Xiaomi 12 Lite 5G – price, specification and what we know before the premiere
SHARE More Xiaomi 12 Lite 5G is the upcoming medium brand whose premiere is fast approaching. What will the price...
How to avoid closing a business?
SHARE More How to avoid closing a business? The Covid-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on everyone’s pockets, but especially on...
How to save money: 4 easy steps to get started
SHARE More How to save money: 4 easy steps to get started Undoubtedly, the new year’s arrival is always accompanied...
How to apply for a credit card?
SHARE More How to apply for a credit card? If you are thinking of applying for a credit card, let...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones3 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones3 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech3 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News3 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers