How to automatically generate serial numbers in Microsoft Excel will not only help work but also save time.
Although it looks simple, the use of serial numbers is something that is most often done.
Relax, there is a very easy way to make various kinds of serial numbers, really.
What are the ways? Come on, continue to follow this tutorial!
HOW TO MAKE AN AUTOMATIC SERIAL NUMBER
If you have been writing down the numbers one by one, then you will be wasting a lot of time, because there is a much faster way.
The first way we will learn is AutoFill. Without using a formula, you just drag it.
- write down two consecutive numbers, then do the selection of the two numbers.
2. Then a small box will appear on the bottom right side, all you need to do is click and hold and drag it downwards.
Although it is very easy and practical, unfortunately, this method will not be suitable if you apply it with numbers up to hundreds, because you have to pull it all the way down.
But calm down, there are other ways that are no less easy, really.
Excel Fill Menu
The next method that you can apply is the Excel Fill Menu. The method is also still relatively easy and fast.
- Write the first number, and on the Fill, menu selects Series like this.
2. After the Series menu appears, select Columns to make serial numbers downward, and in Type select Linear.
3. For The Step Value is the initial number you want, and for the Stop Value is the final number you want.
4. After everything is filled in, click Ok and whatever number you write will be filled in.
It’s very easy, that’s for sure.
So many tutorials this time, how? Are you ready to try?
How to Create a Table in Microsoft Excel
How to create a table in Microsoft Excel is very easy, you know, because basically, Excel consists of tables and a number processor.
The use of internal tables in this number processing software has become one of the things that are definitely needed, guys. Especially if you play with a lot of data in it.
However, until now there may still be many who do not know how to make it. Therefore, we will provide a complete tutorial for you.
But before going into the steps, you need to know a few things about the following table.
Table of Contents :
HOW TO CREATE A TABLE IN MICROSOFT EXCEL
Before creating a table, make sure you already have the data and already know what kind of table you want to create.
Btw, do you know what a table is? And how is it different from tables in other software?
What is a Table in Excel?
Tables are a feature that can help you group data together, so the data you have is easier to read.
Like tables in general, this number processing software also consists of columns and rows that you can adjust the amount according to your needs.
Table Functions in Microsoft Excel
The main function of a table in Excel is to add rows of data without changing the writing structure that has been created.
No less important, the tables in this number processing software can serve to make your data look more attractive and easy to understand.
You can edit the table as needed, so the existence of the table feature is very important for making a data report.
How to Create a Table in Microsoft Excel
To make it is quite easy, you know. Do not believe? Take a look at the tutorial below.
If you think how to create a table in Microsoft Excel requires additional applications, then you are wrong guys. Because you can create tables directly, without third-party applications. So, this is the way.
- The first step, open Microsoft Excel on your PC.
- The block of data that you want to insert into the table.
- Then, click Insert – Table.
- Then, make sure the data you want to enter into the table is correct.
- Finally, click OK.
Finished! If you think the table made is less attractive, you can edit it on the Table Style menu. In addition, you can also change the color of the column to make it easier for others to read.
How? How to make a table in Microsoft Excel is really easy, right?
So, good luck with that!
How to calculate weighted average or weighted average in Excel
Simply having an Excel spreadsheet program installed on any of our devices, be it a desktop or a laptop, is an advantage for us, as long as we know how best to use it. Because in it we can perform an infinite number of operations, among which we can mention the calculation of the weighted average.
Excel is a very versatile tool that helps us perform many tasks and has an infinite number of functions to offer. Among them are: creating many types of charts, issuing invoices, keeping records and organizing various data, easy mathematical operations on the entered data, among we can mention data summation, among many applications for which we can assign it.
It should also be mentioned that this program allows us to work or share files with several people online and the fact is that sometimes teamwork is better than individual work, therefore it is the convenience that the program gives us, It’s very important.
Now, in this article, we will show you how to use Excel’s SUMPRODUCT and SUM functions individually, and how to combine both to calculate some problems.
The weighted average is an average that takes into account the importance or weight of each value. A good example would be the calculation of a student’s final grade based on his or her performance on various tasks and tests.
this is usually an individual assignment. They do not count as much for the final grade as for the final exam, as quizzes, tests and final exams will have different weights.
this weighted average is computed as the sum of all values multiplied by their weights divided by the sum of all weights.
For its part, a weighted average can be associated with a measure type that is able to calculate a weight with different values that can be calculated.
Example SUMPRODUCT and SUM
For our example, let’s take a look at the test results and student tests. There are six quizzes with 5% of the total mark each, two exams of 20% of the total mark and the final exam with 30% of the total mark.
The student’s final grade will be a weighted average and we will use the SUMPRODUCT and SUM functions to calculate this. As you can see in the table below, we have already assigned relative weights to each test and exam in column D.
Step one: calculate the SUMPRODUCT
First, let’s see how the SUM PRODUCT function works. Start by selecting the cell where you want the result to appear (in our example, this is cell D13).
Next, go to the “Formulas” menu, select the “Math and Trig” drop-down menu, scroll down and click on the “SUMPRODUCT” function.
- The “Function Arguments” window appears.
- In the “Array1” field, select the student results.
- Here we select all cells with actual results in column C.
- Then use the “Array2” field to select the weight of the tests and exams.
- For us, they are in column D.
- Click “OK” when finished.
- The SUMPRODUCT function will multiply each result by the corresponding weight.
- Then it will return the sum of all these products.
Step two: calculate the SUM
- Now let’s see how the SUM function works.
- Select the cell where you want the results to appear (in our example, this is cell D14).
- Then go to the “formulas” menu.
- Select the “Math and Trigonometry” drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and click on the “SUM” function.
- This “ function arguments “.
- Select all scales in the “number 1” field.
- Click “accept”.
- The SUM function will add all the values together
Step three: Combine SUMPRODUCT and SUM
But now we can combine both functions to determine the student’s final grade on the basis of his results and the weight of each result.
- Select the cell where the weighted average should go (for us, this is cell D15).
- Then type the following formula in the function bar.
= PRODUCT SUM (C3: C11, D3: D11) / SUM (D3: D11)
- After typing the formula, press “enter” to see the weighted average.
How to Sort Data in Excel (Numbers, Text, Date and Time)
How to sort data in Excel will be our material today. Watch this article until the end, because our team will provide a detailed tutorial for you.
If you often deal with data that contains a lot of content, of course, you need to sort the data so that it is organized and neat.
How to sort it also turns out to be easy, you know, because Microsoft Excel already provides this feature, to make the work of its users easier.
So, you no longer need to sort the data you are working on manually. This method is very old-fashioned and inefficient because there will be a lot of wasted time.
So, how do you use the feature? Curious? Immediately follow the steps below.
THE EASIEST WAY TO SORT DATA IN EXCEL
Before entering the tutorial, you need to know if the data you are sorting can be in the form of numbers (from large to small, or vice versa), text (from A to Z, or vice versa), date and time formats (latest to oldest, or vice versa).
Oh yes, you can choose one of the three types of sorting above according to your needs. So, here it is!
1. How to Sort Numbers in Excel
- The first step, open Microsoft Excel on your PC and select the data you want to sort.
- Any cell block you want to sort.
- Then, click the Data tab and select Sort Largest to Smallest to sort the numbers from largest to smallest. You can also choose Sort Smallest to Largest if you want to sort the numbers from smallest to largest.
2. How to Sort Text in Excel
- First, select the cells you want to sort. The cells you select must be text, guys.
- Click the Data tab and select Sort A to Z (For text order from A to Z) or Sort Z to A (For text order from Z to A)
3. How to Sort Date and Time in Excel
- Click the cell that contains the date and time.
- Next, select Sort Newest to Oldest (For the latest to oldest date and time order), or you can also select Oldest to Newest (For oldest to newest date and time order).
That’s it guys, 3 ways to sort data in Excel that are the easiest to practice yourself on your data.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends, so that your friends’ skills in operating Microsoft Excel can also increase.
Microsoft Releases Update KB5010882 For Windows 11 Insider Dev Channel, Pipeline Testing Only
SHARE Again, an update has been released by Microsoft for Windows 11 Insider Dev Channel users, but as usual, this...
Microsoft Pulls Troubled Windows Server Update
SHARE The latest Patch Tuesday update which has been released previously is known to have caused many problems, including boot...
Microsoft Publishes Emergency Update For Windows Server
SHARE Microsoft has released an emergency out-of-band (OOB) update to address some of the issues caused by the Windows Update...
Former CEO: Microsoft Should Separate Windows and Office
SHARE A former Microsoft executive who was quite prominent in the 1990s had a crazy idea for the company, which...
Microsoft Releases Update KB5010791 For Windows 10 LTSC 2019
SHARE Two days ago, in addition to sending updates KB5010793 and KB5010795 for Windows 10 2004 users, and their families,...
Elon Musk Reveals Facts About Smartphones, The Twitter Universe Is Outrageous
SHARE Twitter as a community, tends to create an uproar in almost everything, even for issues that are not really...
Android 12 Now Can Turn Off 2G Network, For Device Security
SHARE Android 12 was officially launched in October 2021 and several OEMs have pushed the availability of this new mobile...
Windows 10 Build 19044.1499 Released to Release Preview Channel Contains Many Fixes
SHARE Users who are members of the Windows Insider program are treated to a build of Windows 11 in the...
Crypto: Knowing Crypto Money and How to Transaction
SHARE March 2020, when the Covid-19 pandemic first appeared in India, all sectors were affected by this virus. Of course,...
Microsoft Defender Exception List, Hackers Can Use To Skip Detection
SHARE Hackers could take advantage of a recently discovered vulnerability in the Microsoft Defender antivirus on Windows, to learn where...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- Windows 11 SE
Phones2 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones2 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech2 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News3 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers