If you have been an active Mac user for more than 5 years, you surely remember that when you turned on the computer it played a very characteristic sound, which only Mac computers had. As of 2016, Apple deactivated this peculiar sound, thus welcoming the new MacBook Pro.
For many, it turned out to be little accepted. In much the same way that some users chose to hide the Mac toolbar and menu. If you are one of those users we bring you good news because luckily this peculiar sound can be restored in a simple way. Do you want to know how? Then stay with us and find out.
Turn startup sounds on and off in 3 steps
The best and most effective method to activate and deactivate the startup sounds of your Mac is obtained by following the following steps:
- To activate the sound, the first thing you should do is go to the terminal option through Launchpad or Finder.
- Copy the command ” Sudo NVRAM BootAudio =% 01 ” and with that when you turn on the computer you will have that sound so characteristic of Mac back.
- If you want to disable it, you just have to follow the same steps but only enter a different command, in this case, to disable it you must copy ” Sudo NVRAM BootAudio =% 00 ” and that’s it.
As you observed, the steps to activate and deactivate the startup sound is very simple. But if you want to know a little more about how to change Mac sounds, we will leave you a brief summary with some tips to change or modify the notification sounds on your Mac below.
Change warning sounds on your Mac in simple steps
Mac is so diverse and useful that it allows you to modify each of its sounds, even the alert sounds or some message in the system. The best thing about this option is that you can modify each sound and the volume so that your experience when using the equipment is more pleasant and of course, pleasing to you.
By following the following steps you will learn to change the sounds of your Mac in a simple, fast, and practical way, so pay close attention. What you should do if you want to change the alert sound is:
- Select the Apple menu.
- Go to “System Preferences”.
- Select the sound button and then click on “Sound Effects”.
To select the sound you want you must click on the list and you will begin to hear how it sounds. Select the one you like the most and that’s it. You can also change the volume of the alert sound. Also, to change the sound at startup you must follow the following steps:
- Go to the Apple menu
- “System Preferences”.
- Select “Sound”.
- Click on “Sound Effects.”
- Check the box “Play sound on startup”, there you will see a small list of sounds, select the desired one and that’s it, when you turn on your Mac correctly you will hear the sound you selected.
If you want to change the speakers or the sound output and in this way change the source of the alert playback you should:
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Select system preference.
- Click on sound.
- Then in sound effects.
- Finally, select “Play sound effects using” select the desired and voila.
To hear the sound effects of the user interface you can
- Select the Apple menu.
- Select “System Preferences.”
- Select the option “Play user interface sound effects” and you’re done.
If you decide to completely eliminate the alert sound that naturally occurs when balancing the sound, you must deactivate the option “Emit sound when changing volume” this option can be executed from your keyboard.
However, if you don’t want to change any sound and just want to turn it off completely, you can also do it in the following way:
- Select Apple menu.
- Select “System Preferences.”
- Go to “Accessibility”.
- Click on the “Audio” option.
- Select “Enable flashing” this option will let you know when you have a message or notification without hearing any sound.
We hope you enjoyed these tips and can now have a better experience adapting your Mac’s sound as you wish.
The MacBook Pro 2021 gets a redesigned MagSafe. We know the details
The MacBook Pro 2021 gets a redesigned MagSafe
In recent weeks, there have been several reports discussing the upcoming 14 ″ and 16 ″ MacBook Pro for 2021. The main author is a respected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo ( accuracy 78.2% ), who claims that the devices will get a sophisticated charging system MagSafe.
Apple returned to its famous connector in 2020, when it introduced its “own” version for the iPhone 12. Apparently, after five years, it will reappear in the MacBook Pro, where we can expect better capabilities than ever before.
The analyst believes that the design of MagSafe will be similar to its latest version, offered until 2016 (for MacBook Pro). However, the connector will provide a faster-charging speed than USB-C, through which we replenish power today.
Interestingly, charging via USB-C is likely to be retained as another alternative. So if you do not have a classic charger for Mac, but only a cable with a USB-C connector, there will be no problem.
Write to us in the comment what your opinion is on MagSafe and whether you will welcome its “rebirth” or you will find it useless. We have liked it very much in the past, but we objectively add that charging via USB-C is not completely pointless. There seems to be something different for everyone.
How to Recover Deleted Downloads Folder on Mac – Step by Step
You have accidentally deleted a file from your computer and you don’t know how to recover it, this article will help you recover it in a very simple way. We will explain how to restore your Mac’s download folder, the steps to describe are safe and reliable, so let’s not wait any longer and let’s get started.
The vast majority of users using a Mac computer use the Downloads folder to delete files that are unnecessary. However, it is also possible that you accidentally delete the download folder, this would mean deleting all the download files. Even if you use the wrong command in the terminal, the copy and paste options may end up deleting this folder.
Where are deleted files hosted on Mac?
Files deleted from a Mac simply go directly to the Recycle Bin, but there are certain processes that can remove them completely. For example, use “Option + Command + Delete”, “Empty trash”, “Command + Delete, these are some, now we show you how to recover the download folder.
How to recover the download folder of your Mac?
Before we begin we want to first understand the basic factors of deleting the “Downloads” folder on your Mac computer.
- When the download folder is deleted, it still exists as a hidden file on the computer.
- If you are going to recover a said folder, you will have to stop doing any other activity on the computer. And if you don’t do this, the data will be overwritten and will not be recovered.
Now let’s go to the steps you will need to recover your download folder from your Mac, we recommend that you follow them to the letter.
- Method 1- Restore the folder from the recycle bin
When you apply the “Command + Delete” it sends the files and folders to the trash, therefore look for the download folder in the “Trash”. If you find the folder, select it, and restore it to its original location, the system usually locates it automatically. If you cannot find the file, you may have already emptied the trash, and in this case, you will have to try another recovery method.
- Method 2- Use the Time Machine to recover files
By backing up the Download folder with Time Machine, you can recover or restore it based on that copy. If I don’t even use this program to back up files then try using the third method to restore the download folder.
- Method 3- Use Mac data recovery software
If the two methods explained above do not work for you, try using an effective data recovery software for your Mac computer. For this case, download and install the Mac Any Data Recovery Pro program, this software is totally reliable and safe for your Mac.
- Steps to use Mac Any Data Recovery Pro
- Launch the program and scan the files you want to scan and want to recover, then click the “Start” button.
- Locate the Downloads folder on your Mac, select the correct hard drive, and hit the “Scan” option.
- Once the scan is complete, choose the files and preview them to check which ones you want to recover. Then select them and click on the “Restore” option so that they are saved in the “Downloads” folder.
As you can see in this way you can recover the download folder of your Mac, they are simple and practical steps to achieve your goal.
Use the Data Recovery Wizard software for Mac
The Data Recovery Wizard software is a program quite currently used to recover files that were deleted on a Mac PC. With its intuitive interface, you can recover data in just 3 simple steps, and thus in this way you can keep the original files.
What things can you do with this program?
- Recover deleted files from trash.
- Recovery of data found on the Mac Hard Drive.
- Restore photos from an SD card.
- If the system crashed and for that reason, some files were lost, then you can use Data Recovery Wizard.
This article helped you restore files that you accidentally deleted from your Mac easily, now we hope you succeed.
How to backup photos to my Mac with or without time machine
If you are an Apple user and you want to learn how to make a backup copy of your photos, then you have come to the right place, since we will teach you how to do it later. It is always advisable to have a backup of photos and files, because if when updating the software we lose all the information due to an error, then you can use your backup to recover everything without problems.
Steps to back up photos to my Mac with Time Machine
Next, we will show you all the steps you must follow to make a backup copy of the photos on my Mac with Time Machine.
- To start you must press the CMD key and the space bar at the same time to open ‘Spotlight’. Later you have to write ‘Time Machine’ and proceed to run the app.
- Next, you have to connect the disk or external device on which you are going to store your backup to back up your files.
- Right after connecting the disk to the computer, the Time Machine program will ask you if you want to use that drive to store the backup you are going to make.
- You will also have to check a box that says ‘Encrypt backup disk’. In this way, you will have to enter a password to access the files saved on the disk. This is an advantage since if the backup falls into the hands of third parties, they will not be able to access your information easily.
- In fact, the official Apple website recommends that we only use one device to save the backups that we make throughout the year. Also remember that if the disk does not have the proper format, you will have to format it from scratch.
- So, to create the password you will have to fill three fields: in the first, you must enter the password you want, then in the second field you have to write the password again and in the last field you can add a clue. This will help you remember it in case it does not come to mind when accessing the hard drive.
- After you finish creating the password, you simply have to click on the option that says ‘Encrypt disk’. In case the disk does not meet the recommended format requirements, then the Time Machine program will ask you if you want to erase the disk completely.
- If you click on the ‘Delete’ option, we remind you that you will permanently delete both the information and the previous formats from the unit where you are going to make the backup. That is why we recommend that you make sure that the disk does not have any relevant document before formatting it.
- In addition, we remind you that if you proceed with the disk formatting, you will have to wait a few minutes until all the files that you had saved are deleted. The more files you delete, the longer this process will take and a notification will appear on the desktop taskbar at the end.
- Now, if you press the option ‘Do not delete’ you will be redirected to the device selection menu to make the backup on your Mac.
How to Backup Photos to My Mac with iCloud Drive
In case you don’t know, all photos and documents that you save in iCloud Drive will be updated on all your Apple devices. In other words, you will be able to access all the synchronized documents from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, which works as a backup copy of your photos.
Set up iCloud Drive on a Mac
- To start you have to turn on your Mac and open the Apple menu. Here you must select the option that says ‘System Preferences’.
- Then click on your Apple ID and select iCloud.
- Now you must log in with your Apple ID and finally select the ‘iCloud Drive’ section.
Set up iCloud Drive on the rest of the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch devices
- First, open the settings menu and click on your Apple ID.
- Then you have to select the ‘iCloud’ section and proceed to activate iCloud Drive.
- You can also find all your iCloud Drive files in the app called Files.
WhatsApp Will Present Chat History Migration Feature Between Android and iOS
SHARE For those of you WhatsApp users who just want to move from Android to iOS or vice versa, they...
Samsung reportedly wants to make a 2-sided foldable smartphone, to be released this year?
SHARE Now many smartphone brands are starting to innovate to bring foldable smartphones. But for now, we can admit that...
Former US Intelligence Boss Calls Many UFO Sightings Still Secret
SHARE Currently, many UFO sightings have been disclosed by the United States government, some have been proven to be false,...
Features of Twitter’s Clubhouse Competitors, Spaces to be Released in April 2021
SHARE Some time ago Twitter has tested a feature called Spaces, which is an audio chat room so that people...
The Latest Windows 10 Update Cause Your Computer Cannot Use the Printer
SHARE The latest Windows update has caused problems for printer owners, according to a Gizmodo report. Users report they get...
What is the best app to edit and slim my body in photos? – Perfect me
SHARE Aesthetics is a latent concern in our lives. We all care about our appearance, and they are only because...
SHARE Recently internet users have been excited by an application called MyHeritage which is said to have a feature to...
Xiaomi is developing a smartphone with 200W fast charging, seriously?
SHARE Xiaomi is now one of the technology companies from China that often brings new innovations to the smartphone industry,...
How to use the INTERVAL.TRUST.NORM function in Excel
SHARE Obtaining accurate statistical results will require the use of multiple tools. Excel is indisputably one of the most prominent,...
How to use Excel function FALSE and EXP correctly – Very easy
SHARE Nowadays it is very common to use different functions in different programs to facilitate the calculations that at a...
Phones2 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones2 years ago
Huawei’s New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech2 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News2 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers