Just as you can lose your iPhone or iPad, you may either forget your computer or it may be stolen. This is why it is necessary that you have the Find My poppy option configured, because that way, in case it happens, you will be able to find it in a few simple steps. In this post, we will tell you how to configure it.
In case of loss or theft, you can find your computer in a few minutes, you must have the Find My Mac option enabled. As with other Apple devices such as the iPhone or iPad, this option allows you to find your device through any other. It works just like any other Apple device, and it can be very useful if you are someone who goes everywhere with your computer or if you are a little absent and can lose or forget it anywhere.
What is Find My Mac for?
As we have said before, this option is used so that you can find your computer if it is stolen or lost. It is true that it is difficult to lose a laptop, but you can forget it somewhere, inside a backpack or bag. Therefore, it is important to always have this option enabled. It makes no major changes to how your Mac works, so you have no excuse for not activating it.
You probably already know how this system works on an iPhone since at some point we all had to look for a mobile, either ours or a friend or acquaintance. On Mac it works pretty much the same, you just need to activate it and with your iCloud account, you will be able to find it.
Procedure to configure it
- On the Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud. If you are prompted to sign in, enter your Apple ID or, if you do not have one, click Create New Apple ID and follow the instructions.
- Select Find My Mac. If you are prompted to confirm that Find My Mac is using the location of your Mac, click Allow.
- If a Details button appears next to Find My Mac, click the button, select “Open Security & Privacy,” and then select “Turn on-location services.”
- The Details button appears if location services are turned off in the security and privacy settings.
- If “Turn on location services” is dimmed in “Security and privacy”, click on the lock icon and enter the name and password of a computer administrator.
- For added security, make sure all user accounts have strong passwords and automatic login is turned off in the settings for users and groups.
- For instructions, see Changing the Mac Login Password. To open the Users and Groups settings, choose Apple menu> System Preferences, and then click Users And Groups.
So you can find it
When you need to locate and protect your missing Mac, do one of the following:
- Use another computer: Go to icloud.com/find to use the Find My iPhone app on iCloud.com. Use a Mac or Windows browser that meets iCloud system requirements.
- Use an iOS device – Use the Find My iPhone app.
- For more information, tap Help in the Find My iPhone app.
With the Find My iPhone app on iCloud.com or on an iOS device, you can:
- Find your Mac on a map: See the approximate location of your Mac when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Play a sound with your Mac: If you think you’ve lost your Mac somewhere nearby, you can have it play a sound to help you find it. This option is most commonly used on smaller Apple devices, such as the Apple Watch.
- Lock your Mac: If you can’t find your Mac, you can lock it with a password so no one else can use it. This may be the first step to follow if you suspect it may have been stolen or if you do not want anyone to know the information you have stored.
- Wipe poppy – Remotely wipe everything on your Mac and lock it with a password so no one else can use it.
- Before deleting your Mac, try to find it on a map and make it play a sound. After removing it, you will not be able to use Find My iPhone for these processes. However, you can see the location where you were last connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Note that if your Mac is turned off or disconnected when you try to do any of the above, the actions will occur the next time your computer connects to the Internet. For this reason, you need to make sure it has an internet connection because if you try to look for it and it does not have it, it will not help and you will have to look at the app all day long.
If you cannot find your Mac or have not configured Find My
Find My Mac is the only Apple service that can help you track down or locate a missing Mac. If you have not set up Find My Mac before losing it, or if you cannot find it, these steps can help you protect your data:
- Change your Apple ID password to prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (like iMessage or iTunes) from your Mac.
- Change the password for other accounts you use with your Mac, such as email, banking and social networking accounts like Facebook or Twitter.
- Report your Mac lost or stolen to the police. You may be asked to enter your computer’s serial number. You can find this information on the original box or receipt you received when you purchased your Mac.
- Another option you can do is to search websites for buying and selling used products. This would not be the first time a user has recovered their stolen device thanks to this type of portal.
How to take a screenshot on my Mac computer What ways are there?
Having a form or tool that allows you to take screenshots on your Mac computer is of the utmost importance since nowadays images are a fundamental part of everyday life.
Therefore, if you have a tool that allows you to take screenshots, you will be able to save for posterity any type of information that is shown on the display of your Mac computer.
With this in mind, we will show you the ways that exist and that you have at your fingertips to take a screenshot on your Mac computer quickly and easily.
Ways to take a screenshot on my Mac computer
Screenshots or screenshots are one of the most useful tools to save any window that is open on your Mac computer in image format. Therefore, it is essential to know the different ways you can take a screenshot on your Mac PC.
Take a screenshot on Mac from the keyboard
One of the easiest ways to take a screenshot on your Mac computer is through the commands available for this purpose on the computer keyboard.
Therefore, in case you want to automatically save the screenshot, you must simultaneously press the Shift + Command + 3 keys to take a complete screenshot of the window in which you are. In case you prefer that the capture is saved in the clipboard of your computer, you have to press the keys Shift + Control + Command + 3.
On the other hand, if you want to get a screenshot of a certain area of a window on your Mac, you must press Shift + Command + 4 on your keyboard. When you do this, a cross will appear that will allow you to select the screen area you want to capture. You must hold down the space bar while making the selection. To finish, you will only have to release the mouse button.
Take a screenshot on Mac instantly
While having combinations or shortcuts on the Mac keyboard to take screenshots is a useful tool, sometimes it can be tedious for some to have to memorize these commands. In this case, you can integrate a program on your computer that allows you to take screenshots, or use those that are already integrated into your Mac.
Such is the case of Grab or Snapshot, which is a program that is previously integrated into Mac OS computers of any version. To enter this program you must open the ‘Finder’ and then ‘Applications’. Now, in the ‘Utilities’ folder, you must locate and select the Grab / Snapshot program.
Once there, to take a screenshot of any window on your Mac, you must select the ‘Capture’ option that is displayed in the program menu. In this way, a series of options will be shown so that you can choose one of your preferences when capturing the view of your screen.
Where are the screenshots saved on my Mac computer?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions by those who take screenshots on a Mac computer. Well, once it has been taken, no indication is shown of where the image file produced has been located to find it later.
Therefore, once you have taken the screen capture on your Mac computer, whatever method you have preferred to use, it will be automatically saved in your PC’s storage. You can find all the screenshots taken on your Mac desktop.
Likewise, these screenshots have in their filename the exact time and date when they were taken. Also, the screenshots you take on your Mac computer will be a PNG image file.
On the other hand, we recommend that you group the files on your Mac desktop in a stack, so that it is easier to locate the screenshots you have taken. Keep in mind that if you take captures on a regular basis it is likely that your desktop will fill up regularly.
The MacBook Pro 2021 gets a redesigned MagSafe. We know the details
The MacBook Pro 2021 gets a redesigned MagSafe
In recent weeks, there have been several reports discussing the upcoming 14 ″ and 16 ″ MacBook Pro for 2021. The main author is a respected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo ( accuracy 78.2% ), who claims that the devices will get a sophisticated charging system MagSafe.
Apple returned to its famous connector in 2020, when it introduced its “own” version for the iPhone 12. Apparently, after five years, it will reappear in the MacBook Pro, where we can expect better capabilities than ever before.
The analyst believes that the design of MagSafe will be similar to its latest version, offered until 2016 (for MacBook Pro). However, the connector will provide a faster-charging speed than USB-C, through which we replenish power today.
Interestingly, charging via USB-C is likely to be retained as another alternative. So if you do not have a classic charger for Mac, but only a cable with a USB-C connector, there will be no problem.
Write to us in the comment what your opinion is on MagSafe and whether you will welcome its “rebirth” or you will find it useless. We have liked it very much in the past, but we objectively add that charging via USB-C is not completely pointless. There seems to be something different for everyone.
How to Recover Deleted Downloads Folder on Mac – Step by Step
You have accidentally deleted a file from your computer and you don’t know how to recover it, this article will help you recover it in a very simple way. We will explain how to restore your Mac’s download folder, the steps to describe are safe and reliable, so let’s not wait any longer and let’s get started.
The vast majority of users using a Mac computer use the Downloads folder to delete files that are unnecessary. However, it is also possible that you accidentally delete the download folder, this would mean deleting all the download files. Even if you use the wrong command in the terminal, the copy and paste options may end up deleting this folder.
Where are deleted files hosted on Mac?
Files deleted from a Mac simply go directly to the Recycle Bin, but there are certain processes that can remove them completely. For example, use “Option + Command + Delete”, “Empty trash”, “Command + Delete, these are some, now we show you how to recover the download folder.
How to recover the download folder of your Mac?
Before we begin we want to first understand the basic factors of deleting the “Downloads” folder on your Mac computer.
- When the download folder is deleted, it still exists as a hidden file on the computer.
- If you are going to recover a said folder, you will have to stop doing any other activity on the computer. And if you don’t do this, the data will be overwritten and will not be recovered.
Now let’s go to the steps you will need to recover your download folder from your Mac, we recommend that you follow them to the letter.
- Method 1- Restore the folder from the recycle bin
When you apply the “Command + Delete” it sends the files and folders to the trash, therefore look for the download folder in the “Trash”. If you find the folder, select it, and restore it to its original location, the system usually locates it automatically. If you cannot find the file, you may have already emptied the trash, and in this case, you will have to try another recovery method.
- Method 2- Use the Time Machine to recover files
By backing up the Download folder with Time Machine, you can recover or restore it based on that copy. If I don’t even use this program to back up files then try using the third method to restore the download folder.
- Method 3- Use Mac data recovery software
If the two methods explained above do not work for you, try using an effective data recovery software for your Mac computer. For this case, download and install the Mac Any Data Recovery Pro program, this software is totally reliable and safe for your Mac.
- Steps to use Mac Any Data Recovery Pro
- Launch the program and scan the files you want to scan and want to recover, then click the “Start” button.
- Locate the Downloads folder on your Mac, select the correct hard drive, and hit the “Scan” option.
- Once the scan is complete, choose the files and preview them to check which ones you want to recover. Then select them and click on the “Restore” option so that they are saved in the “Downloads” folder.
As you can see in this way you can recover the download folder of your Mac, they are simple and practical steps to achieve your goal.
Use the Data Recovery Wizard software for Mac
The Data Recovery Wizard software is a program quite currently used to recover files that were deleted on a Mac PC. With its intuitive interface, you can recover data in just 3 simple steps, and thus in this way you can keep the original files.
What things can you do with this program?
- Recover deleted files from trash.
- Recovery of data found on the Mac Hard Drive.
- Restore photos from an SD card.
- If the system crashed and for that reason, some files were lost, then you can use Data Recovery Wizard.
This article helped you restore files that you accidentally deleted from your Mac easily, now we hope you succeed.
How to Block Spam and Scam SMS on Android
SHARE More Since messaging services using an internet connection are increasingly being used. Text messaging or SMS services are increasingly...
How to make an Android phone a remote even though it doesn’t have an infrared feature
SHARE More Android phones do have a lot of features that can make it easier for us to do our...
How to Save and Maximize RAM Capacity on Android Phones
SHARE More RAM on an android phone is used to store temporary data on your android while doing any activity...
Cool Stylish Text generator Tools List
SHARE More Are you looking for the Best Fancy Fonts generators if yes then We have found some awesome websites...
Tips and Ways to Make Android Storage Not Full
SHARE More There are quite a number of applications and games on Android phones that have a large enough capacity,...
USB 4.0 New Generation of USB With Ultra-Fast Data Transfer Speed
SHARE More Currently, USB is still the standard for transferring cable-based data, in this latest generation, version 4.0, there is...
How to Restore Deleted Telegram Chats
SHARE More Is it possible to restore chats, photos, and other files in the Telegram app? If you accidentally or...
How to Find Hidden Apps on Android Phone
SHARE More Lately, there are quite a few cases of tracking using hidden applications on Android phones; in addition to...
How to Fix Broken SD Card/Micro SD on Android Without Using a PC/Laptop
SHARE More SD Card or Micro SD is one way to increase storage capacity on Android phones, but there are...
How to Hide Notifications When Lock Screen on Android Phone
SHARE More In the default settings, a notification on an android phone is set so that it allows us to...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones3 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones3 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech3 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News3 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers