How to report a fraudulent website
The Internet has reached such magnitude that for many unscrupulous people it has become a way to amass money quickly and easily. This is possible because the meteoric growth of the Internet has led to practices that develop in legal loopholes. In addition, the appearance and enforcement of existing laws are not the same in all countries, making it difficult to solve crimes committed on, for example, Chinese websites.
Although technology evolves much faster than jurisprudence, the user is not helpless and the Internet is much safer now than it was a few years ago. Keep reading this article if you want to know how to report a fraudulent website, how to report phishing or, in general, how to report cybercrime.
Report a website for fraud
Scams and scams based on hoaxes are common on the Internet and we can report them, just as we would if they happened in real life. In fact, the complaint is essential to be able to locate and act on pages, portals or companies that carry out illegal activities. Indian citizens have at our Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C), with a ( helpline 155260 ) website (https://cybercrime.gov.in/) where we can report any case of fraud or scam: fraudulent online stores, payments for purchases that we have not made, malicious or phishing emails, theft of personal data, etc. We also have other organizations specialized in cybercrime within the different citizen security bodies, as we will see later.
How to report cybercrime
There are many types of crimes that are punishable by law. Although the creativity of the cybercriminal is not without originality, the most common are scams (scams) and frauds (financial and administrative deceptions) that, in some cases, can be easily avoided by knowing them. These are the most common:
- Sending money in advance: it is a very basic scam and avoiding it is easy. They promise you what they promise and no matter how much they earn your trust, never pay in advance for a service, a purchase, an investment, etc. Also, do not lend money to people who earn your trust using the Internet, as they may not even really exist, even if you have contacted them through social networks, online dating services, etc. For charity scams, first, verify the identity of the organization.
- Credit card fraud: there are pages that appear authentic and are dedicated to selling the most varied things that do not exist: tickets to concerts, shows or sporting events that once paid to turn out to be false. When a credit card is used, there is a specific protocol for reporting fraud.
- Data theft: You should also report data theft through fake web pages, a fact better known as phishing.
If you have been a victim of any of these or any other fraud, you should do the following:
- Contact the service or the provider company: many cases can be resolved using the support services of the portal itself. In the case of social networks, forums and emails, they can solve the problems themselves, as they are the first interested in that no one misuses their services.
- Victims of cyber fraud call on helpline number 155260, which is manned and operated by the state police concerned.
What to do when you get scammed online
In the event that it is not classified as a crime and remains at fault for fraud, you can find solutions by going to the Customer Service or Support departments of:
- In case of credit card scams or fraud, you should contact your card provider. You should also inform your bank.
- In case of spam, intrusion into your privacy, account hacking, etc. you must contact the provider: Google if it is a Gmail email; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. if it is within a social network, etc.
- Malicious web pages, with inappropriate content, content copies, paid links, malicious software etc., you can report directly to Google.
How to report a website to Google
There are many reasons why we may want to report a web page to Google. If this is your case, you should know that you have several sites to report the problem. If this is related to your Google account (for example, with your Gmail email) you can do the following:
- Click on your photo
- Click on the option “Manage your account”
- Report your problem (lower right)
You will be able to explain the problem and send screenshots to prove it. They will contact you.
- If it is a third-party problem, for example, a suspicious web page, there is a complaints page where you can choose the type of activity and send your report.
- If you use Chrome as your default browser, you can install an extension (More Tools> Extensions> Add extension) called Suspicious Site Reporter. This will allow you to report pages involved in computer crimes.
How to report phishing
Phishing is the name of a type of scam that consists of using emails, forms or any other type of simulation to be able to access personal data such as passwords, bank details or access data with which crimes of identity theft, theft are later committed. accounts or scams on your behalf.
It is the most common type of scam and you can report it directly to Google, in a department called Safebrowsing. If you are interested in this information, be sure to visit this article on How to delete my information from the Internet.
How to Fix Spotify AI DJ Not Showing
As a music streaming service, Spotify has revolutionized the way we listen to music. One of its most exciting features is the AI DJ, which creates custom playlists based on your music preferences. However, sometimes users encounter an issue where the AI DJ feature is not showing up. In this article, we will go through a step-by-step guide on how to fix this issue.
Step 1: Check for Updates
The first thing you should do is check if your Spotify app is updated. If not, update it to the latest version. This may resolve any glitches or bugs that are causing the AI DJ feature to disappear.
Step 2: Clear Cache
Clearing the cache on your Spotify app may also help resolve this issue. To do this, go to your app settings and select “Storage.” From there, tap on “Clear Cache” and restart your app.
Step 3: Disable Battery Saver
Sometimes, battery saver settings can interfere with the app’s performance. To disable the battery saver, go to your phone’s settings and select “Battery.” From there, disable any battery-saving modes that are enabled.
Step 4: Check the Internet Connection
Make sure that you have a stable internet connection. If your internet connection is slow or unstable, the app may not be able to load the AI DJ feature.
Step 5: Check Country Settings
Spotify’s AI DJ feature is not available in all countries. If you’re using the app in a country where this feature is not available, it may not appear on your app. You can check the list of countries where the AI DJ feature is available on the Spotify website.
Step 6: Check the Subscription
The AI DJ feature is only available to Spotify Premium subscribers. If you’re using the free version of the app, you may not be able to access this feature.
Step 7: Reinstall the App
If none of the above steps work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This will reset the app to its default settings, which may resolve any issues that were causing the AI DJ feature to disappear.
Step 8: Restart Your Device
If the issue persists, try restarting your device. This can help fix any software issues that may be causing the problem. Here’s how to do it:
- Press and hold the power button on your device.
- Tap on the “Restart” option when it appears on the screen.
- Wait for your device to restart, and then try opening the Spotify app again.
Step 9: Contact Spotify Support
If the issue persists after trying all the above steps, it’s time to contact Spotify support. You can reach out to them through their website, and they will guide you through resolving the issue.
Spotify’s AI DJ feature is a great way to discover new music based on your preferences. However, it can be frustrating if it’s not showing up on your app. By following the steps outlined above, you should be able to resolve the issue and get back to enjoying your music. Remember to check for updates, clear cache, disable battery saver, check internet connection, country settings, and subscription, and reinstall the app. If all else fails, don’t hesitate to contact Spotify support.
How to Overcome steam error code e84
The steam error code e84 problem usually occurs when we are about to log into the Steam platform, this error is also accompanied by Something that went wrong while attempting to sign you in.
If you are currently experiencing the same error. So in this article, we are going to provide you with the repair solution with the simplest way to fix it.
1. Delete Temporary Files
Temporary Files on your computer can sometimes make Steam run improperly. One is the steam error code e84, so try deleting temporary files from your computer. To do so, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R then type the command %temp% and press the Enter / OK key
- Then delete all files and folders in the temp folder
- After that, try restarting your computer, and try opening Steam, is the error code E84 still there?
Deleting all of these folders will not cause errors or damage to the computer/programs on your computer, because all the files in this temp folder are temporary files that are no longer needed.
2. Update the Steam Application
Check if there is an update available for the steam application, if there is, please update immediately. And after the update is complete, try opening the Steam application again.
3. Reinstall the Steam App
If the two methods above don’t work, there could be some problematic or damaged Steam system files. The best solution is to reinstall the Steam application.
How to Overcome Time synchronization failed on Windows
Time synchronization failure is a problem that appears when Windows experiences a time synchronization failure or it could be that Windows Time synchronization is not working correctly.
There are several things that can cause this problem, such as server time overload problem, issues with your internet connection, firewall problem, and several other triggers. In this article, we will provide tips to solve this problem in an easy and straightforward way.
How to Overcome Time synchronization failed:
1. Restart Windows Time Service
This Windows Time runs in the background of your Windows system, therefore you need to do the steps below to restart the Windows Time Service:
- Press the Windows key + R then type services.msc press the Enter key / or click OK
- In Windows service find and right-click on Windows Time
- And then click Restart
2. Disable Automatic Time Saving Settings
Windows 11 and Windows 10 have Automatic Time-Saving settings, activate this feature if you experience the Time synchronization failed problem, for the following method:
- Right-click on the search start menu and select Settings
- Select Time & Language > Date & Time
- Then disable Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically
Try resyncing, does it work?
3. Repair Windows Time Service from CMD
If the two previous methods don’t work, then you can fix it using CMD as a repair medium. To do this, follow the following steps:
Open Command Prompt (CMD) using administrator
Next, in CMD, type the following command:
- w32tm /debug /disable
- w32tm /unregister
- w32tm /register
- netstart w32time
Press the enter key on each command line.
If the command runs successfully, you will receive the message “The Windows Time Service is starting.” or the message “The windows time service was started successfully”
How to fix provision isn’t responding to Xiaomi
SHARE More One of the most frequent problems that occur with Xiaomi cellphone users is the emergence of an error...
WhatsApp Releases Message Edit Feature, Suitable for Those of You Who Often Typo
SHARE More The messaging application owned by Meta Inc, WhatsApp, released a new feature that might be very useful for...
What is Android System Intelligence?
SHARE More For those of you Android phone users, you may often know Android System Intelligence on your Android system....
FBI Blocks 13 Internet Domains Related to DDoS Cyber Attacks
SHARE More FBI blocks 13 internet domains as they are associated with malicious DDoS services. This action was carried out...
How To Fix Temporarily Lost Connection
SHARE More The temporarily lost connection problem is a Temporarily Lost Connection error when launching the EA application. There are...
WhatsApp’s New Feature Allows You to Create a Channel, Ready to Become a Content Creator?
SHARE More WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging platforms because it has an easy-to-use interface and a variety...
Cannot Open Web Pages But Internet Connected
SHARE More If you try to visit a site and you see a web page cannot be opened notification appears,...
Overcoming WhatsApp can’t download images
SHARE More In this article, we will give you tips on how to deal with WhatsApp not downloading images. Usually,...
These 47 cell phone brands will no longer be able to use WhatsApp starting December 2023
SHARE More Starting December 31, 2023, the messaging application WhatsApp will no longer work on at least 47 cell phones....
Can AI Technology Replace Human Jobs? This is ChatGPT Answer!
SHARE More Much has been said about AI chatbots such as ChatGPT, Bing AI, and Google Bard, about whether in...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones4 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones4 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
News4 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers
Tech4 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone