During the pandemic, most of the activities are done online, using a laptop of course.
However, intensive use of laptops can quickly degrade performance.
So we need an easy way to keep the laptop tight and comfortable to work, study or find entertainment.
It’s no secret that the performance of a computer (PC) or laptop will decline over time.
Moreover, if the user is fond of installing applications and stuffing the hard disk/SSD with various files and documents until it is full.
To maintain or even improve the performance of computers and laptops, there are several tricks that can be done, especially for devices with the Windows 10 operating system.
You can follow these steps without having to install any additional apps.
This means that some of the features listed here are built into the system by default.
The following are 10 powerful ways to improve the performance of a PC or laptop with Windows 10.
1. Clean the hard disk
The first thing you can do is clean your computer’s storage space from various junk files with the “Disk Cleanup” feature.
This feature can be accessed by visiting the Start menu, then typing the keyword “disk cleanup”, and then pressing Enter.
On the next page, select which hard disk you want to clean and click the “OK” button.
Then, select any files that you want to clean by placing a “tick” in the box provided.
After that, click “OK” and “Delete Files”.
This process can be done periodically to free up storage media space from various files that are not so important.
2. Hard disk optimization
Apart from being cleaned, the memory blocks in storage also of course need to be optimized (optimized) or rearranged (defragmented) so that they can read and save files smoothly.
This process can be done through the “Defragment and Optimize Drives” feature.
To optimize the hard disk, you can type the keyword “defragment” in the Start menu and click Enter.
Then, select which hard disk to optimize and click the “Optimize” button.
Wait until the defragmentation process is complete.
Just like disk cleanup, you can do this process periodically.
3. Remove unnecessary apps
The applications installed on the computer basically eat up the storage media.
If you like to install applications, let alone a variety of heavy software such as games, you can be sure that your remaining storage will quickly run out.
Well, you can remove various unnecessary or rarely used applications as a solution.
To do this, you simply type the keyword “add or remove programs” in the Start menu and press Enter.
A few moments later, you will be presented with a list of applications installed on your computer.
Select an unused application and click the “Uninstall” button.
4. Restrict programs when the computer boots
When the computer is turned on (boots), Windows 10 will actually run a number of applications automatically.
The series of applications can be in the form of a default program from the OS itself or an application installed by each user.
If there are many applications that run automatically, then the boot process will take some time.
You can disable these various applications through the “Task Manager” feature which can be accessed by right-clicking on the taskbar.
Then, select the “Startup” tab, select the program that is not so important, right-click on the program, and select the “Disable” menu.
5. Turn off unnecessary background programs
In addition to disabling Startup programs, Task Manager can also be used to turn off various running programs.
Programs that are currently active, or running in the background, basically eat up memory or RAM.
This can erode computer performance, especially if you have a small capacity RAM and lots of programs running.
Now, to turn off various running programs, you can access the Task Manager feature again and this time select the “Processes” tab.
On the screen, select any application that you feel is no longer needed, then right-click and select “End task”.
6. Scan the computer regularly
It’s no secret that viruses or malicious software (malware) can have an impact on computer performance.
To prevent these malicious programs from entering, you can scan your computer periodically.
Windows 10 itself is equipped with security features that can scan computers for viruses, malware, to spy applications (spyware).
This feature can be accessed by entering the keyword “virus & threat protection” in the Start menu and pressing Enter.
Then, click the “Quick scan” button to scan the computer. Wait until the scanning process is complete.
If a malicious program is found, this feature can clean it automatically, so you don’t have to bother cleaning it manually.
7. Change the power setting to “Best performance”
If you are using a laptop, Windows 10’s power mode can affect the overall performance of the computer.
This aims to save power because laptops rely on batteries as the main power source and are intended for mobility.
The performance of the laptop itself can be set to the “Best performance” mode, but the battery power will be more wasteful later.
There is also a “Best battery life” mode that allows the system to suppress all processes and hardware capabilities to save battery.
You can switch between the two modes easily by clicking the “battery” icon in the notification tray row located in the lower right corner of the desktop display.
Then, slide the “lever” to the “Best performance” setting.
8. Change the appearance and remove desktop animation
The appearance of the desktop or computer interface (UI) that is not simple can have an impact on the overall performance of the computer.
Because various animation effects and so on make the system work harder.
You can lighten your computer’s workload by removing various effects and making your desktop UI more system-friendly.
You do this by typing the keyword “adjust performance” in the Start menu and pressing Enter.
Then, select the “Adjust for best performance” option, click “Apply”, and click “OK”.
9. Turn off the Indexing feature
Have you ever searched for various files on your storage media using the “Search” feature in Windows 10?
The search engine in Windows 10 basically relies on the “Indexing” feature to provide search results as efficiently as possible.
If the Indexing feature is disabled, then the search process will take time, but on the other hand, it will also improve computer performance.
For those of you who don’t use the search feature very often, it’s a good idea to disable the Indexing feature.
You do this by entering the keyword “search indexing” and pressing Enter.
Then, click the “Modify” button and uncheck all the available boxes and click “OK”.
10. Update Windows 10 system regularly
Not infrequently a system update brings a number of fixes that may also improve overall computer performance.
Likewise in Windows 10. To keep your computer in top condition, you can update your computer regularly.
Updates can be done by typing the keyword “check for updates” in the Start menu and then press Enter.
Click the “Check for updates” button to see if there is a new update or not.
If there is, then the computer will update the system automatically as long as there is an internet connection.
Did You Know, You Can Upgrade Windows 7 To Windows 11 Via Inplace Upgrade
How To Upgrade Windows 7 To Windows 11
Upgrade Windows 7 To Windows 11 : As we know, Microsoft released Windows 11 with lots of requirements that we need to adjust, and of course, previously there was no way to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 except from Windows 10.
But recently there is an interesting trick that makes it no longer impossible, where it turns out that we can upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 with a fairly simple trick.
You can see the tutorial itself in the video from NTDEV below.
Based on the video above, you only need Windows 11 ISO, Windows 10 ISO TH1 (1507) or TH2 (1511) and gimagex _x64. Then you can follow these short steps:
- Unzip Windows 10 TH1 or TH2 ISO on PC
- Copy UpgradeMatrix.xml from unzipped ISO to desktop
- Mount ISO Windows 11 dan copy install.wim kedalam ISO Windows 10
- Next, run the inplace upgrade as usual, and you can install Windows 11 as usual.
Looks easy doesn’t it?, please try it, maybe later I will also write a more complete article about this in the next tutorial.
What do you think? comment below guys.
How to install Windows 7 from USB – step by step
Many times, when it comes to repairing or formatting a computer, we come across an important problem: that it does not have a CD or DVD drive through which we can perform these actions. However, this problem has a much easier solution than you think, a method that only requires a bootable USB, compatible with the built-in USB inputs in all types of equipment.
Don’t you know what a bootable USB is? Do you know what it is but you don’t know how to make your USB drive bootable? Do you need to format a computer that doesn’t have a CD or DVD reader? Don’t worry, we answer all these questions and also show you how to install Windows 7 from USB – step by step. Let’s go there!
What is a bootable USB
A bootable USB drive has the function of housing an operating system or software that, in addition, can be booted from the start of the computer, allowing adjustments to be made to the computer’s base system or completely formatted. Bootable USBs have the same functions as a CD or DVD, but also offer the possibility of storing other files on their memory, since it shares the peculiarities of a classic USB and a bootable drive.
These bootable USB drives are ideal for newer computers since these usually do not have a built-in CD or DVD drive and, without bootable USB drives, these computers would have serious problems repairing and booting their system in certain cases, as well as formatting them completely. For their part, these drives are so versatile that they also allow data recovery, complete systems administration, and many other functions without the need to affect computer files; the best of all? you can change its functions as many times as necessary without any risk.
In a bootable USB drive, you can install a complete operating system and use it from a computer with a different system and, in addition, you can also install any type of software, from editing programs to video games. To create your own bootable USB with Windows 7, follow the steps below:
- The first thing you should do is make your USB bootable or bootable. To do this, connect your USB drive to your computer and check that it has 4 or more GB of storage.
- Next, go to the Windows “Start” menu and select the “All Programs” option. Go to “Accessories” and right-click on “Command Prompt”. You must run this last option as an administrator.
- When the MS-DOS pop-up window opens (you will recognize it by its black background), you will see new commands that will tell the system that the USB drive should be made Bootable. To achieve this, type “diskpart” and hit “Enter”.
- After this step, you must wait for the word “diskpart” to appear again and type “list disk” before pressing Enter. When you have done this, the storage disk units that your computer has will appear, even removable ones such as USB.
- Don’t get lost, because to carry out the next step, you will have to write “select disk” plus the number or letter to which the USB drive belongs. Once again, hit Enter.
- Then type “clean” and hit Enter; This last action is the one that will finally format the USB drive. You must be very careful not to select the wrong unit.
- When this action has been processed, type “create partition primary” and hit Enter. Keep typing “select partition 1” and hit Enter again. When you’ve done this, type “active” and, as always, hit Enter.
- We’re done, so pay close attention to the last two steps: type “format fs = ntfs” and hit Enter. Wait for the process to finish and when it’s ready, type “assign” and hit Enter again.
- To complete the process, you will only have to type “exit”. You can now enjoy your bootable USB.
Also Read:- Upgrade Windows 7 To Windows 11
How to download Windows 7
To download the Windows 7 operating system to your computer as an ISO image, you just have to follow the steps that we will present below. However, before you start the download, you should make sure you meet these requirements :
- The first thing you must have to download Windows 7 through its official website is the product key because without it you will not be able to download the software.
- You must have a stable internet connection.
- Have enough space on the computer’s hard drive or on the USB drive where it will be stored (minimum 4 GB).
- In addition, you should consult the minimum requirements that the computer where Windows 7 will be installed must-have.
With the aforementioned results, we are going to proceed with the step by step of how to download Windows 7 below:
- Enter the product key in the box where it is required, keep in mind that it consists of 25 characters. The key to download Windows 7 is in the box of the purchased product, either in physical version or online through an email that you will have received after purchase.
- After verifying the validation key of the operating system, you must select the language you want from the pop-up menu.
- Next, and this is one of the most important steps, you must select the version of Windows that best suits your computer, be it 32 or 64 bits. Keep in mind that you will receive both versions through the links.
- After selecting the correct version from the link, the download will start automatically.
How to install Windows 7 from USB: step by step
As we have seen, downloading Windows 7 is an easy task, so now you just have to take it to your bootable USB drive and install it on the computers you want. Find out how to install Windows 7 from a pen drive with the step by step that we present below:
- The first thing you should do, and already having a bootable USB, is to copy the Windows 7 software to the unit. Remember that if you have an ISO image you must unzip it before copying it to USB.
- Next, you must turn off your computer in order to insert the bootable USB drive with the copied operating system. To access the system boot panel, you must turn on the computer and press any of the F12, F9, F11, F8, F10 or ESC keys + any of the aforementioned keys or TAB.
- Once you are inside the boot system menu, look for the option “Boot Menu” and press Enter.
- As soon as you can enter the Boot Menu, look for the “USB” option and hit Enter again. In some cases, this option may be presented to you under the name “Removable Devices.”
- Next, go to the “exit” option and wait for the computer to restart to boot with the bootable USB drive.
- Once the Windows 7 operating system installer starts, you will only have to follow the instructions that the installation wizard will indicate.
After this last step, you will already know how to install Windows 7 from USB and you will be able to enjoy this modern version as much as you want.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to install Windows 7 from USB – step by step, we recommend that you enter our PC-Tutorials category.
How to Fix a Slow Refreshing File Explorer
In the past few days, I have experienced a problem that I often encounter with the File Explorer Windows 10 that I use, where when I’m at work, for example, I want to create a new folder, the folder is created, but it doesn’t appear like File Explorer doesn’t refresh the directory list, the same the case when renaming where the folder name is still the same.
Because I often encounter this problem when I am out of the house, one thing that makes me suspicious is a problem with Quick Access which might make File Explorer slow and even fail to auto-refresh. Then what is the problem?
Well in my case with this problem, please note that I usually save the network folder in Quick Access for faster access, you can see the article itself on the following page: How to Quickly Access Network Folder in Windows 10
At home, File Explorer looks fine and there are no problems, as long as the network and network folders that I save can be accessed properly, but when outside, File Explorer becomes quite problematic, so to fix this problem, I simply delete the existing Network Folder in Quick Access only.
The same thing might happen to you, and if you find File Explorer Slow Refreshing, you can check it. But if it turns out that the problem is not from there, you can check the following things.
Cek File System
To check for possible errors with the Windows file system, you can open Command Prompt as Admin and type the following command:
And if there is a problem, usually the system will automatically fix it. But if it still fails, there are several other steps you can try, including:
Restart File Explorer via Task Manager
Please open Task Manager > on the Process tab, please search for Windows Explorer and click Restart.
Now, please try some of the steps above, in my case this problem was caused by the Network Folder that I saved in Quick Access, if by chance you also have it, please delete the folder and please restart File Explorer via Task Manager, the problem should now be resolved.
How? have you got enlightenment? if so, hopefully, this article will be useful, but if you have other steps and maybe there are other different causes, don’t hesitate to share your experiences below guys.
How to Fix Broken SD Card/Micro SD on Android Without Using a PC/Laptop
SHARE More SD Card or Micro SD is one way to increase storage capacity on Android phones, but there are...
How to Hide Notifications When Lock Screen on Android Phone
SHARE More In the default settings, a notification on an android phone is set so that it allows us to...
How to Overcome Camera Can’t Focus on Android
SHARE More When the camera focus feature doesn’t work correctly or doesn’t work at all on an Android phone, one...
How to Convert JPEG Format to Excel
SHARE More Do you want to convert a JPEG file to Excel? The answer is Yes. As we know, a...
How to Overcome Windows 11 Can’t Drag and Drop
SHARE More Since Microsoft officially released Windows 11 to the public. Users commonly use several features that do not function...
Windows 12 in 2024? Microsoft may move to the three-year release cycle
SHARE More With Windows 11, Microsoft introduced an annual release cycle of significant operating system releases. This could change with...
Instagram Adds Paid Content Features
SHARE More The Instagram platform has just added several new features for content that can only be accessed through subscriptions....
How to Update Drivers in Windows 11 Automatically
SHARE More If you want to update the drivers of windows 11 automatically, we will guide you step by step....
Why is Youtube Go Not on the Google Play Store?
SHARE More YouTube Go is another version of the youtube application, one of the features of this youtube go is...
How to fix Redmi Airdots that can’t be charged
SHARE More Are you looking for a solution to Redmi Airdots Charging Problem? We will give you proper details on...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones3 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones3 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
Tech3 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone
News3 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers