Apple operating systems have announced a way to improve the interface appreciated through its screen since through the Mac dock you can get an interactive toolbar that can display the content of interest.
This interaction has been programmed to show a sequence of the applications most used by the user, or in that case, those that have been recently opened.
In this way, it is intended that all people have easy and quick access to these programs and that in the same way it can be customized to obtain the greatest benefit from this dynamic bar.
Many people have managed to obtain the most updated versions of the operating systems and equipment that have them, so today you can learn how to reconfigure this section.
Disable suggested and recent apps from your Mac’s dynamic bar
As mentioned above, one of the novelties that come with the latest versions of Apple’s operating system is the interactive bar feature called “Dock” which allows adding useful and interesting content.
Fortunately, it is not an aspect that must be installed by the user, as it is configured by default so that it forms part of the desktop interface automatically.
Its use is, mainly, to show a series of recommended programs for the user’s utility, and in the same way, those applications that are used frequently, including those that start automatically when the Mac is turned on .
Although this idea fascinated all operating system developers, there are certain people in the community who dislike change and prefer to return to the common aesthetics of their computer.
Fortunately for these people, and for you if you are part of them, there is the possibility of eliminating it from the interface or even managing to customize it to your liking in a very simple way.
How do you disable this new feature on your Mac?
In case this novelty is very annoying on your computer, the Mac system has made it possible to deactivate this function so that you do not have to occupy more space or consume a dynamism that you do not want.
To achieve this, you will only have to access “System Preferences “, an option that can be accessed by clicking on the apple icon that is on the toolbar.
Later, when you find the name of “Dock”, you can click on it and deactivate the option that mentions the constant appearance of applications within your taskbar.
If, on the other hand, you want to do the opposite, and that for some reason this option is deactivated, you can repeat the steps and check the box, so that you can insert suggested, recent applications and even those you want to use, such as Onyx, in case you need to locate hidden functions on your computer.
The dock is also an element that improves the interface of the iPhone
As in the Mac, from version number 11, the iPhone also has this renewed interface that Apple has imposed for its users. But in the same way that it is configurable on the computer, it is also configurable on your mobile device.
Therefore, if through this bar you receive many notifications about suggested apps or you want to stop viewing frequently used programs, such as with iMessage or the game center, you should know that you can do so.
Access the configuration of your iPhone and within “General” you will find the option of ” Multitasking and the Dock ” which is nothing more than the interactive bar that you want to customize.
You will automatically see a list of functions from which you can select, but the one you are interested in is last, such as a marked box that indicates ” Show recent and suggested apps .”
When you disable it, this toolbar will once again be what you used to know within your device, a space to gather the applications of your choice, so it will be enough to reconfigure it to your liking to continue enjoying the virtues and novelties of this OS.
How to Recover Deleted Downloads Folder on Mac – Step by Step
You have accidentally deleted a file from your computer and you don’t know how to recover it, this article will help you recover it in a very simple way. We will explain how to restore your Mac’s download folder, the steps to describe are safe and reliable, so let’s not wait any longer and let’s get started.
The vast majority of users using a Mac computer use the Downloads folder to delete files that are unnecessary. However, it is also possible that you accidentally delete the download folder, this would mean deleting all the download files. Even if you use the wrong command in the terminal, the copy and paste options may end up deleting this folder.
Where are deleted files hosted on Mac?
Files deleted from a Mac simply go directly to the Recycle Bin, but there are certain processes that can remove them completely. For example, use “Option + Command + Delete”, “Empty trash”, “Command + Delete, these are some, now we show you how to recover the download folder.
How to recover the download folder of your Mac?
Before we begin we want to first understand the basic factors of deleting the “Downloads” folder on your Mac computer.
- When the download folder is deleted, it still exists as a hidden file on the computer.
- If you are going to recover a said folder, you will have to stop doing any other activity on the computer. And if you don’t do this, the data will be overwritten and will not be recovered.
Now let’s go to the steps you will need to recover your download folder from your Mac, we recommend that you follow them to the letter.
- Method 1- Restore the folder from the recycle bin
When you apply the “Command + Delete” it sends the files and folders to the trash, therefore look for the download folder in the “Trash”. If you find the folder, select it, and restore it to its original location, the system usually locates it automatically. If you cannot find the file, you may have already emptied the trash, and in this case, you will have to try another recovery method.
- Method 2- Use the Time Machine to recover files
By backing up the Download folder with Time Machine, you can recover or restore it based on that copy. If I don’t even use this program to back up files then try using the third method to restore the download folder.
- Method 3- Use Mac data recovery software
If the two methods explained above do not work for you, try using an effective data recovery software for your Mac computer. For this case, download and install the Mac Any Data Recovery Pro program, this software is totally reliable and safe for your Mac.
- Steps to use Mac Any Data Recovery Pro
- Launch the program and scan the files you want to scan and want to recover, then click the “Start” button.
- Locate the Downloads folder on your Mac, select the correct hard drive, and hit the “Scan” option.
- Once the scan is complete, choose the files and preview them to check which ones you want to recover. Then select them and click on the “Restore” option so that they are saved in the “Downloads” folder.
As you can see in this way you can recover the download folder of your Mac, they are simple and practical steps to achieve your goal.
Use the Data Recovery Wizard software for Mac
The Data Recovery Wizard software is a program quite currently used to recover files that were deleted on a Mac PC. With its intuitive interface, you can recover data in just 3 simple steps, and thus in this way you can keep the original files.
What things can you do with this program?
- Recover deleted files from trash.
- Recovery of data found on the Mac Hard Drive.
- Restore photos from an SD card.
- If the system crashed and for that reason, some files were lost, then you can use Data Recovery Wizard.
This article helped you restore files that you accidentally deleted from your Mac easily, now we hope you succeed.
How to backup photos to my Mac with or without time machine
If you are an Apple user and you want to learn how to make a backup copy of your photos, then you have come to the right place, since we will teach you how to do it later. It is always advisable to have a backup of photos and files, because if when updating the software we lose all the information due to an error, then you can use your backup to recover everything without problems.
Steps to back up photos to my Mac with Time Machine
Next, we will show you all the steps you must follow to make a backup copy of the photos on my Mac with Time Machine.
- To start you must press the CMD key and the space bar at the same time to open ‘Spotlight’. Later you have to write ‘Time Machine’ and proceed to run the app.
- Next, you have to connect the disk or external device on which you are going to store your backup to back up your files.
- Right after connecting the disk to the computer, the Time Machine program will ask you if you want to use that drive to store the backup you are going to make.
- You will also have to check a box that says ‘Encrypt backup disk’. In this way, you will have to enter a password to access the files saved on the disk. This is an advantage since if the backup falls into the hands of third parties, they will not be able to access your information easily.
- In fact, the official Apple website recommends that we only use one device to save the backups that we make throughout the year. Also remember that if the disk does not have the proper format, you will have to format it from scratch.
- So, to create the password you will have to fill three fields: in the first, you must enter the password you want, then in the second field you have to write the password again and in the last field you can add a clue. This will help you remember it in case it does not come to mind when accessing the hard drive.
- After you finish creating the password, you simply have to click on the option that says ‘Encrypt disk’. In case the disk does not meet the recommended format requirements, then the Time Machine program will ask you if you want to erase the disk completely.
- If you click on the ‘Delete’ option, we remind you that you will permanently delete both the information and the previous formats from the unit where you are going to make the backup. That is why we recommend that you make sure that the disk does not have any relevant document before formatting it.
- In addition, we remind you that if you proceed with the disk formatting, you will have to wait a few minutes until all the files that you had saved are deleted. The more files you delete, the longer this process will take and a notification will appear on the desktop taskbar at the end.
- Now, if you press the option ‘Do not delete’ you will be redirected to the device selection menu to make the backup on your Mac.
How to Backup Photos to My Mac with iCloud Drive
In case you don’t know, all photos and documents that you save in iCloud Drive will be updated on all your Apple devices. In other words, you will be able to access all the synchronized documents from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, which works as a backup copy of your photos.
Set up iCloud Drive on a Mac
- To start you have to turn on your Mac and open the Apple menu. Here you must select the option that says ‘System Preferences’.
- Then click on your Apple ID and select iCloud.
- Now you must log in with your Apple ID and finally select the ‘iCloud Drive’ section.
Set up iCloud Drive on the rest of the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch devices
- First, open the settings menu and click on your Apple ID.
- Then you have to select the ‘iCloud’ section and proceed to activate iCloud Drive.
- You can also find all your iCloud Drive files in the app called Files.
How to create shortcuts to web pages on the desktop of my Mac computer
If you are one of those people who wants to have their links at hand that quickly direct them to an app or website, stay with us as we will show you how to create shortcuts on the desktop of your Mac computer.
If you are a new Mac user, like those who do not have to know the hidden functions of their Mac and still do not know how to do it, fear not, here we will teach you how to do it by following simple steps. In addition, we will give you a brief summary of the shortcuts, folders, and URLs that you can have on hand on your Mac computer.
Create shortcuts to your folders and URLs on your Mac
In Mac, the shortcuts are known as “Aliases” this establishes its function as a link that redirects directly to the main application, this “alias” modify it and change the name and place it where you want, in this case on the desktop.
To create the shortcut or “alias” the first thing you should do is locate the apps on your Mac, page address, or folder for which you want to create shortcuts.
An important aspect of the shortcuts is that they will allow you to work comfortably, many times it is a bit tedious work to search for an application within folders to be able to use it or an important URL and you must look in the history or in your email tray.
With this direct access option, you will save all that work and without a doubt, you will be able to save a lot of time when working from your Mac. Pay close attention as we will show you below, the steps you must take when creating the shortcut of a web page.
Create a shortcut of a page on your Mac by following these steps
To create direct access to a URL or web address you must, as a first step, access the desired web. But before doing so, we recommend that you log in with your account, so you will avoid having so many permissions appear to make your direct access.
After you are on the desired page, copy the URL of the page and drag it to the desktop. The page shortcut will automatically be created on your desktop.
Change the name of your shortcut
As you have seen, the procedure to create a shortcut on Mac is very simple. On the other hand, if you want to change the name, follow these steps:
* Once you have created the shortcut or “alias” on your desktop you can proceed to change the name quickly through the information panel.
- To open it you must click the right button of your mouse on the created shortcut and select the drop-down menu
- Select “get information”, select “name and extension” and there will appear the option or box where you can change the name of the shortcut.
* If you want to save all that work, just press the keys ” cmd. + I ” on the desired icon and it will automatically direct you to the box where you can change the name of the access.
Create a shortcut for your applications and folders
To create a shortcut for an application or folder you must go to Finder and in the Dock (application bar) select the application or folder you want to create the shortcut. Remember that if you want to create a shortcut for an application, it must be installed correctly on the computer.
The shortcuts will appear in the application bar. For more detailed information on the subject, you can seek help on Mac support. To create the shortcut on the desktop, you just have to follow these steps:
- From the top menu select “File”.
- Select the option “Create aliases.”
- Then select the folder or application and the shortcut will automatically be created on the desktop.
Create a shortcut in the Dock
To create the shortcut and place it in the Dock you must enter the applications folder and drag it to the position you want in the Dock, yes, that simple. If that doesn’t work, try resetting your Mac’s Dock settings. We recommend placing it in an empty space in the Dock and after the access has been created you can position it as you wish.
Samsung Reported Working on its Latest Chipset, Beating the Performance of Apple A14 Bionic
SHARE Samsung has recently launched its newest flagship smartphone in the Galaxy S series, namely the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus,...
PHOTO: Humanoid Robot Will Be Mass Produced
SHARE Since its launch in 2016, Sophia humanoid robot ‘ has gone viral and is planned to be mass-produced this...
Nokia 6.4 5G and 7.4 5G and cheap Nokia 1.4 on the way
SHARE Nokia 6.4 5G and 7.4 5G are two new mediums from HMD Global. The cheap Nokia 1.4 will come...
Xiaomi Mi 12 and Huawei Mate 50 Pro will get LTPO screens
SHARE Xiaomi Mi 12 and Huawei Mate 50 Pro are flagships that are to get LTPO screens. Thanks to this,...
How to create animated texts, logos, buttons and fonts online with Cool Text
SHARE Creating Cool Text allows for greater freedom in the content that is being produced, making everything possible. The creation...
What is gross, net and operating profit margin and how to calculate it in Excel
SHARE It is natural for every company or business to have a daily management system for the profits obtained from...
Thanks to the Apple Watch, Police Managed to Find a Woman Who was Kidnapped
SHARE Currently, many electronic devices are equipped with GPS (Global Positioning System) technology. It also turns out to be able...
Nokia Prepares Several New Smartphones for Release in Q1 and Q2 2021
SHARE HMD Global as the brand holder of Nokia is currently trying to present a new smartphone that will raise...
How to hide files and folders from search box results in Windows 10
SHARE The files and folders found in the Windows 10 search box belong to the computer’s hard drive. All this...
How to erase personal data and information stored by Cortana in Windows 10
SHARE Deleting your personal data and information stored by Cortana in Windows 10 will no longer be a concern on...
Phones1 year ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones1 year ago
Huawei’s New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech1 year ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News2 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers