The Windows key is small in size but multiple in its functions, it is available in the system to provide a wide range of utilities; that will facilitate the work in the different tasks to be carried out.
This is known as the home key or super key for its multiple functions and directions that it gives to the monitor on your screen when you use it.
What is it and where do I find the Windows key on my keyboard?
Many people in their homes have or have ever had a computer, either from any other brand except Apple; since all the others are worked with the same operating system from the giant Microsoft. These computers have been a useful tool for almost all users and have advanced in terms of their design, adaptability, and operation.
Currently, Microsoft Windows brings a key with the company logo on their PCs; which in principle identifies that it works with this system and second is that it allows enabling programs and other platforms with which the computer is installed.
This key is a tool used on the computer to manage Microsoft Windows, which is located at the bottom of the keyboard between Ctrl and Alt; This has a very wide utility and allows us to directly enter the menu; providing us with a range of open windows to introduce us to the innovation of experiences for daily living, also obtaining effective learning.
What are the functions of the Windows key?
Generally, many people are unaware of all the functions that this small but very important key has, and if they knew it thoroughly they would save time and; at the same time, the task or activities they wish to carry out would be made easier by using it.
Without it, it would be impossible to capture new knowledge through the computer, in the area, we are wanting to enter; although we will also find the variant in the Windows key when giving it the correct use and this is where we classify it as the Windows key and the pause; the Windows R key that knowing how to use it appropriately will result in quick access to the desired information in the system.
The previous original keyboards of the computer with 101 or 102 keys, did not have Windows keys, but nevertheless, it was in the launch of Windows 95 and when the change was made to keyboards with 104 and 105 keys it was that this became the standard key.
With it we can see a drop-down menu that presents us if we press it; There will be all the programs, platforms, browsers, games, and other applications or tools that are installed from the factory and those that we add to this list for our functionality. Basically, it is a key piece to have access to everything on the pc.
Most used shortcuts and combination of the Windows key and its function
This key is identified and we can use it in various combinations in the sum of two Windows keys and a menu key marks the transformation of the keyboard; both to get help and to copy, paste, cut, put text in bold.
Also to undo an action, underline a highlighting or important text, delete a file, capture the screen, take a picture of the required window, close a web page, restart Windows or close, open the start screen.
It is so incredible that it even allows you to switch between the applications that are open, minimize the window or all of them and even restore them, also open the task manager and make it not hide and the system properties.
We will not find the same organization of the keys in the same sense on keyboards. This small key has many functions, accompanied by ALT, SHIFT, or CTRL, it helps us to immediately introduce ourselves to the activities to be carried out without going to the menu, also knowing its functions would allow us to save time in the tasks to be elaborated.
This key that favors us every day allows us to take shortcuts even every time the system is updated, although it was introduced with Windows 95.
Shortcuts in Windows 10
Windows + M that minimize the windows that are opened without being able to maximize them again if pressed again, Windows + L gives way to lock the screen and to unlock the password is used, Windows + Tab generates a total view of all virtual desktops, these among others also includes these among others that include Windows 8.
It should be noted that in Windows 10, in addition to the functions in the different combinations of this key, there are others that are not so easy to remember to use; but with practice, they are memorized and learned through experience as constant users.
It would start with a few combinations and add little by little arriving at a time when you can use them easily and properly.
So the correct use of this simple little key; but great in functions and executions will result in an effective and wonderful job, being satisfied at the time of doing it.
Shortcuts in Windows 8
For the Windows 8 version, the key grants a series of characteristic shortcuts that differentiate it from other programs. Here you can find out what some of them are.
- You can search apps with Windows + Q
- Windows + C to go to the toolbar of this version
- Windows + I to go to general settings
- Windows + O for the block menu
- Windows + D to show or hide the taskbar
- Windows + L is used to block the PC
- Windows + E to open the PC
- Windows + H is for sharing
- Windows + X to go to the tools menu
- Windows + up arrow to maximize the window where you are
- Windows + U to go to the Ease of Access Center
Shortcuts in Windows 7
In the event that you have the Windows 7 version from Microsoft; you need to know which shortcuts to apply from the keyboard of your PC just by pressing the Windows key and any other. With us, you will learn some of these functions that can be of great help to you.
To open the notification area of the taskbar use (Windows + B); if you want to change the taskbar application (Windows + T); so that you open the file explorer (Windows + E); to minimize idle benefits you can use (Windows + Start).
Now, you can show or hide the desktop with (Windows + D); also if you want to open the popup that says ‘run’ (Windows + R) and; to search for files and folders press (Windows + F).
How can I disable the Windows key?
For many, being able to deactivate the Windows key is a challenge, since its procedure is a bit longer and requires a certain protocol. However, it is understood that it is possible to disable the Windows key from any computer. The steps to follow are those:
- Open Windows startup and search for ‘registry editor’
- In this day double click on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder
- Then you open SYSTEM and then CurrentControlSet
- Once there, slide the cursor and scroll down until you get Keyboard Layout
- After you click on edit or edit, in the drop-down menu you select new and put ‘binary value’
- Assign to this created value the name of ‘Scancode Map’ and press on accept
- Then you enter the following binary code ‘00000000000000000300000000005BE000005CE000000000’ separated in pairs
- After that, click on accept to confirm the change.
- Finally, you close all the tabs and programs, restart your pc and when you turn on you will see that it will no longer be enabled
To reverse the action, you just have to do the process again , the only thing you have to add is that in the created value you must change them or delete all the values; You can also delete the folder and restart the computer again and it will be activated again.
Did You Know, You Can Upgrade Windows 7 To Windows 11 Via Inplace Upgrade
How To Upgrade Windows 7 To Windows 11
Upgrade Windows 7 To Windows 11 : As we know, Microsoft released Windows 11 with lots of requirements that we need to adjust, and of course, previously there was no way to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 except from Windows 10.
But recently there is an interesting trick that makes it no longer impossible, where it turns out that we can upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 with a fairly simple trick.
You can see the tutorial itself in the video from NTDEV below.
Based on the video above, you only need Windows 11 ISO, Windows 10 ISO TH1 (1507) or TH2 (1511) and gimagex _x64. Then you can follow these short steps:
- Unzip Windows 10 TH1 or TH2 ISO on PC
- Copy UpgradeMatrix.xml from unzipped ISO to desktop
- Mount ISO Windows 11 dan copy install.wim kedalam ISO Windows 10
- Next, run the inplace upgrade as usual, and you can install Windows 11 as usual.
Looks easy doesn’t it?, please try it, maybe later I will also write a more complete article about this in the next tutorial.
What do you think? comment below guys.
How to install Windows 7 from USB – step by step
Many times, when it comes to repairing or formatting a computer, we come across an important problem: that it does not have a CD or DVD drive through which we can perform these actions. However, this problem has a much easier solution than you think, a method that only requires a bootable USB, compatible with the built-in USB inputs in all types of equipment.
Don’t you know what a bootable USB is? Do you know what it is but you don’t know how to make your USB drive bootable? Do you need to format a computer that doesn’t have a CD or DVD reader? Don’t worry, we answer all these questions and also show you how to install Windows 7 from USB – step by step. Let’s go there!
What is a bootable USB
A bootable USB drive has the function of housing an operating system or software that, in addition, can be booted from the start of the computer, allowing adjustments to be made to the computer’s base system or completely formatted. Bootable USBs have the same functions as a CD or DVD, but also offer the possibility of storing other files on their memory, since it shares the peculiarities of a classic USB and a bootable drive.
These bootable USB drives are ideal for newer computers since these usually do not have a built-in CD or DVD drive and, without bootable USB drives, these computers would have serious problems repairing and booting their system in certain cases, as well as formatting them completely. For their part, these drives are so versatile that they also allow data recovery, complete systems administration, and many other functions without the need to affect computer files; the best of all? you can change its functions as many times as necessary without any risk.
In a bootable USB drive, you can install a complete operating system and use it from a computer with a different system and, in addition, you can also install any type of software, from editing programs to video games. To create your own bootable USB with Windows 7, follow the steps below:
- The first thing you should do is make your USB bootable or bootable. To do this, connect your USB drive to your computer and check that it has 4 or more GB of storage.
- Next, go to the Windows “Start” menu and select the “All Programs” option. Go to “Accessories” and right-click on “Command Prompt”. You must run this last option as an administrator.
- When the MS-DOS pop-up window opens (you will recognize it by its black background), you will see new commands that will tell the system that the USB drive should be made Bootable. To achieve this, type “diskpart” and hit “Enter”.
- After this step, you must wait for the word “diskpart” to appear again and type “list disk” before pressing Enter. When you have done this, the storage disk units that your computer has will appear, even removable ones such as USB.
- Don’t get lost, because to carry out the next step, you will have to write “select disk” plus the number or letter to which the USB drive belongs. Once again, hit Enter.
- Then type “clean” and hit Enter; This last action is the one that will finally format the USB drive. You must be very careful not to select the wrong unit.
- When this action has been processed, type “create partition primary” and hit Enter. Keep typing “select partition 1” and hit Enter again. When you’ve done this, type “active” and, as always, hit Enter.
- We’re done, so pay close attention to the last two steps: type “format fs = ntfs” and hit Enter. Wait for the process to finish and when it’s ready, type “assign” and hit Enter again.
- To complete the process, you will only have to type “exit”. You can now enjoy your bootable USB.
Also Read:- Upgrade Windows 7 To Windows 11
How to download Windows 7
To download the Windows 7 operating system to your computer as an ISO image, you just have to follow the steps that we will present below. However, before you start the download, you should make sure you meet these requirements :
- The first thing you must have to download Windows 7 through its official website is the product key because without it you will not be able to download the software.
- You must have a stable internet connection.
- Have enough space on the computer’s hard drive or on the USB drive where it will be stored (minimum 4 GB).
- In addition, you should consult the minimum requirements that the computer where Windows 7 will be installed must-have.
With the aforementioned results, we are going to proceed with the step by step of how to download Windows 7 below:
- Enter the product key in the box where it is required, keep in mind that it consists of 25 characters. The key to download Windows 7 is in the box of the purchased product, either in physical version or online through an email that you will have received after purchase.
- After verifying the validation key of the operating system, you must select the language you want from the pop-up menu.
- Next, and this is one of the most important steps, you must select the version of Windows that best suits your computer, be it 32 or 64 bits. Keep in mind that you will receive both versions through the links.
- After selecting the correct version from the link, the download will start automatically.
How to install Windows 7 from USB: step by step
As we have seen, downloading Windows 7 is an easy task, so now you just have to take it to your bootable USB drive and install it on the computers you want. Find out how to install Windows 7 from a pen drive with the step by step that we present below:
- The first thing you should do, and already having a bootable USB, is to copy the Windows 7 software to the unit. Remember that if you have an ISO image you must unzip it before copying it to USB.
- Next, you must turn off your computer in order to insert the bootable USB drive with the copied operating system. To access the system boot panel, you must turn on the computer and press any of the F12, F9, F11, F8, F10 or ESC keys + any of the aforementioned keys or TAB.
- Once you are inside the boot system menu, look for the option “Boot Menu” and press Enter.
- As soon as you can enter the Boot Menu, look for the “USB” option and hit Enter again. In some cases, this option may be presented to you under the name “Removable Devices.”
- Next, go to the “exit” option and wait for the computer to restart to boot with the bootable USB drive.
- Once the Windows 7 operating system installer starts, you will only have to follow the instructions that the installation wizard will indicate.
After this last step, you will already know how to install Windows 7 from USB and you will be able to enjoy this modern version as much as you want.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to install Windows 7 from USB – step by step, we recommend that you enter our PC-Tutorials category.
How to Fix a Slow Refreshing File Explorer
In the past few days, I have experienced a problem that I often encounter with the File Explorer Windows 10 that I use, where when I’m at work, for example, I want to create a new folder, the folder is created, but it doesn’t appear like File Explorer doesn’t refresh the directory list, the same the case when renaming where the folder name is still the same.
Because I often encounter this problem when I am out of the house, one thing that makes me suspicious is a problem with Quick Access which might make File Explorer slow and even fail to auto-refresh. Then what is the problem?
Well in my case with this problem, please note that I usually save the network folder in Quick Access for faster access, you can see the article itself on the following page: How to Quickly Access Network Folder in Windows 10
At home, File Explorer looks fine and there are no problems, as long as the network and network folders that I save can be accessed properly, but when outside, File Explorer becomes quite problematic, so to fix this problem, I simply delete the existing Network Folder in Quick Access only.
The same thing might happen to you, and if you find File Explorer Slow Refreshing, you can check it. But if it turns out that the problem is not from there, you can check the following things.
Cek File System
To check for possible errors with the Windows file system, you can open Command Prompt as Admin and type the following command:
And if there is a problem, usually the system will automatically fix it. But if it still fails, there are several other steps you can try, including:
Restart File Explorer via Task Manager
Please open Task Manager > on the Process tab, please search for Windows Explorer and click Restart.
Now, please try some of the steps above, in my case this problem was caused by the Network Folder that I saved in Quick Access, if by chance you also have it, please delete the folder and please restart File Explorer via Task Manager, the problem should now be resolved.
How? have you got enlightenment? if so, hopefully, this article will be useful, but if you have other steps and maybe there are other different causes, don’t hesitate to share your experiences below guys.
How to Fix Broken SD Card/Micro SD on Android Without Using a PC/Laptop
SHARE More SD Card or Micro SD is one way to increase storage capacity on Android phones, but there are...
How to Hide Notifications When Lock Screen on Android Phone
SHARE More In the default settings, a notification on an android phone is set so that it allows us to...
How to Overcome Camera Can’t Focus on Android
SHARE More When the camera focus feature doesn’t work correctly or doesn’t work at all on an Android phone, one...
How to Convert JPEG Format to Excel
SHARE More Do you want to convert a JPEG file to Excel? The answer is Yes. As we know, a...
How to Overcome Windows 11 Can’t Drag and Drop
SHARE More Since Microsoft officially released Windows 11 to the public. Users commonly use several features that do not function...
Windows 12 in 2024? Microsoft may move to the three-year release cycle
SHARE More With Windows 11, Microsoft introduced an annual release cycle of significant operating system releases. This could change with...
Instagram Adds Paid Content Features
SHARE More The Instagram platform has just added several new features for content that can only be accessed through subscriptions....
How to Update Drivers in Windows 11 Automatically
SHARE More If you want to update the drivers of windows 11 automatically, we will guide you step by step....
Why is Youtube Go Not on the Google Play Store?
SHARE More YouTube Go is another version of the youtube application, one of the features of this youtube go is...
How to fix Redmi Airdots that can’t be charged
SHARE More Are you looking for a solution to Redmi Airdots Charging Problem? We will give you proper details on...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones3 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones3 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech3 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News3 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers