How to Install Neofetch in Linux Terminal with Repository
Neofetch is an application or Command Line utility on Ubuntu that allows you to view information from your device including the software and hardware you are using.
By using Neofetch you can display information from the hardware on the device you are using, the operating system or distribution of Linux you are using, the kernel and Bash versions, to information about the Themes and Icons you are currently using.
Neofetch is built with Bash. Actually, apart from the Linux operating system, Neofetch can also be used on macOS, iOS, BSD, Solaris, Android, Haiku, GNU Hurd, MINIX, AIX, and even Windows (using Windows Subsystem for Linux) as long as Bash is installed.
Neofetch is very customizable, so it is very suitable for people or Linux users who like to customize or tweak.
OK right away:
Read Also:- How to install Linux Ubuntu operating system from USB on my PC
How to Install Neofetch on Ubuntu Linux Using Repository
Open Terminal and enter the following command:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dawidd0811/neofetch
Then update the repository to add a list of applications and install Neofetch with the following command:
$ sudo apt update && sudo apt install neofetch
Wait for the package file update process and installation to complete.
If you want to see neofetch, just type the following command:
Anyway, one more thing if you want neofetch to run automatically when you open Terminal, edit the configuration by typing the following command:
$ nano ~/.bashrc
Then enter the command ” neofetch ” at the bottom line (without the quotes). After that save by pressing CTRL + X and press the ” Y ” button again (“Y” signifies YES ). DONE and congratulations your neofetch has run automatically in Terminal.
2 Easy Ways to Format Flashdisk on Ubuntu Linux, which method do you choose?
Flash format is an activity that aims to empty the files stored in it. This method is done for various reasons, such as wanting to copy new files, removing viruses, and others.
Flash format in Linux is not much different from the flash format in Windows, and it’s just that there are various ways of formatting that you can do. Depending on your understanding of which one is easy, you can use your method.
In this discussion, I will use two of the most common and easy-to-use ways to format a flash drive on Linux, namely how to format a flash drive manually and via the Terminal. The Type of Linux that I use here is the desktop version of Ubuntu 16.04.
How to Format Flashdisk on Linux Ubuntu
( I. ) Format Flash Disk Manually
The one most often used by users is how to format the flash here manually I use. The steps are as follows.
1. Open your file explorer or directory. Click on the flash drive that you want to format to see if your flash drive is legible, what it contains, and are you sure you want to format it.
2. After that, right-click on your flash device, as shown in the picture—Click Format to empty your flash.
3. Next, there are options ( Erase, Type, and Format ) that you can adjust to your needs on this Volume Format. You can follow the default options as shown in the picture.
- I select ‘ Don’t overwrite existing data (Quick )’ in the Erase section. This option makes the formatting process faster.
- I choose the FAT format for Type here, but you can select another such as NTFS.
- Then, write a new name for your flash device in the Name field.
- Next, click the Format button.
4. After that, a confirmation will appear again to make sure you do the correct format of the flash. At this stage, the Type of your flash device will be displayed as indicated by the arrow in the image. The flash that I formatted is branded HP and has a capacity of 16GB. Click the Format button to start the flash format process.
5. Format your flash drive has been successful. You can check it by re-opening your flash directory and seeing that the flash drive is empty.
( II. ) Format the flash drive via Terminal.
In addition to manually, you can format the flash via the Terminal. How to? Follow these steps.
1. First, you can check the contents of your flash drive first to make sure you format it. Here, the name of my flash is My FD.
2. Open your Terminal. You can use the shortcut by pressing the keyboard’s Ctrl + Alt + T keys. Type the command:
sudo fdisk -l
The above command aims to find out the address of your flash drive. In the command, use the word sudo, where the Terminal will ask for your password input first. Enter your password; then, the Terminal will display the specifications of the device installed on your computer.
The device that is connected is the flash that we will format. You can ensure the device is your flash drive by observing its size. The example image above says 15.1 G, which means that the flash that I will format is filled with 15.1 GB. Then, remember the address. The address is listed in the Device column, wherein the image above it says /dev/sdb1.
3. Next, use the flash address we know earlier to run the umount command. This command aims to release the flash that is currently associated. You can see the related flash disk in the file explorer, wherein the flash name has an arrow button, as shown below.
Use the command below to remove your pen drive.
sudo umount /dev/sdb1
4. Next, you can type a command like the one below to format the flash drive.
sudo mkfs.vfat /dev/sdb1
There is the word ‘ vfat ‘ in the command where FAT states the flash format after formatting. You can replace it with NTFS, hfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, and others according to your needs.
5. Finally, your flash is successfully formatted. To check, please open your file explorer and prove your flash drive is empty.
Before formatting the flash drive, make sure there are no important files that will be deleted. Back up your precious data if you are worried about losing your files. That’s how to format the flash on Linux Ubuntu easily. Give your feedback in the comments column below. Thank you.
How to Install Microsoft Teams on Linux
For those who don’t know, Microsoft Teams is now available as a Multi-Platform application on almost all operating systems, be it Windows, Mac, Linux, Android or iOS.
Now about this, we will summarize the short steps on how to Install Microsoft Teams on Linux. As usual, here, I will use Elementary OS as my mainstay Linux OS.
Here are the short steps.
Step 1. First, please open the Microsoft Teams site.
Step 2. Please download the Installer file from Microsoft Teams; please adjust it to the Linux distro you have, DEB for Ubuntu, Debian and all their descendants, and RPM for Fedora, CentOS and all their siblings.
Step 3. After the file is downloaded, please open the file, and if your Linux already has an app installer, the steps will be easier because we click install.
But if it doesn’t exist, we can use the classic steps by using Terminal. Open Terminal > Go to Directory Download > Then type the following command:
sudo dpkg -i <namafileinstaller>
Exactly as in the picture above, after typing the command, you need to enter your root password, and then the installation will run until the Microsoft Teams application is installed.
Well, please try, guys; it’s easy, isn’t it? I hope this article is useful.
GParted, Partition Management Application for Linux Operating System
Have you ever heard of GParted? This name may still sound less familiar to your ears, especially for those who use the Windows operating system because GParted is intended for Linux users.
Although it sounds less familiar, this application is quite a lot of people who use it. One of the reasons is because GParted offers ease of operation. Even people new to using it tend not to experience complicated problems even though it is the first time they try it.
What Are the Features of GParted?
GParted is an application that can run on both x86 and x64 computers with operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, and Linux with a minimum RAM size of 256 MB. From these specifications, we can know that this application is light because it only requires a RAM capacity of only 256 MB.
Some of the features that make GParted one we recommend include:
- Create or delete partitions
- Format partition
- Resize partition
- Mounting and unmounting partitions _
- Checking storage conditions
- Enable and disable Swap (this feature can be used on devices with Linux OS)
- New UUID
- and others
You can use all of these features according to your needs. Using the features in GParted is not too difficult because the instructions are clear. Also, because GParted is GUI, it makes the instructions easy to understand.
How to Use GParted
- As usual, you download the GParted application.
- There will be an ISO file; then, you burn the file.
- Restart the computer and make sure that the boot CD-ROM is in the first place
- GParted is ready for you to use
- You can click Resize or Move if you want to adjust the size of the hard disk.
- You drag across the partition towards the left. Don’t forget to pay attention to the words New Size to create a new size and Free Space Following, the new partition you are using.
- Then you press the Resize or Move button to start this process
- You click the new partition in the Filesystem section. Then select ext3 and label ‘/.”
- Click the Add button, then apply to begin the partition change process.
- Restart the computer and see the size of the partition on the hard drive now
- Don’t forget to backup your data first before using GParted.
For your information, several versions of the Linux operating system that can use GParted include Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, and Open Suse. GParted stands for Gnome Partition Editor, an application with a GUI or Graphic User Interface.
This application is used for storage management, namely SSD or hard disk. Functions of GParted as found in the Partition Wizard in DLC Boot for Windows OS. At the beginning of its creation, this application was intended for Linux OS.
However, now you can download GParted and use it for Windows OS. By using this application, you can edit, resize, or create or delete partitions on the storage media on your computer or laptop.
WhatsApp Releases Message Edit Feature, Suitable for Those of You Who Often Typo
SHARE More The messaging application owned by Meta Inc, WhatsApp, released a new feature that might be very useful for...
What is Android System Intelligence?
SHARE More For those of you Android phone users, you may often know Android System Intelligence on your Android system....
FBI Blocks 13 Internet Domains Related to DDoS Cyber Attacks
SHARE More FBI blocks 13 internet domains as they are associated with malicious DDoS services. This action was carried out...
How To Fix Temporarily Lost Connection
SHARE More The temporarily lost connection problem is a Temporarily Lost Connection error when launching the EA application. There are...
WhatsApp’s New Feature Allows You to Create a Channel, Ready to Become a Content Creator?
SHARE More WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging platforms because it has an easy-to-use interface and a variety...
Cannot Open Web Pages But Internet Connected
SHARE More If you try to visit a site and you see a web page cannot be opened notification appears,...
Overcoming WhatsApp can’t download images
SHARE More In this article, we will give you tips on how to deal with WhatsApp not downloading images. Usually,...
These 47 cell phone brands will no longer be able to use WhatsApp starting December 2023
SHARE More Starting December 31, 2023, the messaging application WhatsApp will no longer work on at least 47 cell phones....
Can AI Technology Replace Human Jobs? This is ChatGPT Answer!
SHARE More Much has been said about AI chatbots such as ChatGPT, Bing AI, and Google Bard, about whether in...
What is eSIM (Electronic SIM Card)?
SHARE More Have you heard of eSIM lately? If you have one, an eSIM is a replacement for a physical...
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Blog Tutorials
- Home improvement
- Life Hack
- Mobile Tutorials
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- PC Tutorials
- PDF Tutorials
- Social Media
- Weight and body image
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Phones4 years ago
Apple iPhone 11 (2019) – Release, Info, Leaks, Rumors
Phones4 years ago
Huawei New Operating System is HarmonyOS [ Officially ]
News4 years ago
Belle Delphine bath water – Instagram Model Sells Used Bathwater For 30$ To Their Loyal Followers
Tech4 years ago
Levi’s Bluetooth Jacket Lets You Control Your Smartphone