The MacBook Pro 2021 gets a redesigned MagSafe
In recent weeks, there have been several reports discussing the upcoming 14 ″ and 16 ″ MacBook Pro for 2021. The main author is a respected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo ( accuracy 78.2% ), who claims that the devices will get a sophisticated charging system MagSafe.
Apple returned to its famous connector in 2020, when it introduced its “own” version for the iPhone 12. Apparently, after five years, it will reappear in the MacBook Pro, where we can expect better capabilities than ever before.
The analyst believes that the design of MagSafe will be similar to its latest version, offered until 2016 (for MacBook Pro). However, the connector will provide a faster-charging speed than USB-C, through which we replenish power today.
Interestingly, charging via USB-C is likely to be retained as another alternative. So if you do not have a classic charger for Mac, but only a cable with a USB-C connector, there will be no problem.
Write to us in the comment what your opinion is on MagSafe and whether you will welcome its “rebirth” or you will find it useless. We have liked it very much in the past, but we objectively add that charging via USB-C is not completely pointless. There seems to be something different for everyone.
How to Recover Deleted Downloads Folder on Mac – Step by Step
You have accidentally deleted a file from your computer and you don’t know how to recover it, this article will help you recover it in a very simple way. We will explain how to restore your Mac’s download folder, the steps to describe are safe and reliable, so let’s not wait any longer and let’s get started.
The vast majority of users using a Mac computer use the Downloads folder to delete files that are unnecessary. However, it is also possible that you accidentally delete the download folder, this would mean deleting all the download files. Even if you use the wrong command in the terminal, the copy and paste options may end up deleting this folder.
Where are deleted files hosted on Mac?
Files deleted from a Mac simply go directly to the Recycle Bin, but there are certain processes that can remove them completely. For example, use “Option + Command + Delete”, “Empty trash”, “Command + Delete, these are some, now we show you how to recover the download folder.
How to recover the download folder of your Mac?
Before we begin we want to first understand the basic factors of deleting the “Downloads” folder on your Mac computer.
- When the download folder is deleted, it still exists as a hidden file on the computer.
- If you are going to recover a said folder, you will have to stop doing any other activity on the computer. And if you don’t do this, the data will be overwritten and will not be recovered.
Now let’s go to the steps you will need to recover your download folder from your Mac, we recommend that you follow them to the letter.
- Method 1- Restore the folder from the recycle bin
When you apply the “Command + Delete” it sends the files and folders to the trash, therefore look for the download folder in the “Trash”. If you find the folder, select it, and restore it to its original location, the system usually locates it automatically. If you cannot find the file, you may have already emptied the trash, and in this case, you will have to try another recovery method.
- Method 2- Use the Time Machine to recover files
By backing up the Download folder with Time Machine, you can recover or restore it based on that copy. If I don’t even use this program to back up files then try using the third method to restore the download folder.
- Method 3- Use Mac data recovery software
If the two methods explained above do not work for you, try using an effective data recovery software for your Mac computer. For this case, download and install the Mac Any Data Recovery Pro program, this software is totally reliable and safe for your Mac.
- Steps to use Mac Any Data Recovery Pro
- Launch the program and scan the files you want to scan and want to recover, then click the “Start” button.
- Locate the Downloads folder on your Mac, select the correct hard drive, and hit the “Scan” option.
- Once the scan is complete, choose the files and preview them to check which ones you want to recover. Then select them and click on the “Restore” option so that they are saved in the “Downloads” folder.
As you can see in this way you can recover the download folder of your Mac, they are simple and practical steps to achieve your goal.
Use the Data Recovery Wizard software for Mac
The Data Recovery Wizard software is a program quite currently used to recover files that were deleted on a Mac PC. With its intuitive interface, you can recover data in just 3 simple steps, and thus in this way you can keep the original files.
What things can you do with this program?
- Recover deleted files from trash.
- Recovery of data found on the Mac Hard Drive.
- Restore photos from an SD card.
- If the system crashed and for that reason, some files were lost, then you can use Data Recovery Wizard.
This article helped you restore files that you accidentally deleted from your Mac easily, now we hope you succeed.
How to backup photos to my Mac with or without time machine
If you are an Apple user and you want to learn how to make a backup copy of your photos, then you have come to the right place, since we will teach you how to do it later. It is always advisable to have a backup of photos and files, because if when updating the software we lose all the information due to an error, then you can use your backup to recover everything without problems.
Steps to back up photos to my Mac with Time Machine
Next, we will show you all the steps you must follow to make a backup copy of the photos on my Mac with Time Machine.
- To start you must press the CMD key and the space bar at the same time to open ‘Spotlight’. Later you have to write ‘Time Machine’ and proceed to run the app.
- Next, you have to connect the disk or external device on which you are going to store your backup to back up your files.
- Right after connecting the disk to the computer, the Time Machine program will ask you if you want to use that drive to store the backup you are going to make.
- You will also have to check a box that says ‘Encrypt backup disk’. In this way, you will have to enter a password to access the files saved on the disk. This is an advantage since if the backup falls into the hands of third parties, they will not be able to access your information easily.
- In fact, the official Apple website recommends that we only use one device to save the backups that we make throughout the year. Also remember that if the disk does not have the proper format, you will have to format it from scratch.
- So, to create the password you will have to fill three fields: in the first, you must enter the password you want, then in the second field you have to write the password again and in the last field you can add a clue. This will help you remember it in case it does not come to mind when accessing the hard drive.
- After you finish creating the password, you simply have to click on the option that says ‘Encrypt disk’. In case the disk does not meet the recommended format requirements, then the Time Machine program will ask you if you want to erase the disk completely.
- If you click on the ‘Delete’ option, we remind you that you will permanently delete both the information and the previous formats from the unit where you are going to make the backup. That is why we recommend that you make sure that the disk does not have any relevant document before formatting it.
- In addition, we remind you that if you proceed with the disk formatting, you will have to wait a few minutes until all the files that you had saved are deleted. The more files you delete, the longer this process will take and a notification will appear on the desktop taskbar at the end.
- Now, if you press the option ‘Do not delete’ you will be redirected to the device selection menu to make the backup on your Mac.
How to Backup Photos to My Mac with iCloud Drive
In case you don’t know, all photos and documents that you save in iCloud Drive will be updated on all your Apple devices. In other words, you will be able to access all the synchronized documents from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, which works as a backup copy of your photos.
Set up iCloud Drive on a Mac
- To start you have to turn on your Mac and open the Apple menu. Here you must select the option that says ‘System Preferences’.
- Then click on your Apple ID and select iCloud.
- Now you must log in with your Apple ID and finally select the ‘iCloud Drive’ section.
Set up iCloud Drive on the rest of the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch devices
- First, open the settings menu and click on your Apple ID.
- Then you have to select the ‘iCloud’ section and proceed to activate iCloud Drive.
- You can also find all your iCloud Drive files in the app called Files.
How to create shortcuts to web pages on the desktop of my Mac computer
If you are one of those people who wants to have their links at hand that quickly direct them to an app or website, stay with us as we will show you how to create shortcuts on the desktop of your Mac computer.
If you are a new Mac user, like those who do not have to know the hidden functions of their Mac and still do not know how to do it, fear not, here we will teach you how to do it by following simple steps. In addition, we will give you a brief summary of the shortcuts, folders, and URLs that you can have on hand on your Mac computer.
Create shortcuts to your folders and URLs on your Mac
In Mac, the shortcuts are known as “Aliases” this establishes its function as a link that redirects directly to the main application, this “alias” modify it and change the name and place it where you want, in this case on the desktop.
To create the shortcut or “alias” the first thing you should do is locate the apps on your Mac, page address, or folder for which you want to create shortcuts.
An important aspect of the shortcuts is that they will allow you to work comfortably, many times it is a bit tedious work to search for an application within folders to be able to use it or an important URL and you must look in the history or in your email tray.
With this direct access option, you will save all that work and without a doubt, you will be able to save a lot of time when working from your Mac. Pay close attention as we will show you below, the steps you must take when creating the shortcut of a web page.
Create a shortcut of a page on your Mac by following these steps
To create direct access to a URL or web address you must, as a first step, access the desired web. But before doing so, we recommend that you log in with your account, so you will avoid having so many permissions appear to make your direct access.
After you are on the desired page, copy the URL of the page and drag it to the desktop. The page shortcut will automatically be created on your desktop.
Change the name of your shortcut
As you have seen, the procedure to create a shortcut on Mac is very simple. On the other hand, if you want to change the name, follow these steps:
* Once you have created the shortcut or “alias” on your desktop you can proceed to change the name quickly through the information panel.
- To open it you must click the right button of your mouse on the created shortcut and select the drop-down menu
- Select “get information”, select “name and extension” and there will appear the option or box where you can change the name of the shortcut.
* If you want to save all that work, just press the keys ” cmd. + I ” on the desired icon and it will automatically direct you to the box where you can change the name of the access.
Create a shortcut for your applications and folders
To create a shortcut for an application or folder you must go to Finder and in the Dock (application bar) select the application or folder you want to create the shortcut. Remember that if you want to create a shortcut for an application, it must be installed correctly on the computer.
The shortcuts will appear in the application bar. For more detailed information on the subject, you can seek help on Mac support. To create the shortcut on the desktop, you just have to follow these steps:
- From the top menu select “File”.
- Select the option “Create aliases.”
- Then select the folder or application and the shortcut will automatically be created on the desktop.
Create a shortcut in the Dock
To create the shortcut and place it in the Dock you must enter the applications folder and drag it to the position you want in the Dock, yes, that simple. If that doesn’t work, try resetting your Mac’s Dock settings. We recommend placing it in an empty space in the Dock and after the access has been created you can position it as you wish.
DJI Announces Its First Person Hybrid Drone, Named FPV
SHARE DJI has just launched FPV, a hybrid drone that combines First Person Perspective with speed and agility. This drone...
Apple Returns to Open All Its Stores in the US After Approximately 1 Year Shut Down
SHARE Apple has just decided to reopen all of its offline stores in the US after a year of closure...
How to fix Chrome ‘ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED’ error in Windows 10
SHARE Through the following guide you will learn how to fix the ‘ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED’ error in Chrome in Windows 10, a...
Is the Clubhouse App Safe to Use?
SHARE Clubhouse voice calling application is now very widely used by people. This application, which is still present on iOS...
How to add and create a new administrator or guest user accounts in Windows 10
SHARE Next, a simple method will be presented to be able to add and create guest or administrator user accounts...
What is the Excel function ISERROR and ISERR used and used for?
SHARE Within Excel there are different functions that are part of the group called ES, which in turn are in...
How to convert a binary number to hexadecimal in Excel with the HEX.A.DEC function
SHARE Communication between human beings is based on the exchange of opinions, cultures, and other relevant aspects, many of these...
Bill Gates wants to use nuclear power in the future, what do you think?
SHARE Bill Gates said that nuclear energy is very useful in the future, even though the use of this energy...
This is the Hyperloop, the Future Train That Will Be Faster Than Aircraft
SHARE Hyperloop is a transportation concept that was introduced in 2013. It looks like a train but its speed is...
Twitter is developing new features that will make you feel relaxed
SHARE It is reported that Twitter is working on a new feature that will automatically detect and block an account...
Phones2 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones2 years ago
Huawei’s New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech1 year ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News2 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers