Microsoft Outlook allows you as a user to set automatic replies, even if you are out of the office.
That topic is also what we will cover in this article, how to set Outlook to send automatic messages. For the record, the article instructions apply to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, Outlook Microsoft 365, and Outlook.com.
HOW TO SEND AUTOMATIC REPLIES FROM OUTLOOK
Automated out-of-office email replies from Outlook are quite effective, especially for those of you who often travel far away or don’t stay in one place.
The settings for automatic email replies in Outlook depend on whether your email account is on a Microsoft Exchange server or an IMAP or POP email account (such as general email services Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and others).
If you’re not sure whether you’re using Outlook with an Exchange account or not, take a look at the status bar at the bottom of the Outlook window.
However, if you are using an Exchange account, you will see “Connected to Microsoft Exchange” in the status bar.
CREATING AN AUTO-REPLY EMAIL TEMPLATE IN OUTLOOK
To set up automatic replies in Outlook on an IMAP or POP email account, use the Outlook rules feature.
Start by creating a template for an auto-reply email that will be sent to all recipients on the go. The method:
- Select ‘New Email’.
- Enter ‘Subject’ for the email and text of the message notifying the recipient that you are not available.
Tip: Let recipients know if they can expect a personal response from you and pay attention to how much information you reveal in those automated replies.
- Once you have finished creating the auto-reply message, select ‘File’.
4. Select ‘Save As’.
5. Select the ‘Save as type’ dropdown arrow and select ‘Outlook Template’.
- Outlook uses the template subject by default as the name in the ‘File Name’ text box.
- Select ‘Save’.
- Close the message window.
CREATE OUT-OF-OFFICE EMAIL AUTO-REPLY RULES
The next step for an IMAP or POP email account is to set up Outlook rules. This rule aims to send a response using a pre-built template.
- Select ‘File’ > ‘Info’.
- Select ‘Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Select the ‘Email Rules’ tab.
- At the bottom of ‘Apply changes to this folder, select the email account for which you want to auto-reply.
Tip: You will have the option to apply the new rule to all accounts in the next step.
- Select ‘New Rule’.
- In the ‘Start from a blank rule section, select ‘Apply rule on messages I receive’.
- Select ‘Next’.
- Under ‘Step 1: Select condition(s)’, select the ‘Where my name is in the To box’ checkbox.
Note: The auto-response rule will reply to all incoming emails if you clear all these checkboxes.
- Select ‘Next’.
- Under ‘Step 1: Select action(s)’, select the ‘reply using a specific template’ checkbox.
- Under ‘Step 2: Edit the rule description (click an underlined value)’, select the ‘a specific template’ link.
12. Select the ‘Look In’ drop-down arrow, then select ‘User Templates in File System’.
- Highlight the template you created.
- Select ‘Open’.
- In the ‘Rules Wizard’ dialog box, select ‘Next’.
- Under ‘Step 1: Select exception(s)’, select the ‘except if it is an automatic reply’ checkbox.
- Select ‘Next’.
- Under ‘Step 1: Specify a name for this rule, type a name for your auto-reply rule.
- Under ‘Step 2: Setup rule options, select the ‘Turn on this rule’ checkbox if you want to enable email autoresponders.
However, if you don’t want automatic replies to be active for now, please clear the check box.
Tip: If you have multiple email accounts that you want to use as autoresponders, select the ‘Create this rule on all accounts’ checkbox.
- Select ‘Finish’.
- In the ‘Rules and Alerts dialog box, select OK.
Note: Outlook sends automatic replies to each email address received once per session. A second automatic reply is sent after Outlook is closed and reopened.
HOW TO ENABLE AND DISABLE AUTOMATIC REPLIES FOR IMAP AND POP EMAIL ACCOUNTS
For IMAP and POP email accounts, you can enable automatic email replies whenever needed.
To do this, go to ‘File’ > ‘Manage Rules & Alerts’, select the checkbox next to the autoresponder rule, then select OK.
To turn off the responder, clear the check box, and then select OK.
AUTO REPLY FOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE ACCOUNT
If your email account is a Microsoft Exchange account (you can set up your Outlook.com account as an Exchange account in Outlook), you can set up automatic replies directly on the server.
Follow these steps for Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, and Outlook for Microsoft 365.
- Select ‘File’ > ‘Info’.
- Select ‘Automatic Replies’.
- Select ‘Send automatic replies. Write an auto-reply message in the text box.
Note: To turn off automatic replies, open the ‘Automatic Replies’ dialog box, then select ‘Don’t send automatic replies. That way, automatic replies are no longer sent.
- Optionally, set the time period for which you want automatic replies to be enabled.
Select the ‘Only send during this time range’ checkbox. Then set ‘Start time’ and ‘End time’. Only messages received during this range will receive an automatic reply.
- If you work within a company or organization, you may have additional options for automatic message replies:
- ‘Inside My Organization‘: This message is sent to messages received from other people within the same company or organization as you.
- ‘Outside My Organization ‘: This message is sent to people outside your organization. Select the ‘Auto-reply to people outside my organization’ checkbox.
Note: There is a security risk involved with these automatic replies.
- Select OK.
HOW TO ENABLE AUTOMATIC REPLIES IN OUTLOOK.COM
Enabling automatic replies in Outlook.com is a simple process. This feature doesn’t offer as many options as the Outlook software, but it’s easy to use.
- On the Outlook.com Email page, select ‘Settings’ > ‘View all Outlook settings.
2. Select ‘Mail’ > ‘Automatic replies’.
- Turn on the ‘Turn on automatic replies’ switch.
Note: To turn off Outlook automatic replies, turn off the ‘Automatic replies on’ button.
- Optional: Select the ‘Send replies only during a time period’ checkbox. Specify ‘Start time’ and ‘End time’. Automatic replies are only sent during this time period.
- Enter the message you want to send when auto-reply is enabled.
- Optionally, select the ‘Send replies only to contacts’ checkbox to send automatic replies only to people and email addresses in Outlook.com contacts.
- Select ‘Save’.
How to Forward Email as ‘Attachment’ in Microsoft Outlook
This time we will discuss a tutorial on how to forward the email as an attachment in Microsoft Outlook.
This tutorial is very useful to save you time instead of having to forward several emails one by one. You can send them all at once as attachments.
How to? Just take a look at the following reviews!
HOW TO FORWARD EMAILS AS ATTACHMENTS IN OUTLOOK
First, you can use the default desktop client from Microsoft Outlook or online web applications. Well, that will be discussed one by one in this tutorial.
1. Forward Email ‘Attachment’ Using Desktop Client
Before we begin, note that the ‘Desktop Client’ feature is not available in the Outlook smartphone app for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Outlook on smartphone browsers.
You can attach emails to new emails (or to emails to be replied to) using the native Microsoft Outlook desktop application for Windows and Mac.
To do so, first launch “Outlook” first and then select the email you want to forward as an attachment by clicking on it in the email list.
Next, in the “Respond” group of the “Home” tab, click “More”, then select “Forward As Attachment” from the drop-down menu.
Once selected, a ‘new compose’ window will appear with the previously selected email as an attachment.
Or alternatively, if you want to reply to an email with another email as an attachment, click the email from the list of emails you want to reply to, then click the “Reply” button.
Next, “drag and drop” the email you want to attach to the body of the reply email from the list.
Your email is now attached to the reply email.
2. Forward Email as Attachment by Default
If you want Microsoft Outlook to send an email as an attachment to a new email by default every time you click the “Forward” button in the email, it’s very easy.
Open the “Outlook” application on your computer and click the “File” tab on the ribbon menu.
Select “Options” from the left pane.
Later, the “Outlook Options” window will appear. In this section, please click the “Mail” tab.
Next, select the arrow next to the “When Forwarding a Message” option in the “Replies and Forwards” section, then click “Attach Original Message” from the drop-down menu.
Finally, select “OK” in the lower right corner of the window to save changes.
3. Forward Email as Attachment using Outlook Web
If you prefer to use Outlook on the web instead of the Outlook app, you can still forward emails as attachments, but the steps are slightly different.
Unlike the desktop client in the Microsoft Outlook application, in this version of Outlook Web, there is no option that you can click to forward an email as an attachment in Outlook web.
But you can still do it using the “drag and drop” method.
Open a web browser, navigate to the Outlook website, and then sign in to your Outlook account. After logging in, please click “New Message” in the upper left corner to create a new email draft.
Or select an email to reply to with “Email as an Attachment” by clicking on the email, then selecting “Reply”
It doesn’t matter if you reply to an email or create a new one, the next steps are the same. Just find the email you want to add as an attachment from the email list. Then ‘drag and drop’ the email to the new email body.
All that needs to be done now is add a recipient (if it’s a new email), then type a reply, and send the message.
Well, those are the steps on how to easily forward an email as an attachment or forward an email as an attachment in Microsoft Outlook. Hopefully, it’s useful, Goodguys.
How to Create a Calendar and Schedule Events in Outlook 365 (Mac)
After upgrading in 2020, the Microsoft Outlook 365 program on Mac has two additional views to make calendaring easier.
One of them, you can create calendars and schedule events in Outlook 365 by setting a schedule in the My Day feature or through the RSVP system.
SCHEDULE EVENTS WITH THE MY DAY FEATURE
A Microsoft Outlook feature called My Day lets you see a quick overview of your daily schedule or other agenda, and add other events with just one click.
To view the My Day feature in the ‘Mail’ tab, click the ‘Show Task Pane’ button on the right, or select ‘View’ > ‘Task Pane’ from the menu bar.
To view it in another Outlook tab, click the ‘Show Task Pane’ button or select ‘View’ > ‘My Day’ from the menu bar.
To switch between views in My Day, click the three-dot icon at the top right.
You can also select “Settings” from this menu to customize the calendar you want to display.
To add an event while you’re on My Day, click the plus sign (+) next to the three-dot icon.
USE CALENDAR VIEW THREE DAYS AHEAD
If you want to see more than one day in your Microsoft Outlook 365 calendar, try the three-day forward view, as shown in the image below.
Click the “Calendar” tab to open your Outlook calendar. From there, select the drop-down arrow in the top right or click ‘View’ and then select ‘Three Day’ in the menu bar.
SCHEDULE EVENTS IN OUTLOOK CALENDAR WITH ADVANCED OPTIONS
With the advanced options in Microsoft Outlook, you can choose a time, check the availability of a schedule or agenda, and easily switch to another day.
To create a new schedule or agenda, click ‘File’ > ‘New Event’ in the Outlook tab menu.
Alternatively, you can click the “Calendar” tab, then click “New Events” at the top left. You can then add all the event details on the left.
For an easier way of adjusting the time, use the calendar grid on the right.
‘Drag and drop’ time blocks wherever you want, then increase or decrease to fit the time frame.
If you want to keep that time frame but also want to check other dates, use the arrow at the top next to the date.
Then, complete the agenda description and send the invitation to the person you want to address.
If you have multiple invitees, you can also still click “Scheduling Assistant” at the top of the event window to add mandatory and optional invites, including locations.
This allows you to check the availability of multiple participants at once. You can also drag time blocks and use double-sided arrows to lengthen or shorten the timeframe.
When you are done with the Scheduling Assistant, just click “Done” at the top left. Any details added or edited will be applied to the invitation.
You will then be returned to the invitation window, where you can complete anything else that needs to be done or simply click “Send”.
Well, those are the tutorial steps on how to use the calendar and schedule certain events or agendas in Microsoft Outlook 365 on Mac. Hope this helps, Good guys!
How to Insert Graphics or Animations into Outlook Email Signatures
With Microsoft Outlook, you can send messages using a digital signature (signature). Not only that, Outlook also allows you to insert graphics or animations into the signature.
How to? This is what we will explain in the following article, a tutorial on how to add graphics or animations to Outlook email signatures.
HOW TO ADD IMAGE TO OUTLOOK SIGNATURE
Before starting the explanation, please note that the instructions in this article apply to MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and Outlook for Microsoft 365.
In Outlook, adding graphics or animations (animated GIFs, for example) to a digital signature is as easy as inserting an image into an email.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the ‘File’ tab.
2. Select ‘Options’.
3. In the ‘Outlook Options’ dialog box, select ‘Mail’.
4. In the ‘Compose messages’ section, select ‘Signatures’.
5. In the ‘Signatures and Stationery dialog box, please open the ‘E-mail Signature’ tab and select ‘New’.
Note: If you want to add an image to an existing digital signature, select the signature you want to edit, then proceed to point 8 in this tutorial.
6. In the ‘New Signature’ dialog box, enter a descriptive name for the new signature and select OK.
7. In the ‘Signatures and Stationery dialog box, select the signature you want to edit, go to the ‘Edit signature’ section, and enter the text you want to include.
8. Position the cursor where you want to insert the picture into the Outlook signature.
9. On the Formatting toolbar, select ‘Insert Picture’.
Tip: In this case, adding an attachment will increase the size of the Outlook message/email. Choose a small image (less than 200 KB) to avoid taking up too much space in the email.
10. In the ‘Insert Picture’ dialog box, navigate to the folder containing the image file, then select the image file and select ‘Select’.
11. In the ‘Signatures and Stationery dialog box, select OK to save the signature.
12. In the ‘Outlook Options’ dialog box, select OK.
Well, that’s a short and clear tutorial on how to insert an image or animation into an Outlook email that you will send to make the message more attractive and visual.
How to recover Facebook account: tools to do it in minutes
SHARE It is very common for users to lose their Facebook or other social media accounts. The reasons can be...
Step by step: How to generate your own QR code for free and online
SHARE There is no denying the popularity and convenience of using QR codes. Therefore, it does not hurt to learn...
How to create a PayPal account: what is this platform and what is it for
SHARE Technology has made many aspects of life easier, especially those that have to do with payments, purchases and money...
How to clean a transparent cover
SHARE If you have had a transparent cover on your mobile, you will know that as days go by, it...
What does XD mean in WhatsApp
SHARE WhatsApp is one of the most downloaded applications worldwide. This fast messaging service allows you to send and receive...
How to protect a pdf file
SHARE Many times we create pdf files that we don’t want anyone to be able to edit, copy, or even...
How to convert a Word document to PDF
SHARE Microsoft Word is a powerful word processing program that offers many possibilities features. Its only drawback is that by...
How to create a PDF document
SHARE A PDF file is a portable document, that is, it is illustrated in 2D and can be opened from...
How to convert an ePub to PDF
SHARE The different computer programs that exist to make working documents adapt to all needs. Spreadsheets, text and image editors,...
How to Access Google Drive Files Without Internet, Really Easy
SHARE Google has just launched a new feature that can help users when offline or not connected to the internet....
Phones2 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones2 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech2 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News2 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers